Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 648 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • Bernardo Rojas
    Participant
    Topics:

The difference is that Selena has never been nominated in any category, and Post has been nominated 4 times, including Record and Album of the Year. And again, he got in for Pop Solo despite missing Pop Album so I don’t think him missing the latter category (along with people like Justin Timberlake and Sam Smith) is that damning.

tbh i don’t think Selena is ever getting a nomination, if she couldn’t in a very weak year, she won’t be able ever

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Lover is NOT going to snag a damn thing. It’s shaping up to be a disappointment.

Wrong!

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

tbh i don’t think Selena is ever getting a nomination, if she couldn’t in a very weak year, she won’t be able ever

She needs to submit to Dance Recording if she ever wants a nomination.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

She needs to submit to Dance Recording if she ever wants a nomination.

“It Ain’t Me” was submitted in Dance Recording and they still passed over it. It’s just not going to happen for her.

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t get me wrong, I like Lizzo and I did enjoy Cuz I Love You, but don’t you think some of the cheesier songs will hold it back from an AOTY nom/win? I’m talking mostly Exactly How I Feel, Like A Girl, Soulmate… the latter are two of my favorite tracks on the album, but it feels wrong holding them (or the album as a whole) to the same standards as past nominees/winners like Dirty Computer, Melodrama, Golden Hour (off the top of my head).

I don’t think Billie is deserving of an AOTY nom either (sue me), but I guess I subscribe to that notion more just because how big she/the album has been this year. Lizzo had a viral hit, but is she really big enough to carry a not-necessarily-groundbreaking debut album to an AOTY nom?

I understand it’s a weak year, but I feel like voters will lean more on less commercially successful choices (a la By The Way, I Forgive You) instead of viral up-and-comer’s that haven’t really established themselves yet.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t get me wrong, I like Lizzo and I did enjoy Cuz I Love You, but don’t you think some of the cheesier songs will hold it back from an AOTY nom/win? I’m talking mostly Exactly How I Feel, Like A Girl, Soulmate… the latter are two of my favorite tracks on the album, but it feels wrong holding them (or the album as a whole) to the same standards as past nominees/winners like Dirty Computer, Melodrama, Golden Hour (off the top of my head).

Not at all. You have nominees like the albums you named, and then you have nominees like Purpose, Teenage Dream, The E.N.D., etc. They like big, mainstream successes just as much as (if not more than) critically acclaimed masterpieces.

She is not winning, though.

Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

Cuz I Love You can easily miss out in AOTY, besides “Truth Hurts,” the album isn’t that big.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Cuz I Love You can easily miss out in AOTY, besides “Truth Hurts,” the album isn’t that big.

The album has been in the top 20 for all but one week (its second) since its release. That’s the kind of consistent success that often earns an album a nomination. And Lizzo has maintained a high profile all year. She’s basically a lock at this point.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah I have a felling too about Cuz I Love You not getting in AOTY. I hope im wrong though. I forgot exactly what caused the album to return to the top 10 (Either it was after Someone Great or the BET Awards??) But its stayed consistent ever since which is promising.

But, the biggest hit Truth Hurts was added because of the hype of Someone Great, it was added in a deluxe version. The second single Tempo only charted on Bubbling under and didn’t even reach the hot 100 even after the MV. This normally wouldn’t matter but for someone who now still has a viral hit that everyone loves, this doesn’t look too good to me at least.

Hopefully this is one of those album that the Grammys choose to nominate because of the ALBUM itself and not get the Purpose, Teenage Dream, and Beerbongs and Bentleys treatment. The reviews of the album look like it wont be that type of nominee so that’s good! Im still rooting her 100%

y'all ugly and smelly

WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still not buying the Billie Eilish hype, not sure I ever will. I honestly can’t see the older members of the Grammy Academy choosing to honor a 17-year old who doesn’t sing well and isn’t even known for playing an instrument. Just because she is the supposed “it-girl” (not even sure with who), doesn’t translate into Grammy recognition. I see her following a similar path as Ariana Grande did last year, where she might receive nominations but only win one award, Eilish’s being BNA. That seems to be the only appropriate place to award her if they truly want to. Hopefully the members will vote with more sense, and honor someone else with the nominations and wins. It would be so unfortunate is she were to take the place of someone like Lizzo in the top categories.

cheyenne lee
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s a powerful narrative attached to Lizzo being nominated for Album of the Year. Even if you aren’t a fan of hers, her come-up has been inspiring and is socially relevant. And anyways, she’s had one of the most consistently charting albums (and singles) of the year. She’s not a 100% lock, but she’s damn well close to it!

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I honestly can’t see the older members of the Grammy Academy choosing to honor a 17-year old who doesn’t sing well and isn’t even known for playing an instrument

You must have forgotten when Lorde won SOTY not that long ago.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

What we’re not gonna do is compare anyone to Lorde. Bad Guy is not and will never be Royals.

Anyways, Bad Guy holds at #2 for another week, and it’s now the longest running #2 since Work It by Missy Elliot. The song basically counts as a #1 hit; it might’ve not peaked there, but considering it’s stuck behind the longest running #1 ever… I think her team should release another remix. The song is fine peaking at #2, but it would be a could boost to say that it was a #1 hit.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyways, Bad Guy holds at #2 for another week, and it’s now the longest running #2 since Work It by Missy Elliot. The song basically counts as a #1 hit; it might’ve not peaked there, but considering it’s stuck behind the longest running #1 ever… I think her team should release another remix. The song is fine peaking at #2, but it would be a could boost to say that it was a #1 hit.

Doing another remix will make her look desperate and people will start clowning her. Just like people clowned LNX for his remixes.

The only way it could possibly increase in sales is discounting the single on iTunes. LNX did this too. But other than that I feel like its reached its potential streaming wise.

y'all ugly and smelly

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

It just reached #1 on Pop radio though. Another remix will just max her chances.

Desperate? Sure, but artists do that all the time.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 648 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.