Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 648 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

Lover is sweet, but in no way matches the quality of tracks she used to put out. And there’s no way it’s getting sent or nominated in Country categories. That’s hilarious.

Normani’s Motivation isn’t going to get anything but the release thus far is confirming me that she’s going to become huge. She’s definitely our next breakout pop star, she ticks off every box you need.

Miley’s Slide Away is STUNNING. The timing of release is interesting and could be considered PR, but my god. I hope they push it to the fullest, it might be one of her best of all time. It’s just beautiful.

Nah, Lover song will be submitted and nominate in Country categories. This song sound more country, not pop.

Elusive Chanteuse
    Participant
    Topics:

Nah, Lover song will be submitted and nominate in Country categories. This song sound more country, not pop.

First of all, Taylor is a pop star. She has not returned to Country yet so that alone already put her in odds. And second, this is a pop song with Country influences not the other way around. Lover will NOT be nominated in any of Country categories.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think country voters care that much. They snubbed Babe last year despite being written and sung by her.

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I haven’t even heard “Lover” yet and I already hate it.

Is this sending anybody else? Y’all really care more for William Eilish than Taylor at this point skskskks hit me up in a year or two and we’ll check in on her career.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Is this sending anybody else? Y’all really care more for William Eilish than Taylor at this point skskskks hit me up in a year or two and we’ll check in on her career.

teehee cry about it.

y'all ugly and smelly

na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

Motivation is the best release today. Normani is clearly here to stay. It’s a good song but the music video is phenomenal. I don’t know if it’ll get nominated considering newcomers don’t usually get pop solo nominations. I heard a rumor that she’s now Eligible for best new artist, idk how true it is because I saw an article last year stating she was ineligible since she was in 5H. But the Grammys have been bending rules like allowing truth hurts eligibility. So if she’s eligible she’s a huge threat in that category but I think this will just further engrave on dancing with a stranger’s grammy chances in pop duo.

chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I crazy for thinking Motivation could get nominated in best music video…? It’s Dave Meyers and a nostalgia bomb done right.

Dan
    Participant
    Topics:

charlie puth is putting out 3 new songs. the first one will be released next week

WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Puth has a Songland episode this season, so I’m guessing his episode is next week.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Motivation is the best release today. Normani is clearly here to stay. It’s a good song but the music video is phenomenal. I don’t know if it’ll get nominated considering newcomers don’t usually get pop solo nominations. I heard a rumor that she’s now Eligible for best new artist, idk how true it is because I saw an article last year stating she was ineligible since she was in 5H. But the Grammys have been bending rules like allowing truth hurts eligibility. So if she’s eligible she’s a huge threat in that category but I think this will just further engrave on dancing with a stranger’s grammy chances in pop duo.

Well, to be clear, HDD reported last year that she was not eligible due to having less than 5 tracks out. That said, she probably isn’t due to 5H as well.

na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, to be clear, HDD reported last year that she was not eligible due to having less than 5 tracks out. That said, she probably isn’t due to 5H as well.

Well this would mark her fifth solo track. So the committee will probably evaluate her like they did with Camila. And if they do I think they should allow her eligibility considering her and Camila had two completely different career trajectories. Camila had Solo songs out for years before she left 5H and was their lead singer. Along with having a released album, when she submitted herself for BNA. Normani is just coming to notability, most people are just learning she was in 5H and she just makes the cut for eligibility with 5 solo tracks. But I can see the committee deeming her ineligible to avoid backlash from Camila supporters.

ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

Normani won’t be eligible, this conversation happens whenever a group member goes solo with the same results, ineligible. The song itself… it’s fun, it’s poppy. It could catch on the radio, but it’s fairly generic and feels a lot like Check On It by Beyoncé. The video is incredible though, nostalgia and an homage to an era gone right.

Sleater-Kinney’s new album isn’t their best reviewed, but I think it’s great! It’s definitely the most accessible album by them and could easily make a great Alternative Album nominee. As expected when Sleater-Kinney joined to produce, it sounds VERY Annie Clark which is not a bad thing. It’s St. Vincent through her. They don’t lose what makes them them, but it’s more fun than their last albums.

Taylor’s song is very very sweet and the best of the four so far. I don’t see it being a huge hit, but it’s where she should be going.

Miley’s song is kind of meh and seems like a ploy to have her fans bash her ex. It’s no Wrecking Ball. Mother’s Daughter is a better lead single.

Jorja Smith’s song is so good, but won’t get any traction.

That Diplo / Morgan Wallen song should do well with the bros.

And Young Thug could squeeze in with his new album to Rap Album. There’s also a Swae Lee track with Drake that’s fun and could get some play.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Slide away : great moment

Lover : good

Motivation : just OK

Joker Deserves Everything.

Joaquin Phoenix is the Man

Cynthia Erivo should win best actress

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Well this would mark her fifth solo track. So the committee will probably evaluate her like they did with Camila. And if they do I think they should allow her eligibility considering her and Camila had two completely different career trajectories. Camila had Solo songs out for years before she left 5H and was their lead singer. Along with having a released album, when she submitted herself for BNA. Normani is just coming to notability, most people are just learning she was in 5H and she just makes the cut for eligibility with 5 solo tracks. But I can see the committee deeming her ineligible to avoid backlash from Camila supporters.

All of the 1D members were ineligible as well and none of them released solo material during their time in the group. Normani won’t be allowed in

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

“Honeys”, Taylor is dead. Everything released so far SUCKS even harder than Reputation.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 648 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.