Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 681 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
24 mins ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
DC95
Pauly Antonio
  • MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, “Bad Guy” is winning Best Pop Solo Performance at the very minimum.

Seriously doubt it. Gaga will win again for her shameless Grammy-bait songs  or Ariana will win this as a consolation prize. They won’t want her to go home empty-handed because it would seem too shady.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Seriously doubt it. Gaga will win again for her shameless Grammy-bait songs or Ariana will win this as a consolation prize. They won’t want her to go home empty-handed because it would seem too shady.

consolation for what exactly?

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Has any fiction work been nominated recently in Best Audiobook? I wonder because Elisabeth Moss recorded The Handmaid’s Tale and being almost finished with it, she’s really outstanding.

If it wasn’t the autobiographies of Michelle Obama (“Becoming”) and Selina Meyer (“A Woman First: First Woman: A Memoir”) I would say she’s the front-runner to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

consolation for what exactly?

For losing everything else, as it seems she will.

ReplyCopy URL
    Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

Has any fiction work been nominated recently in Best Audiobook? I wonder because Elisabeth Moss recorded The Handmaid’s Tale and being almost finished with it, she’s really outstanding. If it wasn’t the autobiographies of Michelle Obama (“Becoming”) and Selina Meyer (“A Woman First: First Woman: A Memoir”) I would say she’s the front-runner to win.

Looking at the past decade, nominated works of fiction in Best Spoken Word Album include The Maltese FictionHamlet, Blood on Snow, and The Mark of Zorro.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

For losing everything else, as it seems she will.

She’s probably just going to lose everything and that will be that. People go 0-for-X at the Grammys all the time. Ariana isn’t any more special than any of them.

And “Sunflower” is absolutely getting nominated for Record of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m pretty sure Gaga is winning Compilation soundtrack for visual media for A Star Is Born

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Would Bradley be credited for the album categories??

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s probably just going to lose everything and that will be that. People go 0-for-X at the Grammys all the time. Ariana isn’t any more special than any of them. And “Sunflower” is absolutely getting nominated for Record of the Year.

I think it’s pretty obvious Grammys don’t like Post Malone. They’ve been snubbing him for years and only nominated him this year because it was his HUGE year, and even so, his album was snubbed in Pop Vocal Album although it was the second best selling album of the year. I don’t think they’re going to nominate him on the GF in two consecutive years, but I might be wrong.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Would Bradley be credited for the album categories??

Probably

He is in 9 Songs (10 with INLA if you count the 10 seconds that he sings on it) and credited as producer or songwritter in all his solos

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see Ariana winning anything this year. She’s gonna get Jay Z’ed with like 5-0.

I think “Someone You Loved” or “Always Remember Us This Way” will win Best Pop Solo. And “WWAFAWDWG” will win Best Pop Vocal Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Ariana Grande may NOT even get 5 nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Bradleys gonna have more singing awards than acting awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Childish Gambino’s competition was NOT weak.

He was going up against three other urban artists with big hits + a late boomer hit. Plus, many people thought it would lose because it didn’t “hold up well.” He could have easily split votes with those other urban artists and “Shallow” definitely had a lot going for it at the time. Let’s not discredit his wins with the “weak competition” thing because that was certainly not the case.

ReplyCopy URL
    MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see Ariana winning anything this year. She’s gonna get Jay Z’ed with like 5-0.

I think “Someone You Loved” or “Always Remember Us This Way” will win Best Pop Solo. And “WWAFAWDWG” will win Best Pop Vocal Album.

If the Grammy nominations are out on November 20, Lover might snag Best Pop Vocal Album if WWAFAWDWG ends up being nominated in Best Alternative Album.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 681 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.