Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 681 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
20 mins ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
DC95
Pauly Antonio
  • MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Vampire Weekend wins the Grammy for Alternative Album. Their album is great.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

The difference is that Selena has never been nominated in any category, and Post has been nominated 4 times, including Record and Album of the Year. And again, he got in for Pop Solo despite missing Pop Album so I don’t think him missing the latter category (along with people like Justin Timberlake and Sam Smith) is that damning.

Pop Solo was even weaker than Pop Album… And all his 3 other noms were in categoriews reviewed by nomination committees. Well, it’s an useless discussion to have. We’ll only know for sure if he gets constantly snubbed even with big hits from now on.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

“Rockstar” would have had no problem getting in Rap/Sung without the help of a committee. It likely would have gotten in Rap Song as well.

But you’re right, although I think “Sunflower” is easily headed toward a Record of the Year nomination. The fact that it’s still floating near the top ten of the Hot 100 after almost a year is not insignificant.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Alternative Album is packed with former winners! ANIMA– Thom Yorke Father of the Bride– Vampire Weekend I Am Easy to Find– The National I, I– Bon Iver I think these 4 are safe bets.

Even though these are by old winners, I don’t think all of them will get into best Alternative Album, the least likely is shockingly Thom Yorke because his album is too electronic, but I do see the National getting in again, especially his 2017 win against Father John Misty, LCD Soundsystem, Gorillaz and Arcade Fire.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

“Rockstar” would have had no problem getting in Rap/Sung without the help of a committee.

Maybe. He was snubbed for his album and singles before when there was no Rap comittee, he could’ve been again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Would Titanic Rising by Weyes Blood have a place in ALT. Album too?

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe. He was snubbed for his album and singles before when there was no Rap comittee, he could’ve been again.

“White Iverson” was the only thing voters passed over pre-committee, which is pretty understandable. It was a silly SoundCloud song that few took seriously.

His rap submissions for the 2018 Grammys were “Patient” (a non-hit album track) in Rap Performance, and “Congratulations” in Rap/Sung and Rap Song. There was a committee that year.

And Stoney competed in Urban Contemporary Album, so again, that was at the mercy of the R&B committee.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Lewis Capaldi
    Tyler Childers
    Billie Eilish
    Lizzo
    Megan Thee Stallion
    Maggie Rogers
    Rosalía
    Yola

I’m thinking this could be the BNA lineup, but it’s heavily dependent on whether Tyler Childers, Lizzo, and Rosalía are eligible. It’s questionable whether or not Childers and Lizzo have released too much material, and if Rosalía’s Latin Grammy wins preclude her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Would Titanic Rising by Weyes Blood have a place in ALT. Album too?

In my list it does. This is the most critically acclaimed album this year and normally those said critically acclaimed albums at least get some nominations. She deserves to win than Vampire Weekend imo.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

What is Billie’s label doing? Bad Guy is very close to being #1. Peaking around this time could really help her Grammy wise. They should push for a radio deal or something.

Also “Boyfriend” won’t even debut in the top 5. Ariana shouldn’t have released this after TUN’s success, because now it’s starting to look like she’s past her peak era and may start to flop.

In all fairness with Taylor Swift, even with her bad singles she at least debuted at #2.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

In all fairness with Taylor Swift, even with her bad singles she at least debuted at #2.

Lead/2nd single vs random droplet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

What is Billie’s label doing? Bad Guy is very close to being #1. Peaking around this time could really help her Grammy wise. They should push for a radio deal or something. .

Again, what station are you listening to because I’m hearing Bad Guy constantly too lol. I hear it on Pop radio AND alternative radio.

But, from what I see she’s moving on to other singles. She’s doing/already did  a music video for All The Good Girls…. and she hinted something on her IG story she’s doing something with Xanny.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Lead/2nd single vs random droplet.

It doesn’t matter. Both songs are new. Your argument would make sense if “Boyfriend” was a single released from an already available album. But it isn’t. This is new material, that was released as a proper single with an actual music video on same day. I’m sure it’s not just a random song dropped. It was released in the exact same fashion as Senorita and it’s being pushed on the radio. Definitely not a “random droplet”.

Even when TUN was released it wasn’t accompanied by a music video, nor was it announced as lead of an upcoming album. So your argument is moot.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Again, what station are you listening to because I’m hearing Bad Guy constantly too lol. I hear it on Pop radio AND alternative radio. But, from what I see she’s moving on to other singles. She’s doing/already did a music video for All The Good Girls…. and she hinted something on her IG story she’s doing something with Xanny.

Well she’s only 40 points away from #1. I don’t listen to radio lol. I only see Bad Guy as #3 on radio. But they should make a deal to push it further. Increased airplay could propel it to finally be a #1 hit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Well she’s only 40 points away from #1. I don’t listen to radio lol. I only see Bad Guy as #3 on radio. But they should make a deal to push it further. Increased airplay could propel it to finally be a #1 hit.

What else could they do?? Its already reached its full potential promotion wise I feel like. Its still being streamed a lot and OTR’s hype is dying while BG is still consistent.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 681 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.