Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 631 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
replies
views
users
Boz
DC95
Pauly Antonio
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

Without Me feels like another Girls Like You. It’s propped by radio, and Halsey has a pretty weak track record (say what you want, she should’ve been a BNA nominee and a Pop Solo nominee last year in terms of commercial success). I only see her in Pop Solo and maybe SOTY, though that sample could hold it back.

Are you aware that Ariana and Lorde to name a few were not nominated in BNA?

It’s not telling of anything. And no I don’t think “Bad At Love” should’ve been in Pop Solo. That song failed to make any impact whatsoever and is an awful song.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

They were overplayed by radio, which is the reason they lasted so long in the top 10. Without Me isn’t even that strong streaming-wise.

“Without Me” has 762 million Spotify streams compared to 817-863 million for the Ariana hits, so…

It’s not exactly a YouTube juggernaut, but neither is “Thank U, Next.”

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Are you aware that Ariana and Lorde to name a few were not nominated in BNA?

To be fair, Ariana would probably have been nominated for BNA in 2015 had she not been deemed ineligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

“Lovely” would also be a big threat in Pop Duo/Group Performance. It is technically eligible, but I’m not sure if it will be submitted. The big thing hurting it, though, is that it didn’t get any substantial airplay. But Billie and Khalid have both had huge years, it’s a total Grammy bait ballad, and the numbers on that song are massive.

ReplyCopy URL
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

Dancing With A Stranger is predicted to be in the TOP20 of YEC and will probably chart higher than TUN. So yeah let’s stop with the double standard here.

The same predictions that you guys have been stating suggest that Bad Guy will be a number one song? How about you not base things on extremely inaccurate fanboy predictions?

ReplyCopy URL
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

Then she only has 1 other hit.

Bad at Love is a top ten song. The one hit wonder with no other songs on the rise is Billie Eilish.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

The same predictions that you guys have been stating suggest that Bad Guy will be a number one song? How about you not base things on extremely inaccurate fanboy predictions?

Girl please. There’s no doubt that Without Me will chart much higher than TUN in the YEC. That’s already established. TUN left the charts already months ago.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Are you aware that Ariana and Lorde to name a few were not nominated in BNA? It’s not telling of anything. And no I don’t think “Bad At Love” should’ve been in Pop Solo. That song failed to make any impact whatsoever and is an awful song.

It’s telling because she was never nominated for her solo work even when she could/should. Ariana wasn’t nominated in 2014 but she was twice in 2015, and Lorde WON 2 Grammys on the year she was supposed to have a BNA nom(2014). It’s not the same situation.

And Bad At Love is not awful, WTF? It’s a BOP and miles better than the trash Taylor, Ariana and Billie have been puttin’ out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

And Bad At Love is not awful, WTF? It’s a BOP and miles better than the trash Taylor, Ariana and Billie have been puttin’ out.

how does it feel being the ONLY person to think this?

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

how does it feel being the ONLY person to think this?

Nice! People in here love Billie Eilish, so I’m happy that I have a different opinion than you guys, with all due respect.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey y’all care about chart positions when Childish Gambino won both ROTY AND SOTY when he was #51 on the year end lists. Get off that and stop being a hater.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey y’all care about chart positions when Childish Gambino won both ROTY AND SOTY when he was #51 on the year end lists. Get off that and stop being a hater.

What exactly will they nominate TUN for if not chart success?

Let’s be real. Grammy nominees are usually a combination of minor hits or non-hits that the committee like, big hits that the committee also like and other songs that have compelling success that the committee is usually reluctant to ignore.

We know that committee isn’t particularly fond of Ariana. So if she shows up this year it’s mainly thanks to commercial success.

TUN is neither a lyrical masterpiece nor a production masterpiece. The song did very well upon release and then got kinda forgotten. All I was saying is, I won’t be surprised if “Without Me” shows up in SoTY and TUN doesn’t for example, because the former at least has good lyrics, and more longevity/chart success than TUN.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 12 hours ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 12 hours ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

What exactly will they nominate TUN for if not chart success? Let’s be real. Grammy nominees are usually a combination of minor hits or non-hits that the committee like, big hits that the committee also like and other songs that have compelling success that the committee is usually reluctant to ignore. We know that committee isn’t particularly fond of Ariana. So if she shows up this year it’s mainly thanks to commercial success. TUN is neither a lyrical masterpiece nor a production masterpiece. The song did very well upon release and then got kinda forgotten. All I was saying is, I won’t be surprised if “Without Me” shows up in SoTY and TUN doesn’t for example, because the former at least has good lyrics, and more longevity/chart success than TUN.

Honey you have lost all talking points for that. Ariana Grande is not forgotten about at all. Just because she is not charting is no reason she’s is not getting nominated. No one cares whether or not she even has longevity. And every was quoting that song, yet you still keep dismissing it. Without Me is forgotten about, whether I want it in SOTY or not. Thank U, Next is still a great song and is probably one of her best, aside for God is a Woman. M, please don’t respond your shit is getting old. Using other acts to spite her chances is annoying.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

“Thank U, Next” could definitely miss in SOTY, especially if it’s entered in ROTY as well, but so could “Without Me”. We’ll see what happens. Ariana is probably the safer bet for a nomination if it comes down to the two of them considering she’s had a good year overall and that gives her a good shot of getting GF noms across the board.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Without Me is forgotten about, whether I want it in SOTY or not.

This is an opinionated statement not a factual statement.

“Without Me” is at #24 and is projected to be in the TOP5 of YEC. “TUN” left the charts months ago. Without Me is being sold, played on the radio and streamed more than TUN right now. So your “forgotten” argument is invalid.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 631 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.