Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 648 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

My Current Lineup:

Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go
    Bon Iver – I, I
    Ariana Grande – thank u, next
    Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born
    PJ Morton – PAUL
    Beyonce – Homecoming: The Live Album
    Vampire Weekend – Father of the Bride
    Anderson .Paak – Ventura

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not convinced on Maren Morris because for the last 20 years, they have only nominated country albums that were either blockbuster successes or critically acclaimed, neither of which GIRL is. The lone exception was Taking the Long Way, which was still among the top 20 selling albums of that year and was nominated / won for obvious political reasons.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Without Me feels like another Girls Like You. It’s propped by radio

Both songs were huge sales and streaming hits, so I’m not sure what your point is here. Most hit songs get played on the radio.

If anything is going to be the “‘Girls Like You’ of this year,” it’s probably going to be “Sucker.”

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

After Nightmare’s flop it seems that any buzz about Halsey has died

I have to agree. She needed to follow up “Without Me” with a successful single or album, but didn’t. Given her Grammy past, I feel like it will be more of a surprise if somehow “without me” gets a nomination rather than a snub if it doesn’t.

Starting to think she may have a better shot at getting a nom with BTS for “Boy With Luv” …but idk if Grammys will go for that one-week hit.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Without Me will show up in Pop Solo. I dont see it winning ROTY and/or SOTY even if it was a contender. By the time the Grammys come around the song will feel old and she doesn’t have a big album/era to piggyback off (a la Ariana w/ thank u, next).

She deserves a SOTY nod since it was one of the biggest songs of the year.. but no one really is invested in Halsey that much to care.

crobaticaa
    Participant
    Topics:

what are your predictions for best pop duo/ group?

do you think Señorita has a chance?

And what about Ed Sheran and Bieber, also curios about Normani and Sam smith…I would guess they can be nominated

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  crobaticaa.
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Both songs were huge sales and streaming hits, so I’m not sure what your point is here. Most hit songs get played on the radio.

If anything is going to be the “‘Girls Like You’ of this year,” it’s probably going to be “Sucker.”

They were overplayed by radio, which is the reason they lasted so long in the top 10. Without Me isn’t even that strong streaming-wise.

I think it’ll miss though mostly because Halsey’s just…not interesting. Like they’ve shown that they don’t care about her, and she has no succesful follow-up or an album. Bigger hits have missed.

GTFO
    Participant
    Topics:

Sam Smith will get 0 nominations this year. Mark my words! He needs “A Star Is Born” moment if he wants to save his career.

crobaticaa
    Participant
    Topics:

Starting to think she may have a better shot at getting a nom with BTS for “Boy With Luv” …but idk if Grammys will go for that one-week hit.

if Halsey and BTS get a nomnation for that irrelevant song then nothing will make sense

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I can see ‘Western Stars’ by Bruce Springsteen being nominated and possibly winning. They may want a veteran to win considering how weak this year has been.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think Sucker is winning Pop Duo. It stayed in the top 10 for 22 weeks, it uses real instruments (which seems to be a trait most if not all of the winners share), it was a big radio hit, and they’ve been nominated before and had a succesful year. Plus they’ve had another Pop radio hit and will get another one with Only Human.

If it’s not them, then Panic! could win. Many could argue they’re overdue, and Hey Look Ma is a big hit (also, they could award them based on residual love from High Hopes). Pop rock radio hits also tend to do well here.

Sam and Normani have lost hype and I don’t think they’ll reward Normani if they passed on Havana. That Ed + Justin collab could get snubbed given the poor reception.

I don’t see Gaga sweeping the pop field yet again, though it could happen.

Sunflower and Old Town Road will be the biggest hits in contention, but rappers have a poor history on the Pop field. Also OTR might be too memey

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

People call Halsey a hitmaker, but is she really?

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

People call Halsey a hitmaker, but is she really?

She’s a weird case. She has 2 songs on the All Time Hot 100 chart, yet she has like 2 other “hits” (if you call Now or Never a hit).

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s a weird case. She has 2 songs on the All Time Hot 100 chart, yet she has like 2 other “hits” (if you call Now or Never a hit).

I think if you consider Now or Never a hit, you have to consider Nightmare a hit as well.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if Lauren Daigle could sneak into Pop Solo. She released a Piano Version of You Say some months ago, just won 2 Grammy’s, and that song is certified 2x Platinum – which is a lot considering the majority of those units are pure. The song is still selling tremendously well and actually did pretty well on Pop radio despite being very openly a Christian song. We saw last year that pop voters are either aging or just don’t like newer pop acts, nominating songs like Don’t Go Breaking My Heart, Colors, S Wonderful, Joanne, and Fall in Line over bigger hits by poppier artists, so they might chose a more “serious” song/ballad over some poppier sounds.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 648 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.