Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 738 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Darren
Boz
  • Paul Sheehan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue the conversation from Part 10.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Are we getting ROTY, SOTY & BNA in the prediction centre anytime soon?

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Snoh Aalegra still eligible for Best New Artist?
    She’s just on her sophomore album and has only released 1 full length EP (9 songs). She seems to meet the criteria of having less than 30 songs released. And has not exceeded the album limit either.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

To the swiftie in the last thread:

Yall are annoying saying that Reputation was snubbed and the Academy owes her for what they did. NOT TF THEY DONT!! Almost a year later and there’re STILL mad about it. Theres about three people in these threads that said the same thing…. Rep was bad, period. the only thing it had was sales, that’s it.

The singles she put out from the album have been awful and the two promo singles being “better” wouldn’t make the album all of a sudden better.

The singles from Lover would sound cute if she was still 15 or something, but sis is turning 30…

Just because you read an article giving Lover a good review doesn’t mean it got universal acclaim lol. Motivation and Slide Around got better reviews and a better audience reception…

The only people hyping up the album are the fans, the GP doesn’t really care all that much.

y'all ugly and smelly

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Quick reminder that Sweetener won over Reputation and that WWAFAWDWG will win over Lover.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

I do think the Reputation snub by the panel in AOTY was partly, similiar to the Ed snub, because they were afraid it could actually win if nominated. (Ofcourse Ed was 100% winning whereas Taylor was a smaller risk they just didn’t want to take.) Now that she even lost to Ariana in pop album, that fear must be gone. If they don’t want a pop album to win AOTY this year, it could be a smart move to let Lover in to cancel out Billie, Ariana and Gaga more. But ofcourse it’s also not likely they’d want 4 popgirls in.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Taylor and Ariana would split votes, let alone Taylor and Billie.

Taylor missed Pop Solo last year, which probably means that the support just wasn’t there. Wouldn’t be shocked if Shawn Mendes or Camila Cabello had gotten more votes than her.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I do think the Reputation snub by the panel in AOTY was partly, similiar to the Ed snub, because they were afraid it could actually win if nominated. (Ofcourse Ed was 100% winning whereas Taylor was a smaller risk they just didn’t want to take.) Now that she even lost to Ariana in pop album, that fear must be gone. If they don’t want a pop album to win AOTY this year, it could be a smart move to let Lover in to cancel out Billie, Ariana and Gaga more. But ofcourse it’s also not likely they’d want 4 popgirls in.

The risk of a pop album by a white artist winning isn’t really a big deal this year since there are no prominent R&B or hip-hop albums that would be a threat to win.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

The risk of a pop album by a white artist winning isn’t really a big deal this year since there are no prominent R&B or hip-hop albums that would be a threat to win.

Taylor would hurt ASIB the most imo and some people think the academy wouldn’t want to award an old soundtrack. And I honestly think ASIB is the most competitive for the win right now as it’s the only big pop album competing that was catered towards a more mature audience. And it’s not a soundtrack by ‘various artists’, it’s pretty much viewed upon as a Lady Gaga album. Definitely the biggest shot Gaga ever has had at AOTY.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor would hurt ASIB the most imo and some people think the academy wouldn’t want to award an old soundtrack. And I honestly think ASIB is the most competitive for the win right now as it’s the only big pop album competing that was catered towards a more mature audience. And it’s not a soundtrack by ‘various artists’, it’s pretty much viewed upon as a Lady Gaga album. Definitely the biggest shot Gaga ever has had at AOTY.

Lover sounds like Kids Bop album so I dont think the “mature audience” argument would work this time around loll…and Taylor wouldn’t be hurting Gaga at all, in fact it looks like Gaga is hurting herself

y'all ugly and smelly

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

You should remind us that Billie is beating Ariana this year too

I said WWAFAWDWG is winning Pop Vocal.

I really enjoy seeing how you, DC95, and M get pressed about anything Ariana related lol

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor won’t takes votes away from Gaga. They will surely like ASIB more, and Gaga will probably get country votes as well.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

^ that’s another thing. Taylor has lost tons of support from the GP and isn’t ‘americas Sweetheart’ anymore. You probably wouldn’t see it as a fan but less people are looking for her this time around.

y'all ugly and smelly

ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

It will REALLY depend how the next two weeks go for Taylor. Lover needs to be a hit once the video is released and she’s in promo mode. Cruel Summer needs to be a bop and the Dixie Chicks collaboration needs to appeal to an adult crowd. No more ME! or YNTCD type songs… If she gets a number 1 on the Hot 100, which is totally possible with the low numbers for the top 4 right now, and the album has over 80 on meta and sells about 700k equivalent or more, she still has a chance to be in the Grammy’s attention. She also has to promo this album like crazy without being obnoxious. The reputation tour and film were a great step to reminding people of the star she is… then she released those two singles and people aren’t feeling it. She needs to get this back on track.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

There is no guarantee reputation was “snubbed” by comitee. Looking at her other nominations and the result, it’s possible she missed the top 20 all together. The support wasn’t there and hasn’t been for a while…

I’m pretty sure the pop albums nominees will almost always get into the top 20 every year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 738 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.