Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 680 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
10 mins ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
DC95
Pauly Antonio
  • Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

How come no one dragged you for this idiotic statement?

Probably because it’s their opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

For the first time in the Grammy period I think Gaga may not be the only person with a real chance of winning AOTY. Cuz I Love can take win AOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I…actually, agree. I think Cuz I Love You could surprise. People are underestimating Lizzo

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo won’t win AOTY. Urban albums NEVER win. It always goes to the safe, predictable, choice.

It’s also rare for a new artist to receive the top honor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Again, I would like to see it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo won’t win AOTY. Urban albums NEVER win. It always goes to the safe, predictable, choice.

I mean, sure, but we don’t have a lot to work with this year. I feel like Cuz I Love You is pop enough to actually get pop voters on board, and Lizzo is doing great on Pop radio. I mean, when you think about it, Lizzo’s brand of urban-flavoured pop music is probably more appealing to voters than Ariana’s relationship drama or William’s satanic-pop. Just something to think about.

I’m obviously not predicting winners, but the amount of campaigning homegirl has done is extraordinary. I wouldn’t count her out.

It’s also rare for a new artist to receive the top honor.

I’ll give you that, but the other heavily predicted winners are Billie, who is also a new artist, and Ariana, who would win on her first GF nom. Billie, Lizzo, and Capaldi all have very baity albums, for very different reasons each

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll give you that, but the other heavily predicted winners are Billie, who is also a new artist, and Ariana, who would win on her first GF nom. Billie, Lizzo, and Capaldi all have very baity albums, for very different reasons each

You are crazy if you think that Ariana is heavily predicted to win The AOTY

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana and Lizzo aren’t winning AOTY. Billie could, depending on what the competition looks like.

It’s safe to say Billie and Lizzo are both getting in (either would be a massive snub), and we all know Grammy voters are more likely to pick the pop/alternative singer-songwriter over the R&B/pop/hip-hop artist. So if it comes down to the two of them, we all know who would have the edge. Especially since Billie is more popular.

Either would be deserving (although I have a softer spot for When We All Fall Asleep…, which is a stunning record), but let’s be realistic.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana, who would win on her first GF nom

Ariana should be VERY happy if she gets GF nominations this year. Because they may be her last. Boyfriend’s underperformance, kinda shows that she’s not guaranteed to have TUN success in the future. She may go back to the pop girl who gets genre nomination but gets ignored by the committee as usual.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

You are crazy if you think that Ariana is heavily predicted to win The AOTY

She is. Check the prediction centre before you make this kind of posts and embarass yourself even more than you already have. Get a life. Suck some dick. Stop being pressed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana should be VERY happy if she gets GF nominations this year. Because they may be her last. Boyfriend’s underperformance, kinda shows that she’s not guaranteed to have TUN success in the future. She may go back to the pop girl who gets genre nomination but gets ignored by the committee as usual.

I’m not gonna get mad at you since we’ve already established that your reading comprehension is not very good, but what I meant is that, if Ariana won, she would win on her first GF noms, which is very rare; therefore, I think she would be just as likely to win based on previous winners than someone like Lizzo.

For a songwriter you surely are not the brightest, huh?

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana and Lizzo aren’t winning AOTY. Billie could, depending on what the competition looks like.

It’s safe to say Billie and Lizzo are both getting in (either would be a massive snub), and we all know Grammy voters are more likely to pick the pop/alternative singer-songwriter over the R&B/pop/hip-hop artist. So if it comes down to the two of them, we all know who would have the edge. Especially since Billie is more popular.

I think Lizzo is just as “pop” as Billie, so I don’t think that’s the issue. Plus, she has just as much acclaim, and sales aren’t really that much of a factor when you consider that last year’s winner was one of the least selling of the bunch.

What you meant to say is that Billie Eilish has the advantage because she’s white, which makes sense.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

What you meant to say is that Billie Eilish has the advantage because she’s white, which makes sense.

That’s not what I meant to say, otherwise I would have said it.

Lizzo’s brand of pop is more R&B/hip-hop influenced than Billie’s which is what her disadvantage is. You can interpret that as a racial thing, but Eminem, Macklemore, Amy Winehouse, etc. have also lost AOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

She is. Check the prediction centre before you make this kind of posts and embarass yourself even more than you already have. Get a life. Suck some dick. Stop being pressed.

Ariana is probably high up in the prediction center because most people expect her to get nominated. Judging by the discussions on this forum, and the fact that Billie is the top pick on PC (aka the most favored to win), I don’t think very many, if any, people are actually considering Ariana as a serious threat to win AOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol you need to calm down sis, you are beeing to loud. I’ve checked the prediction center, you should know that there’s a big difference between predicting someone to be nominated and predicting to win

Eveyone can see Ariana being nominated but almost nobody can see she winning. Why? Because She dosen’t have the album most adored by the critics this year, she dosent have the biggest album in numbers neither, her narrative isnt strong and she stoped to promote TUN too earlier, if at least she was appreciated by the Grammys, which is not the case since her only grammy victory was thanks to another artist’s narrative and she lost in the same year another nomination for an album track

So again, you have to be really crazy, or in your case just dumb enough, to think that Ariana is heavily predicted to win next year

Ps: chill a little bit, maybe you are the one who needs to suck something here

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 680 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.