Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 687 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

POP SOLO:

Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next or 7 Rings
    Billie Eilish – bad guy
    Halsey – Without Me (yes, she’ll get nominated for her #1 song whether you guys like it or not…)
    4th spot = filler
    5th spot = filler

I’m not predicting Lady Gaga for a nomination because I think Grammy voters tend to not over-nominate someone when that person won multiple awards on the previous edition. There’s no committee reviewing the Pop nominations, but somehow “Perfect” and “Melodrama”(both frontrunners) were snubbed. The same fishy, shady situation can happen again, this time to Gaga’s submissions. P!nk was snubbed this year but her album was old this time, maybe with a more recent album, she could get a Pop Solo nom just like she did with What About Us 2 years ago. I’m not predicting Lewis Capaldi because clearly Pop Voters don’t like to vote for newbies, unless they got #1/#2 hits.

Any suggestions?

Gaga will definitely get in in this weak of a group, especially riding the continued success of ASIB and its soundtrack. Pop Solo wouldn’t really be an overnomination considering she’s only a lock for bids in the visual media categories.

5th spot will either go to Shawn Mendes or Lewis Capaldi. “Walk Me Home” probably isn’t a big enough hit for P!nk to get in. I could see her being shut out entirely this year because her album came and went.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie isn’t Lorde because Lorde makes immaculate music that WWAFAWDYG couldn’t even hold a candle to. Billie isn’t Alanis Morissette because nothing she has released will hold up years from now. She’s a buzzworthy teenager whose music resonated with (mostly) other teenagers and impressed some adults.

Ew, all that for what?

y'all ugly and smelly

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

Ew, all that for what?

Girl all that for the Billie Eilish fan club that the past 40 pages have been. Y’all might as well stan Lil Nas X if you wanna put all this energy into an artist without longevity 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all might as well stan Lil Nas X if you wanna put all this energy into an artist without longevity 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

sir this is her debut year….

y'all ugly and smelly

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

sir this is her debut year….

Well aware, it’s a prediction like everything else here 😭😭😭

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

If we wanna pull up receipts that praise from celebrities means their music resonates, lets take a trip down the LEGENDS who have praised Ariana, starting with Patti Labelle, Madonna, and Barbara Streisand. That’s not to mention Imogene Heape, Mariah Carey, and President Barack Obama.

My thoughts exactly. Y’all are over-analyzing the situation: Billie will win Pop Vocal simply because her album is bigger. Ariana could still win considering her era was overall bigger (3 top 2 hits, higher charting album tracks, etc). Whoever praises them will have absolutely no effect on anything whatsoever.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie will win Pop Vocal simply because her album is bigger.

Susan Boyle, Justin Timberlake, and Taylor Swift would like a word with you

Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Ariana Grande could NOT still win.

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Get her, Jade! If we wanna pull up receipts that praise from celebrities means their music resonates, lets take a trip down the LEGENDS who have praised Ariana, starting with Patti Labelle, Madonna, and Barbara Streisand. That’s not to mention Imogene Heape, Mariah Carey, and President Barack Obama.

Its so weird how Billie is being held to some golden standard here while the very mention of Ariana leads to think pieces on why she won’t win. Billie isn’t Lorde because Lorde makes immaculate music that WWAFAWDYG couldn’t even hold a candle to. Billie isn’t Alanis Morissette because nothing she has released will hold up years from now. She’s a buzzworthy teenager whose music resonated with (mostly) other teenagers and impressed some adults.

I remember Mariah Carey and Ariana having beds words some time ago.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe Cardi will nominated for Atleast 4 Grammy awards

Money Best music video, Rap performance

Press Rap song

Please me Rap sung performances

BMV is not happening. Rap Song is very unlikely. Rap/Sung could happen but I don’t think it will. The only nomination I realistically see her getting is Rap Performance.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Susan Boyle, Justin Timberlake, and Taylor Swift would like a word with you

What part of “Ariana could still win considering her era was overall bigger” did you not get?

The winners are usually the best selling, but if not then they’re the biggest in terms of a whole era.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I remember Mariah Carey and Ariana having beds words some time ago.

They made up. I remember Mariah congratulated her on Instagram for her birthday or something like that.

6 GOD
    Participant
    Topics:

They made up. I remember Mariah congratulated her on Instagram for her birthday or something like that.

It was the opposite. Ariana wished Mariah a Happy Birthday and Mariah reposted it sending love.

6 GOD
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s complex to determine the “bigger” album for Billie vs. Ariana. If we are talking units moved after the album was released (which is what Billboard tracks on Year-End lists) then Billie’s is bigger.

However, if we are talking the album’s total units (which is what RIAA tracks on certifications) then Ariana’s wins due to pre-album success of “thank u, next” and “7 rings”.

Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

I was gone for like a week just to take a break and it’s still the same discussion… Nothin new just the same old stuff 🤡

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 687 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.