Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 687 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

sexy? she still looks like a high schooler

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s with all the hate lol! Anyways I’m just truly happy with any of Ari, Lil Nas or Billie taking home any award in the gf.

Barnacles Bro

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana does the whole sexy young popgirl act flawlessly. And I do like that act. But she’s not really pushing the culture into any other direction than what it was already heading. She looks like a skinny Kylie Jenner and she serves a sweet cotton candy fantasy. A young gay black rapper reaching stardom with the help of memes and an internet presence. Or a 16 year old girl refusing to be sexualised by always wearing baggy clothes and not singing about the typical love stories you might expect a 16 year old to care about. It makes the pop world a lot more interesting imo. Or maybe I’m just a sucker for the weirdo/outcast prevailing in the end storyline. I just hope the Grammy voters like the storyline too. this is a joke? this is the biggest clueless shit I’ve ever read here

but not wrong though. 2000s kids have a ridiculously awful reputation right now for being “too grown, too fast”. Remember when a picture of her in a tank top got posted online and all the pedos got a hold of it. 16 year olds these days are…. you know. See Bhad Bhabie, Danielle Cohn, Malu. She’s not pushing sex or love in her music and actually using her big platform for good. There’s probably 0 love songs on Billies album, instead there’s a song discussing teen drug use, desperation, suicide, loneliness. The only lovey dovey song on the album is probably “8”.

y'all ugly and smelly

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

but not wrong though. 2000s kids have a ridiculously awful reputation right now for being “too grown, too fast”. Remember when a picture of her in a tank top got posted online and all the pedos got a hold of it. 16 year olds these days are…. you know. See Bhad Bhabie, Danielle Cohn, Malu. She’s not pushing sex or love in her music and actually using her big platform for good. There’s probably 0 love songs on Billies album, instead there’s a song discussing teen drug use, desperation, suicide, loneliness. The only lovey dovey song on the album is probably “8”.

Yes thank you, this is part of what I mean! Ariana is respectful and a good rolemodel, a lot better than the ones you listed, but she will still spike insecurity among her fanbase. Because she transformed herself into this ideal image no average teenager can achieve without lots of money. I do think we really lacked someone like Billie and I’m really happy she’s seeing this success now. And it’s not about just looks, but the whole narrative extends itself to the type of work they put out.

Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

Christ y’all suck. No wonder all the good posters have left.

Besides Ariana and Billie, who’s getting into AOTY?

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo for sure, and most likely Tyler the Creator as he’s the strongest hip-hop candidate.

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Christ y’all suck. No wonder all the good posters have left.

Just a few contenders I can think of:
    1)Father of the Bride (Vampire Weekend)
    2)A Star Is Born Soundtrack (Gaga and Cooper)
    3)Ventura (Anderson Paak)
    4)Cuz I Love You (Lizzo)
    5)Igor (Tyler the Creator)
    6)Girl (Maren Morris)
    7)A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships (The 1975)
    8)Western Stars (Bruce Springsteen)
    9)This Land (Gary Clark Jr.)
    10)Lover (Taylor Swift)
    11)Amidst the Chaos (Sara Bareilles)
    12)Desperate Man (Eric Church)

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s with the sudden body shaming/slut shaming? Who gives a flying shit if Ariana is sexy or talks about sex. If it’s what she wants, then so be it. She’s said that she’s not an artist that only does music to win Grammys.

cL94
    Participant
    Topics:

What do we think are the front runners are Best Pop Solo and Best Pop Duo/Group? I’m thinking Truth Hurts, Without Me, thank u, next, YNTCD, If I Can’t Have You & Bad Guy. As for Best Pop Duo/Group I’m thinking Señorita, Sunflower, Sucker, DWAS, ME!, OTR & I Don’t Care.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

‘Truth Hurts’ will go to Rap/Sung, not Pop.

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Pop Duo/Group for me would be Taylor and Brendon (Me!) or The Backstreet Boys (Chances) but I feel like it’s going to be the Jonas Brothers for “Sucker”, which I equally love but not as much as the other two. In regards to pop solo, I feel like there are 6 really great contenders I can think of off the bat but there are so many others that can get the nom too.
    1)Whatever one Swift submits
    2)Ariana Grande, “Thank U, Next”
    3)Billie Eilish, “When the Party’s Over” or “Bad Guy”
    4)Halsey, “Without Me”
    5)P!nk, “Walk Me Home”
    6)If I Can’t Have You – SM

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

What do we think are the front runners are Best Pop Solo and Best Pop Duo/Group?

Pop Solo – “Bad Guy” and whatever Gaga’s entry is

Pop DG – no obvious frontrunner

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Pop Duo/Group for me would be Taylor and Brendon (Me!) or The Backstreet Boys (Chances)

I doubt either of those songs will even be nominated. BSB’s nomination this past year was a fluke and I don’t think they will repeat with a song that didn’t even chart. “Me!” is already forgotten and most people didn’t even like it.

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt either of those songs will even be nominated. BSB’s nomination this past year was a fluke and I don’t think they will repeat with a song that didn’t even chart. “Me!” is already forgotten and most people didn’t even like it.

I feel like it’s a weak catagory this go around when I can only think of three (4 if you count “Cool” by the Jonas Brothers but I doubt they submit that one).

queenb
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Vocal Album wasn’t even televised.

Because the winner wasn’t there. If the producers knew ahead of time she would be there, they probably televise it.

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 687 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.