Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 679 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
DC95
Pauly Antonio
  • Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

https://kworb.net/radio/ Sunflower is at #35 Old Town Road is at #23 which is pretty low for a #1 song

then why do I still hear them every time I turn on the radio??…. lmaooo

I listen to Z100 if that makes anything better…

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

https://kworb.net/radio/

Sunflower is at #35

Old Town Road is at #23 which is pretty low for a #1 song

Sunflower came out last year. The fact that it’s even charting…

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Also #23 isn’t that low when you remember that Old Town Road has been at #1 for 18 weeks. Radio rotates songs.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Sunflower came out last year. The fact that it’s even charting…

Because people still love the song. It’s memorable. It’s catchy. And after hearing it many times it grows on you. That’s what kinda helped OTR too, even though I don’t like the song, but it’s catchy too.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

“Old Town Road” also sounded nothing like a radio hit on the first listen. Radio was basically dared to play it because of its overwhelming popularity.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all drag him every other week for this…let the man breathe💀.

I don’t mind getting dragged for an old prediction. It’s funny in hindsight.

ReplyCopy URL
    Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Could Billie Eilish and Lizzo get nominated in all four GF categories? I don’t recall two acts ever accomplishing that feat in the same year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Because people still love the song. It’s memorable. It’s catchy. And after hearing it many times it grows on you. That’s what kinda helped OTR too, even though I don’t like the song, but it’s catchy too.

Okay…and your point is?

You basically said “Old Town Road and Sunflower are not radio hits” and now you’re saying they are because they’re catchy.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Could Billie Eilish and Lizzo get nominated in all four GF categories? I don’t recall two acts ever accomplishing that feat in the same year.

To my knowledge, it would be the first time that has happened; definitely the first time in recent memory. I think both are gunning for nominations in all four categories. There are 8 nominees now, it’s a weak year, and they’re having extraordinary breakthrough years.

The closest to it I can think of would be fun./Frank Ocean in 2013 (fun. in all 4; Ocean in all but Song) and Alicia Keys/India.Arie in 2002 (India in all 4; Alicia in all but Album).

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t either, that’s why I don’t have Lizzo in SOTY right now, Billie’s more popular so I gotta think if only one of them is getting in it’s her. If “Truth Hurts” becomes a #1 hit that’ll be enough to make me predict both.

ReplyCopy URL
    Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Right now, I think both Billie Eilish and Lizzo will get in all four GF categories. Though, Billie has the edge due to her immense popularity.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana was able to win against a 10x Grammy winner and 2x AOTY winner, a 3x winner, and another 3x winner that’s also beloved by Pop voters, all while having less sales than the first two and no previous wins. Gaga having 9 trophies means absolutely nothing. I’m not going to get into the whole Bad Guy debate because we’ve already established you’re being delusional and over-predicting Billie. Bad Guy won’t win Record or Pop Solo.

Pharrell was able to win, ari won for his buzz.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana did NOT win because of Pharrell. The REACHING that some of you are doing.

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

Did any of those songs win Record and/or Song of the Year (which are specifically the categories we’vr been talking about)?

Your post that I answered wasn’t specifically talking about record or song. Also, Living for the City by Stevie Wonder is from the album Innervisions. That album won AOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dan Costa
    Participant
    Topics:

zayn’s album ‘icarus falls’ is so underrated

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 679 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.