Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 648 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

Its the best selling album this year so there’s that.

There’s no way TUN will top YEC.

Billie’s album probably outsold TUN by now and if it hasn’t it certainly will in a few weeks. I mean TUN and WWAFAWDWG were released only one month apart. The latter is currently at #3 and the former is at #22. Its only threat is Lover and I don’t think Lover will reach very high numbers.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Matter of fact, after checking current estimates, I’m right:

http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thread/183361/2019-ytd-album-sales-asib?page=3

Billie is indeed predicted to reach #1 on YEC within few weeks, before the first round even takes place.

“TUN being the biggest pop era this year” is technically outdated information. It no longer is.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I do think when it comes to the pop genre, Billie and Ariana will go head to head. Bad Guy is going to do much more superior than Thank U, Next (Song) like I’ve said before but I don’t think Billies album will. Thank U, Next (Album) received a huge critical acclaim when it was released. Its the best selling album this year so there’s that. It’s got the critical and commercial support behind it. I do think Ariana has a better chance of winning for her album then Billie does with hers. Just because of that.

Both of their albums had the same amount of acclaim. Using the Metascores isn’t a receipt because TUN had more critic reviewers, but still aren’t far off from each other. Both have universal acclaim ratings none the less. Commercial wise, Billie already outsold TUN WW and eventually can outsell her in the US. Billie defiantly at this point is at a higher level than TUN. I think she’s now a bigger frontrunner for both Pop genres than we all anticipated.

y'all ugly and smelly

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

I know all I do here is post about how I’m not confident that Billie is sweeping nominations but here’s another one. I’m not confident that Billie is sweeping nominations.

Her album was really nothing special, looking at just the music. It seems that the reason everyone is so sure it’s getting into the Big 3 categories is the numbers, but reputation was the best selling album of 2018 and Delicate was the highlight, neither of which made it into the Big 3 (in a weaker year).

It’s all about what the voters buy into, and I’m just not so convinced they’re gonna buy into Billie until she proves that she resonates with more than a teenage crowd. I know I’m gonna look like a clown when nominations are announced and she does, in fact, sweep, but I’m a Taylor stan so I’m used to looking like a clown.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m confident with Bad Guy doing well, not the album. I’ve seen this happen before with several “pop” albums and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened to When We All
    Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Marlon Gonz.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Marlon Gonz.
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m confident with Bad Guy doing well, not the album. I’ve seen this happen before with several pop albums and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened to When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go.

but….the album is doing well, very well……

y'all ugly and smelly

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

It seems that the reason everyone is so sure it’s getting into the Big 3 categories is the numbers, but reputation was the best selling album of 2018 and Delicate was the highlight, neither of which made it into the Big 3 (in a weaker year).  

I just saw this an hour later and spit out my drink.

The different between WWAFA and Rep discussing numbers is that Billie has numbers AND the critical acclaim. Rep only had the numbers and got middling reviews.

“It’s all about what the voters buy into, and I’m just not so convinced they’re gonna buy into Billie until she proves that she resonates with more than a teenage crowd. “

Billie is exactly the kind of act the Grammys love. yes she has a teenage audience but at the same time not really. A lot of grown adults love Billie.

Elton John called her for his radio show.

Jared Leto let her perform on stage with him.

ALICIA KEYS DID A COVER OF OCEAN EYES and shouted her out while accepting an award

Julia Roberts is probably her biggest fan

Mel C (Sporty Spice) went to her show, Katy Perry went backstage at Coachella to meet Billie, Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day) went to her show, Avril Lavigne (her idol) went to her show, Bruno Mars complimented her Coachella performance. Thom Yorke went to her show and complimented her.

Dave Ghrol literally said that Rock and Roll isnt dead because of her.

Just because she’s a teenager with a teenage fanbase doesn’t minimize her chances at all getting all GF nods. She’s has gained tons of respect from musical veterans and that should be enough for the Grammys.

y'all ugly and smelly

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m confident with Bad Guy doing well, not the album. I’ve seen this happen before with several “pop” albums and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened to When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go.

The album will top this year’s YEC. How can you still say it’s not doing well lol?

Kaisuan
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe Cardi will nominated for Atleast 4 Grammy awards

Money Best music video, Rap performance

Press Rap song

Please me Rap sung performances

6 GOD
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe Cardi will nominated for Atleast 4 Grammy awards Money Best music video, Rap performance Press Rap song Please me Rap sung performances

None of these are happening. Her best chance is “Clout” in Rap Performance, which I’m currently predicting.

Kaisuan
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo will get 7 Grammy nominations only because she may not be included in the Best new artist only because of the music and I do believe there will put Lizzo in the Urban contemporary opposed  of Rap Album

Cuz I Love You Best Urban Contemporary, Album of the year

Truth hurts Record of the year, song of the year, Rap sung performance

Tempo Rap song and Rap performance

Kaisuan
    Participant
    Topics:

Money will more than likely be nominated best she just preform that song this year. Plus being that she already won a Grammy she will be nominated again. Not to mention Please me went to number 3. money went to number 11 and pressed went to 16 it is a good chance she will be nominated. I also wouldn’t be suprise if they separate the categories again there a lot of female rapper🤔🤔.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I know all I do here is post about how I’m not confident that Billie is sweeping nominations but here’s another one. I’m not confident that Billie is sweeping nominations. Her album was really nothing special, looking at just the music. It seems that the reason everyone is so sure it’s getting into the Big 3 categories is the numbers, but reputation was the best selling album of 2018 and Delicate was the highlight, neither of which made it into the Big 3 (in a weaker year). It’s all about what the voters buy into, and I’m just not so convinced they’re gonna buy into Billie until she proves that she resonates with more than a teenage crowd. I know I’m gonna look like a clown when nominations are announced and she does, in fact, sweep, but I’m a Taylor stan so I’m used to looking like a clown.

I’m not convinced that Billie will sweep either, and it’s not because I think her music is trash, but because it’s not the type of, *cough*, “music” Grammys tend to like. Her image doesn’t help, it’s too OTT for the conservative Grammy voters. I’ll believe she “sweeps” when I see it. She will win BNA because it’s a given, there’s no other option(Lizzo is “urban”, and historically urban acts always lose this category,  Chance the Rapper is an exception). Everything else is debatable. Pop Vocal Album she’s most likely winning, again, for lack of competition. Ariana just won the category, Taylor’s fatigue is real, Ed Sheeran won’t win for this, and with the exception of Billie, Ariana and Taylor(thanks to timing and sales), no one is a lock for a nomination. The last two(or 3) spots are up for grabs, whoever gets them won’t win, just like Taylor.  But this year is SO weak that I wouldn’t be surprised if she wins everything although I’m 100% sure that in any other year, she wouldn’t. She’s lucky that there’s not a safe, baity ballad in ROTY/SOTY and Pop Solo, because if there was/is one, no way they would vote for Bad Guy instead.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not convinced that Billie will sweep either, and it’s not because I think her music is trash, but because it’s not the type of, *cough*, “music” Grammys tend to like. Her image doesn’t help, it’s too OTT for the conservative Grammy voters. I’ll believe she “sweeps” when I see it. She will win BNA because it’s a given, there’s no other option(Lizzo is “urban”, and historically urban acts always lose this category, Chance the Rapper is an exception). Everything else is debatable. Pop Vocal Album she’s most likely winning, again, for lack of competition. Ariana just won the category, Taylor’s fatigue is real, Ed Sheeran won’t win for this, and with the exception of Billie, Ariana and Taylor(thanks to timing and sales), no one is a lock for a nomination. The last two(or 3) spots are up for grabs, whoever gets them won’t win, just like Taylor. But this year is SO weak that I wouldn’t be surprised if she wins everything although I’m 100% sure that in any other year, she wouldn’t. She’s lucky that there’s not a safe, baity ballad in ROTY/SOTY and Pop Solo, because if there was/is one, no way they would vote for Bad Guy instead.

damn the thought of Billie winning over Ariana really makes you seethe huh??

y'all ugly and smelly

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

POP SOLO:

Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next or 7 Rings
    Billie Eilish – bad guy
    Halsey – Without Me (yes, she’ll get nominated for her #1 song whether you guys like it or not…)
    4th spot = filler
    5th spot = filler

I’m not predicting Lady Gaga for a nomination because I think Grammy voters tend to not over-nominate someone when that person won multiple awards on the previous edition. There’s no committee reviewing the Pop nominations, but somehow “Perfect” and “Melodrama”(both frontrunners) were snubbed. The same fishy, shady situation can happen again, this time to Gaga’s submissions. P!nk was snubbed this year but her album was old this time, maybe with a more recent album, she could get a Pop Solo nom just like she did with What About Us 2 years ago. I’m not predicting Lewis Capaldi because clearly Pop Voters don’t like to vote for newbies, unless they got #1/#2 hits.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 648 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.