Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 679 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 hours ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
DC95
Pauly Antonio
  • Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

This is an opinionated statement not a factual statement. “Without Me” is at #24 and is projected to be in the TOP5 of YEC. “TUN” left the charts months ago. Without Me is being sold, played on the radio and streamed more than TUN right now. So your “forgotten” argument is invalid.

Just because something is still charting doesn’t mean it has a better chance than anybody else. There weren’t many songs that made the top 10 last year of the Year End Lists that many of us thought we’re  going to make the top 10 list here, yet they missed out. Regardless, Ariana Grande just needs a moment. No voter is genuine skimming through Billboard seeing who is #8 on the charts, they just care what wasn’t big on the charts during eligibility period. And Thank U, Next and Without Me are. The only real case for longevity you bring up is Old Town Road breaking the Billboard record, but are voters gonna vote just based on that or are we goin to want see win. Halsey has only 2 nominations for things that are really about her, so expecting her to get noms from someone who is having the biggest moment of her career and better quality than Halsey makes total sense.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Halsey will be a non-factor as usual. Don’t see her getting in. But even if she’s lucky enough to make it, her chances at winning are zero.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I can see ‘Western Stars’ by Bruce Springsteen being nominated and possibly winning. They may want a veteran to win considering how weak this year has been.

I doubt it. They haven’t nominated an act who debuted prior to the ’90s since 2009. It seems like the Grammys have moved on from giving out AOTY as a lifetime achievement award.

This year really isn’t that weak. Billie, Gaga, Gary Clark Jr., and Vampire Weekend would all be competitive for the win if nominated, and none of those would be an embarrassing winner 20 years from now.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Dancing With A Stranger is predicted to be in the TOP20 of YEC and will probably chart higher than TUN. So yeah let’s stop with the double standard here.

not to mention the song is certified 2xPlatinum…. I think Pop Duo is on lock but unfortunately no win

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Tasiandee
    Participant
    Topics:

NEW Taylor Swift and Normani tonight.. Just in time to qualify for 2020

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

In case Daniel or anyone else from the site sees this, these are some notable albums missing from the prediction center:

Bad Bunny – X 100PRE
    Chris Brown – Indigo
    Tyler Childers – Country Squire
    DaBaby – Baby On Baby
    Dreamville & J. Cole – Revenge of the Dreamers III
    Tori Kelly – Inspired by True Events
    Megan Thee Stallion – Fever
    Midland – Let It Roll
    Tool – Fear Inoculum

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

‘Motivation’ is garbage. Poor Normani has been handed Ariana’s scraps.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess Billie and her team found out about Bad Guy being real close to #1 because they’ve been promoting it like CRAZY all of a sudden…

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess Billie and her team found out about Bad Guy being real close to #1 because they’ve been promoting it like CRAZY all of a sudden…

Yeah, they have. The vertical video was just uploaded to her YouTube channel. Her people REALLY want Bad Guy to be a #1, and it very well could get there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, they have. The vertical video was just uploaded to her YouTube channel. Her people REALLY want Bad Guy to be a #1, and it very well could get there.

AND she just announced a vinyl/cassette single bundle on her merch site..

okay maybe I lied, sis wants this #1!!

our ROTY winner is here ladies.

**edit:
    both the cassette / Vinyl sold out already :))))

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

AND she just announced a vinyl/cassette single bundle on her merch site.. okay maybe I lied, sis wants this #1!! our ROTY winner is here ladies.

I don’t know if Bad Guy is a ROTY frontrunner yet, but reaching #1 definitely won’t hurt its case.

ReplyCopy URL
    Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Lady Gaga/A Star Is Born would be a very embarrassing AOTY winner 20 years from now. There is nothing great about that album.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Lady Gaga/A Star Is Born would be a very embarrassing AOTY winner 20 years from now. There is nothing great about that album.

Gaga could release the best album of the century and you’d still trash it anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

‘Motivation’ is garbage. Poor Normani has been handed Ariana’s scraps.

yes, it’s catchy but very generic & a bit underwhelming.. I don’t see this popping off

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I swear I can hear Ariana singing in the back

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 679 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.