Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 648 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

have to be a complete fool to think this year has some lock.

There are no albums more than 50% more likely to get a nomination for AOTY 2020, who thinks otherwise is blind, or just a fan obsessed.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I come back and we are still swirling around with fake doubt of Ariana making the GF categories.

Also, this is the last month of eligibility and this is probably the worst year of quality for mainstream music in terms of what’s going to get in, which ironically makes it a little difficult to predict an 8. A lot of the normal heavy hitters have either underwhelmed or aged like milk. It’s the year of newbies providing more of a genuine interest than the veterans (The Gift flopped, Lover’s singles so far are terrible and I’m sure it won’t get great reviews, Ed Sheeran did fine but not amazing by his standards and got the same type of reviews as Divide, etc.,).

Ariana and Billie are the only ones with critical acclaim (moreso Ariana) and massive commerical success with momentum so I don’t see how they miss AOTY. Lizzo, I think, is next in line as she’s rising pretty fast but I don’t see her as a lock (personally, she’s gotten very annoying within the last month). After that, it’s a blur and full of maybes and perhaps, but not quites.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I have to agree that there are ZERO locks this year for Album of the Year. It has been a relatively weak year dominated by music that has gone as fast as it has come.

Most likely:

Billie Eilish – critical and commercial success, but new artist.

Ariana Grande – snubbed last year, making it harder to be snubbed again this year, but you never know.

Lizzo – huge crossover breakthrough but still new to mainstream. Flute playing a plus to voters though! lol

Khalid – Not the most acclaimed, but one of the most successful commercially with multiple hit singles.

I think after those 4, it’s anyone’s guess as to which way the panel will select the next 4 nominees. It will all depend on their personal tastes.

Will they nominate one or more critically acclaimed alternative artists??? (vampire weekend, The 1975, Bon Iver).

Will they go for a soundtrack? (A Star is Born, The Gift by Beyoncé).

Will they honor a veteran act?? (Bruce Springsteen, Mariah Carey, Sheryl Crow).

Or will they crowd the line-up with mainstream pop albums??? (Taylor Swift, Jonas Brothers, Ed Sheeran).

Chfrik
    Participant
    Topics:

Katy is releasing Tonight

Don’t count her out, she has 13 nominations, and some in the GF

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Katy is releasing Tonight

Don’t count her out, she has 13 nominations, and some in the GF

Yeah, but she’s never won.

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Katy is releasing Tonight Don’t count her out, she has 13 nominations, and some in the GF

Her image right now its worse than ever with the Grammy, specially because they made a article talking about Dark Horse plagiarism and how is important for Small artists fight against big artists (katy) When they steal their music

Not to mention, she only is nominated when she get a hit, and she dosen’t have a real hit since 2014

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  jowgbruno.
    Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol so the August 8th announcement was Will Farrell? Lmao

Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

Btw Small Talk ain’t that bad either. It reminds me of Never Really Over

Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

Btw Small Talk ain’t that bad either. It reminds me of Never Really Over

Yeah, it’s a fun song. I think that NRO is better, but “Small Talk” is fine. I do like the sound and aesthetic she’s going for this era.

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Well Small talk is very boring and the lyrics with the cringe blablabla dosen’t help at all

It’s definettly not better than NRO, so… Ms.Perry is out of the game this year, what a surprise

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, but it’s not like she had a chance in the beginning, but it’s a chill bop tho, oh well…

I will always love you

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Small Talk is kind of cute. And if this is the realm of how Katy is going then this might be her most cohesive album since Teenage Dream.

Small Talk will do better than Never Really Over.

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope what Katy Perry is doing this year is creating artistic pop music rather than create mainstream pop music. I really like the singles and I hope she continues on her streak. It feels weird I enjoy the singles from Katy Perry than from Lady Gaga lol.

Barnacles Bro

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol but I don’t expect any noms yet. I really hope Katy Perry pulls off a great pop record regardless of sales or AirPlay. If she continues, imo she could be easily acclaimed as Lorde, Charli XCX, or Carly Rae Jepsen.

Barnacles Bro

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, y’all no one is ever guaranteed a Grammy nomination! Y’all are delusional for saying any are a lock for any catagory. I think the word you aren’t looking for is frontrunner for certain catagories and that’s it. Imo, a possible nominee for BNA from Billie Eilish is on the same level for This is America, but sometimes Grammy committees do stupid shit, so again please be optimistic from all the potential nominees. And at the end of the day it’s just a show. Nothing more or less.

Barnacles Bro

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 648 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.