Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 648 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

‘Bad Guy’ is about to peak on radio and has peaked in sales/streams so there is no point in trying to push it to #1 now.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo isn’t getting into Album of the Year. At best she gets ROTY and BNA nominations.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie reminded me a lot of Avril from the start and now she even recently credited Avril as a big influence on Instagram. Both young, no sexualized pop fantasy look, outsider image, really big debut era, … Avril lost everything to Norah Jones but she did get a lot of nominations.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie reminded me a lot of Avril from the start and now she even recently credited Avril as a big influence on Instagram. Both young, no sexualized pop fantasy look, outsider image, really big debut era, … Avril lost everything to Norah Jones but she did get a lot of nominations.

Well there’s no Norah Jones type of situation this year so she may benefit from that.

I think Best New Artist and POP Album are the only categories where she’s a “front runner” though. Everything else she ranges from highly favored (AOTY) to potentially miss out (SOTY).

BNA
    POP VOCAL ALBUM
    ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    MUSIC VIDEO
    POP SOLO
    SONG OF THE YEAR

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo has a lot of crossover appeal and is incredibly likeable, sort of like Cardi last year. I’d be flabbergasted if she doesn’t make it into AOTY.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

What we’re not gonna do is compare anyone to Lorde. Bad Guy is not and will never be Royals.

Royals isn’t even that great of a song but go off. I was just bringing it up because the Grammys clearly don’t have a problem awarding teenagers who don’t have the voice of Whitney Houston.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Royals isn’t even that great of a song but go off. I was just bringing it up because the Grammys clearly don’t have a problem awarding teenagers who don’t have the voice of Whitney Houston.

Royals is definitely up there with the most iconic pop songs of the 2010. I love Billie and her album jut let’s not compare her (or anyone) to one of the best songwriters of the generation.

I agree that the Grammy’s don’t care about age. Billie’s way too mature anyways, most of them might not even know she’s 17.

WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

Royals may not be that great of a song, but it is still LEAGUES above bad guy. I have nothing against people who like Billie Eilish (we all have different tastes), but to consider her Grammy-worthy, that’s where I have issue and do not see the appeal.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo’s in a new movie with Jennifer Lopez and Cardi B. She is definitely keeping a high profile.

aQuan
    Participant
    Topics:

No Royals slander allowed. Stop being tasteless.

Billie may win… but it’s not because she’s uber-talented or anything. It’s moreso there hasn’t been many projects that are both high selling AND acclaimed this year.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I never liked Royals, IMO it’s completely bland. But, the lyrics and the thematic of the song are very good.

That doesn’t apply to bad guy. Bad Guy is even more bland sonically(just like everything else by Billie Eyelash) and the lyrics are shallow.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  MarinaBelo2.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  MarinaBelo2.
    CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

Lorde>Billie

Lorde is by miles more interesting and talented than Billie and I quite like Billie.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still not buying the Billie Eilish hype, not sure I ever will. I honestly can’t see the older members of the Grammy Academy choosing to honor a 17-year old who doesn’t sing well and isn’t even known for playing an instrument. Just because she is the supposed “it-girl” (not even sure with who), doesn’t translate into Grammy recognition.

The entertainment industry is in love with this artist and yes, because of her “it-girl” status, she is extremely likely to be nominated for all the top awards and has a fair chance at winning a couple.

You can choose to ignore the hype if you want to, but with big name industry artists like Paul McCartney, Thom Yorke and Dave Grohl as her fans, its safe to say that the “older” voters aren’t going to have a problem honoring this 17-year old girl.

Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

The only category I feel like Billie is an absolute lock to win is BNA, and even then, Lizzo could surprise with her immense cross genre appeal.

Oscars FYC.

Parasite — Best Picture, Original Screenplay, Film Editing
    Bong Joon Ho — Best Director
    Florence Pugh — Best Supporting Actress
    Charlize Theron — Best Actress
    Avengers Endgame — Visual Effects
    JoJo Rabbit — Adapted Screenplay

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 648 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.