Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 648 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

NRO was awful and this new song is even worse. Katy will be a non-factor this year.

ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

Katy is gearing up for a super cute and positive pop album that could easily be up there with Teenage Dream. It’s going to be near impossible for her to reach the heights of her heyday. I don’t think it’s fair to expect it either. The music industry has changed and like Beyoncé, Taylor, Timberlake… Katy’s fanbase is getting older. To get a pop number one you need to have a huge buzz, not just a great song. Small Talk is very very fun. I think Never Really Over is the one she should still submit and she does stand a chance for Pop Performance nomination. All in all, this is the type of music I’m glad she’s making. It puts a smile on my face and it’s fun in the car. I’d love to see her win a Grammy one day.

ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

Bon Iver is getting OK reviews, but easily the most mixed of their career. I would expect the album to still stand a good chance at Alternative Album.

Megan, Nicki and Ty Dolla’s track is fun. I don’t think it’ll make a big impact, it’s coming out a little late in the summer and post “Hot Girl Summer” trend. If Megan released this back in June, she could have linked it in with the slogan and made a viral thing of it.

Miranda Lambert’s new track isn’t really doing it for me. I think I’m more into when she does slow tracks.

Slipknot have a 100 on Metacritic… it’s very much not my type, but sounds like a Metal Album frontrunner. Tool also released a new track with an album coming out soon.

Rick Ross’ new album is out. I’m not the biggest Rick Ross fan, but there are a lot of them out there and he has massive respect.

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

It was announced that the special guest in all tv tonight shows(Kimmel, Fallon ,etc) on August 8 was Will Ferrell. Sorry, no Adele and Rihanna.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Katy shouldn’t even be a topic here

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if Slipknot can surprise in AOTY. I mean, it’s very odd to see hard rock in the GF, but their album is #1 on iTunes and the reviews are excellent.

Pedro Ivo
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey by Robyn deserves an BPVA win. Sorry ariana

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Pedro Ivo.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Pedro Ivo.
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em1pHFTvK1s

AOTY, SOTY, ROTY, BPVA, BPVP winner

y'all ugly and smelly

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, these nominations are going to be worst in the history of the Grammy Awards. BARF!

The sad thing is that we said the same last year.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

At least we had unique nominees like H.E.R. in the mix. This year seems especially bad.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

At least we had unique nominees like H.E.R. in the mix. This year seems especially bad.

At this rate, Blueface is going to get some nominations.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only who thinks this year has been really, really good? We may have less albums than usual but honestly most of the AOTY contenders are at least good.

Billie, Ariana, Gaga, Lizzo, Khalid, Tyler, Solange, Maggie, Beyoncé, Capaldi, Paak, 21 Savage, Vampire Weekend and Gary Clark Jr, all delivered at least good albums. Hell, even Ed Sheeran’s album wasn’t a complete turd. This year is more uninteresting than outright “bad”.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

every year the music market gets younger and younger. The only way a song can become a hit is if kids can make TikToks out of them. An example would literally be the top 10 of the hot 100. I thought this year in music was great but annoying and repetitive at the same time. Majority of music this year aged like milk and my favorite projects this year will probably get 0 grammy love, which is usual for someone like me.

But I just want Adele, Rih, B7, LG6, and La Rosalia to cleanse this mess.

y'all ugly and smelly

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

For next year’s ceremony, NARAS needs to go back to 5 nominees in the GF.

And then, that’ll be the year when you have the most competitive bunch of contenders. So, no.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

every year the music market gets younger and younger. The only way a song can become a hit is if kids can make TikToks out of them. An example would literally be the top 10 of the hot 100. I thought this year in music was great but annoying and repetitive at the same time. Majority of music this year aged like milk and my favorite projects this year will probably get 0 grammy love, which is usual for someone like me. But I just want Adele, Rih, B7, LG6, and La Rosalia to cleanse this mess.

For Grammys 2021 we can have Adele, Gaga, Beyoncé, Lorde and Kendrick Lamar, already more than half of the nominees in AOTY

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 648 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.