Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 648 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

Did any of those songs win Record and/or Song of the Year (which are specifically the categories we’vr been talking about)?

Your post that I answered wasn’t specifically talking about record or song. Also, Living for the City by Stevie Wonder is from the album Innervisions. That album won AOTY.

dan
    Participant
    Topics:

zayn’s album ‘icarus falls’ is so underrated

dan
    Participant
    Topics:

then why do I still hear them every time I turn on the radio??…. lmaooo I listen to Z100 if that makes anything better…

then you must be listening to if i can’t have you and i don’t care A LOT

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

then you must be listening to if i can’t have you and i don’t care A LOT

Yup, payola works wonders!

y'all ugly and smelly

dan
    Participant
    Topics:

boz > dc (i said what i said) also STFU M!

dan
    Participant
    Topics:

I have given the reasons why I think Ariana will win Pop Solo, which you can gladly look up in the past threads. And yes, it is true that my first predictions ever are somehow telling of my ability to predict 4 years after. You’re truly, without a doubt, the brightest post on these forums.

i think she will win pop vocal album. billie’s debut album isn’t as good as thank u next!

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

i think she will win pop vocal album. billie’s debut album isn’t as good as thank u next!

I think Billie will win Pop Vocal. Her album has had more longevity than Ariana’s. It could go either way but I’m leaning towards Billie.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana did NOT win because of Pharrell. The REACHING that some of you are doing.

Believe what you want, this is a place where people speak their opinions. Mine is this, yours may be different.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Believe what you want, this is a place where people speak their opinions. Mine is this, yours may be different.

The problem is that some of you are saying that like it’s a scientific fact, when it’s not.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Thats not really much of an opinion. You’re stating it like its a fact. Im not crazy about Ariana but Sweetener was easily the best album there. But this doesn’t mean her win means she’s gonna get further nods/wins especially in the GF.

y'all ugly and smelly

Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

P!nk deserves to win pop vocal album to be honest, she’s overdue for that category!

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

P!nk deserves to win pop vocal album to be honest, she’s overdue for that category!

I agree that she deserves to win more Grammy’s, but Hurts 2B Human is a weak album. I would love to see 90 Days win though. That song is beautiful.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Your post that I answered wasn’t specifically talking about record or song. Also, Living for the City by Stevie Wonder is from the album Innervisions. That album won AOTY.

I said, “the only albums and songs that win in the GF by black artists are safe and often generic; meanwhile, the political ones that speak on racism, or issues regarding it, get pushed aside.”

Innervisions is not a political album. Just because Taylor Swift has a song about (exploiting) the gays doesn’t mean that Lover is a political album.

It’s also important to note that most of Stevie’s political songs that were popular were… well, let’s just say they’re like Ebony & Ivory. He’s not a “political” artist like Kendrick Lamar or Solange.

EDIT: before my words get twisted, when I say that Innervisionis not political, I mean that it has as many love songs as political ones. I am aware that the album does tackle racism and many other issues regarding the black experience in America, I’m just saying that, conceptually, it is not a full body of work dedicated to tackling race issues.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Boz.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Boz.
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Innervisions is not an aggressive album. Stevie Wonder was always a peaceful artist, anyways. It was considered beautiful and one of the greatest albums of all time. TPAB is broad, aggressive, explosive with its attack on racism and many other social issues. Outkast does not work as an argument either since they won for a pop-induced, accessible and fun album.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

bad guy will NOT win anything

Sweetener‘s win wasn’t thanks to Pharrell

Sunflower will not have GF noms

Lizzo will not win AOTY, ROTY or SOTY. BNA maybe if the voters hate Billie and even then, I think Billie would win anyway in a close race. She’s too urban to win in the GF, we all know better than that. If even Kendrick and Beyoncé, who are obviously beloved by voters can’t win, do you really think Lizzo will? Gambino won because he has prestige and the competition was weak. Lizzo won’t be taken seriously.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 648 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.