Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 648 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do you think will have the most nominations? So far I think I could possibly be Billie (AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, BNA, BVPA, BPSP, MV- 7 noms) or Lizzo (AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, BNA, Best Rap Song, Best Rap Duo Performance, Best Rap Performance, and Best Urban Contemporary Album)

Barnacles Bro

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie will easily get 6-7 nominations. I expect her or Lizzo to be the leader. How many Lizzo will get is kind of unpredictable.

There is no such category as Rap Duo Performance anymore.

Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

Current SOTY predictions:
    “Bad Guy” (Billie Eilish)
    “Thank U, Next” (Ariana Grande)
    “Truth Hurts” (Lizzo)

“Someone You Loved” (Lewis Capaldi)
    “Sucker” (Jonas Brothers)

“Hey Look Ma, I Made It” (Panic! At the Disco)
    “Earfquake” (Tyler, the Creator)
    “This Land” (Gary Clark Jr.)

It would really be cool to see songs like “Hope Is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have – but I Have It” by Lana, Almeda” by Solange and/or “This Life” by Vampire Weekend to make it in here, but that’s wishful thinking and the latter two really only have a shot at AOTY in the GF.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie will easily get 6-7 nominations. I expect her or Lizzo to be the leader. How many Lizzo will get is kind of unpredictable. There is no such category as Rap Duo Performance anymore.

Sorry I meant rap/Sung lol my bad

Barnacles Bro

chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

Interscope would not let that happen…

It wouldn’t be smart if they did that. Obviously “When the Party’s Over” sounds like more of a traditional Grammy record, but “Bad Guy” being far more popular outweighs that.

I feel like she’s getting in no matter what. She had a big year, so she can submit two songs to ROTY/SOTY and it won’t matter.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like she’s getting in no matter what. She had a big year, so she can submit two songs to ROTY/SOTY and it won’t matter.

Submitting isn’t just about getting the nominations. You have to play to win, too.

Even if she submits both and the committee picks “Party,” “Bad Guy” would be more competitive for the win.

Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Alternative Album is packed with former winners!

ANIMA– Thom Yorke
    Father of the Bride– Vampire Weekend
    I Am Easy to Find– The National
    I, I– Bon Iver

I think these 4 are safe bets.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

He should have been nominated, but I can see why he missed. He still got in Pop Solo, which is why I don’t think the Pop Album snub means Grammy voters don’t like him. Especially because he also got a rap field nomination.

I can see why he missed as well, but the fact that Camila and Shawn were nominated before him really doesn’t work for me. Mainly Shawn, because he didn’t even had a huge hit like Camila had. He had never been nominated before, so it was like they just thought “it was about damn time”, just like Demi being nominated for Confident years ago. When things like that happens, it’s because it’s a weak year. Being snubbed in a weak year is problematic, it was for Selena in 2017 and it is for him now, IMO.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

ANIMA– Thom Yorke
    I, I– Bon Iver

Twenty One Pilots too, if they get put here instead of rock or pop. Recent winners, one of the biggest rock albums of the year, and multiple hits at alternative radio.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Why not, they submitted Judas to ROTY and SOTY over Born This Way or The Edge of Glory. I know random example but the strategy isn’t always to just submit the biggest hit. Didn’t really work out in that case but submitting wtpio there does make a bit of sense.

As much as WTPO deserved Bad Guys success. Bad Guy is obviously the biggest song from the album. She’s a new artist representing Interscope, they’re gonna submit the biggest chance, which is Bad Guy. Maybe in her sophomore album or third (wherever Billies career goes) Interscope could submit random songs from hers like Gaga.

Anyway. Billies debut EP was released three years ago today. Let’s all stream Ocean Eyes and COPYCAT to celebrate.

y'all ugly and smelly

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Being snubbed in a weak year is problematic, it was for Selena in 2017 and it is for him now, IMO.

The difference is that Selena has never been nominated in any category, and Post has been nominated 4 times, including Record and Album of the Year. And again, he got in for Pop Solo despite missing Pop Album so I don’t think him missing the latter category (along with people like Justin Timberlake and Sam Smith) is that damning.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

ANIMA– Thom Yorke
    I, I– Bon Iver

TOP or The 1975 will fill the last spot.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Vampire Weekend wins the Grammy for Alternative Album. Their album is great.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

The difference is that Selena has never been nominated in any category, and Post has been nominated 4 times, including Record and Album of the Year. And again, he got in for Pop Solo despite missing Pop Album so I don’t think him missing the latter category (along with people like Justin Timberlake and Sam Smith) is that damning.

Pop Solo was even weaker than Pop Album… And all his 3 other noms were in categoriews reviewed by nomination committees. Well, it’s an useless discussion to have. We’ll only know for sure if he gets constantly snubbed even with big hits from now on.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

“Rockstar” would have had no problem getting in Rap/Sung without the help of a committee. It likely would have gotten in Rap Song as well.

But you’re right, although I think “Sunflower” is easily headed toward a Record of the Year nomination. The fact that it’s still floating near the top ten of the Hot 100 after almost a year is not insignificant.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 648 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.