Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 648 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

damn the thought of Billie winning over Ariana really makes you seethe huh??

It would if I was an Arianator, which I’m not. I didn’t even listen to Thank U Next. I just like her better than Billie, and that’s not hard because I don’t see anything good in Billie’s music and IMO she doesn’t deserve awards for it.  Still I’m predicting her for the awards I honestly think she’s taking, nothing more.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not trying to belittle her chances or whatever, but Billir having celebrity fans means nothing lol. Elton John is also a huge fan of Logic and that did absolutely nothing.

Hell, Rosalia gets a ton of celebrity attention (even from Eilish), and so does Lizzo. I don’t see why it’s being brought up.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not trying to belittle her chances or whatever, but Billir having celebrity fans means nothing lol. Elton John is also a huge fan of Logic and that did absolutely nothing. Hell, Rosalia gets a ton of celebrity attention (even from Eilish), and so does Lizzo. I don’t see why it’s being brought up.

The Taylor fan said they don’t feel she’ll have any luck with Grammys because she’s not proving her music resonates to anyone other than teenagers, which is very false…

y'all ugly and smelly

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

The Taylor fan said they don’t feel she’ll have any luck with Grammys because she’s not proving her music resonates to anyone other than teenagers, which is very false…

I mean, does it though? If Ariana’s fan base is 70% valley girls then Billie’s is 70% emotional teenagers who think anxiety is a personality trait.

I don’t see how if affects her Grammy chances positively or negatively; Sweetener winning last year proves that they don’t care if the artist has a young fanbase as long as they have the acclaim and hype.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean, does it though? If Ariana’s fan base is 70% valley girls then Billie’s is 70% emotional teenagers who think anxiety is a personality trait. I don’t see how if affects her Grammy chances positively or negatively; Sweetener winning last year proves that they don’t care if the artist has a young fanbase as long as they have the acclaim and hype.

Thats what I’m saying though. It didn’t stop Taylor winning aoty twice and Ariana winning last year. Billie still definitely has the support from various music veterans and experienced musicians as I just named. This is gonna translate well to the Grammys in my opinion.

y'all ugly and smelly

Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

The last few pages. What a bunch of nonsense. What is this, an Ariana Grande career breakdown? The whole Ariana slander topic is nauseating at this point and is just so played out cause nobody really gives a shit. Predict who you want.

Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Both Ariana and Billie’s albums will end up in the same playing field in terms of commerical success and critical acclaim. Billie has an advantage because she’s the fresher artist, while Ariana won just last year. So people have a reason as to pick Billie. Vise versa. Ariana seemed to be a little more recognizable and had the buzzier era. Both albums have a case, so I’ll wait for the nominations. If I had to bet today, I’d probably go with Ariana.

Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Truly hoping Solange’s album gets the AOTY nom it deserves.

Lizzo is a BIG threat to BNA, you could argue she’s had the same buzz as Billie this year.

Any chance Snoh’s new album gets an R&B album nomination? It deserves.

Also, ctrl deserved to win Urban Cont in 2018.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, ctrl deserved to win Urban Cont in 2018.

PREACH IT SIS

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean, does it though? If Ariana’s fan base is 70% valley girls then Billie’s is 70% emotional teenagers who think anxiety is a personality trait. I don’t see how if affects her Grammy chances positively or negatively; Sweetener winning last year proves that they don’t care if the artist has a young fanbase as long as they have the acclaim and hype.

Get her, Jade! If we wanna pull up receipts that praise from celebrities means their music resonates, lets take a trip down the LEGENDS who have praised Ariana, starting with Patti Labelle, Madonna, and Barbara Streisand. That’s not to mention Imogene Heape, Mariah Carey, and President Barack Obama.

Its so weird how Billie is being held to some golden standard here while the very mention of Ariana leads to think pieces on why she won’t win. Billie isn’t Lorde because Lorde makes immaculate music that WWAFAWDYG couldn’t even hold a candle to. Billie isn’t Alanis Morissette because nothing she has released will hold up years from now. She’s a buzzworthy teenager whose music resonated with (mostly) other teenagers and impressed some adults.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

You think shawn mendes wanted to perform with that miley chick? no he wants his own slot.

LMAO. Or perform that exact same song for the millionth time on TV.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s no committee reviewing the Pop nominations, but somehow “Perfect” and “Melodrama”(both frontrunners) were snubbed.

Melodrama was a critical darling but not a sales monster. It’s really not that surprising that it was shut out of Pop Album in favor of more mainstream fare. Pop nominees are almost always chart hits and/or name-brand veteran acts. The album didn’t post numbers and she was years removed from the success of her first album

The only surprising thing about that is that Lana Del Rey got in over her. That album wasn’t a hit either and they never cared that much about her.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

POP SOLO:

Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next or 7 Rings
    Billie Eilish – bad guy
    Halsey – Without Me (yes, she’ll get nominated for her #1 song whether you guys like it or not…)
    4th spot = filler
    5th spot = filler

I’m not predicting Lady Gaga for a nomination because I think Grammy voters tend to not over-nominate someone when that person won multiple awards on the previous edition. There’s no committee reviewing the Pop nominations, but somehow “Perfect” and “Melodrama”(both frontrunners) were snubbed. The same fishy, shady situation can happen again, this time to Gaga’s submissions. P!nk was snubbed this year but her album was old this time, maybe with a more recent album, she could get a Pop Solo nom just like she did with What About Us 2 years ago. I’m not predicting Lewis Capaldi because clearly Pop Voters don’t like to vote for newbies, unless they got #1/#2 hits.

Any suggestions?

Gaga will definitely get in in this weak of a group, especially riding the continued success of ASIB and its soundtrack. Pop Solo wouldn’t really be an overnomination considering she’s only a lock for bids in the visual media categories.

5th spot will either go to Shawn Mendes or Lewis Capaldi. “Walk Me Home” probably isn’t a big enough hit for P!nk to get in. I could see her being shut out entirely this year because her album came and went.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie isn’t Lorde because Lorde makes immaculate music that WWAFAWDYG couldn’t even hold a candle to. Billie isn’t Alanis Morissette because nothing she has released will hold up years from now. She’s a buzzworthy teenager whose music resonated with (mostly) other teenagers and impressed some adults.

Ew, all that for what?

y'all ugly and smelly

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

Ew, all that for what?

Girl all that for the Billie Eilish fan club that the past 40 pages have been. Y’all might as well stan Lil Nas X if you wanna put all this energy into an artist without longevity 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 648 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.