Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 692 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
DC95
Pauly Antonio
  • CarlosEdu21
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Free spirit will get in, they always leave some space for critical successes and “indie” veteran albums. Free Spirit will be left out, there are many more successful albums with better critical reception. Also, I see Lizzo in a lot of categories this year but I am not sold on AOTY.

Khalid is like Post Malone last year. Both had one of the best-selling albums of the year with mixed reviews and a big single (Rockstar and Talk). I don’t doubt that Khalid be nominated in AOTY and, probably, ROTY with Talk.

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey I am not sure if Maggie Roggers will get into AOTY! Homegirl is forgettable as fuck!

Barnacles Bro

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

On a side note, I would love the Grammys to go host-less next year. The Oscars done it this year and now the Emmys are following. It would allow more focus on the awards instead of the shitty, scripted jokes which we saw a lot of this year (and previous years).

James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

May Old Dominion score a Best Country Duo/Group Performance nomination for their new one named “One Man Band”. (smiles)

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

On a side note, I would love the Grammys to go host-less next year. The Oscars done it this year and now the Emmys are following. It would allow more focus on the awards instead of the shitty, scripted jokes which we saw a lot of this year (and previous years).

It could fit more performances and they can announce more categories with going host-less.

Brayfers
    Participant
    Topics:

every part of me hopes brockhampton can pull of a nom in the rap field, but they have zero track record with the Grammys. I loved iridescence soooo much.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I read somewhere that the Backstreet Boys album has the most pure sales of 2019. Is that true?

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I read somewhere that the Backstreet Boys album has the most pure sales of 2019. Is that true?

ASIB has the most pure sales of 2019. JoBros has the most pure sales from albums released in 2019. Then its Billie, BTS, then BSB.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Im just wondering, does anyone have any faith in this Megan x Nicki Collab?? loll

Dan Costa
    Participant
    Topics:

Im just wondering, does anyone have any faith in this Megan x Nicki Collab?? loll

no… but maybe the new katy perry song will be good

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess it’s never really over

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Free spirit will get in, they always leave some space for critical successes and “indie” veteran albums. Free Spirit will be left out, there are many more successful albums with better critical reception. Also, I see Lizzo in a lot of categories this year but I am not sold on AOTY.

If hit-laden albums by the Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, Lady Antebellum, Bruno Mars, Rihanna, fun., Sam Smith, Justin Bieber, Drake, Post Malone, and more can get in AOTY with meh-to-mediocre reviews, Khalid definitely can.

He’s not a lock, but he feels like a very strong choice. He’s a recent BNA nominee, immensely popular (and especially with younger audiences, which doesn’t hurt), and adds easy diversity to the lineup without straying very far from Grammy voters’ tastes.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

They had the biggest first-week pure sales of 2019 but they have since been eclipsed by the Jonas Brothers.

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Nicki Minaj has made hits with more popular artists and still hasn’t gotten a nomination! She is going to have to pull off a major song like Cardi B to be nominated again!

Barnacles Bro

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

I would have to disagree with this one. I think I wouldn’t give a COMEDIC host for the Grammys, rather someone part of the music industry like Alicia Keys. Her performance was one of the best of the night last year and that double piano was amazing. Something I would change is to not to have a lot of performances because at one time in the award show last year, we had 1 award every hour which is incredible bad when they had to run through SOO many awards at the end like when they cut off AOTY for Kacey Musgraves. So in my view, keep award show host so that it won’t be stale, but don’t create unnecessary performances that 1. Dont make the Grammys look good  and 2. Make us, the audience, bored as hell.

Barnacles Bro

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 692 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.