Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 687 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
DYNASTY
Darren
M
  • Profile picture
    BEEJANCE (queen B)
    Topics:

The Middle Child is a better and bigger rap song than A Lot. A Lot is kinda forgotten, Middle Child is fresher and more likely to be nominated in the GF.

Queen B (D)

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Lenny & Simon’s from HDD updated top picks for AOTY:

“WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?” – Billie Eilish
    “thank u, next” – Ariana Grande
    “Free Spirit” – Khalid
    “Lover” – Taylor Swift
    “HOMECOMING” – Beyoncé
    “A Star Is Born” – Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper
    “Hurts 2B Human” – P!nk
    “Cuz I Love You” – Lizzo
    “Heard It In The Past” – Maggie Rogers
    “No. 6 Collaborations Project” – Ed Sheeran
    “IGOR” – Tyler, The Creator
    “Revenge Of The Dreamers III” – Dreamville & J. Cole
    “GIRL” – Maren Morris
    “Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent” – Lewis Capaldi
    “MAP OF THE SOUL : PERSONA” – BTS
    “This Land” – Gary Clark Jr.
    “Desperate Man” – Eric Church
    “Threads” – Sheryl Crow

http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=317612

Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

William is always the first one mentioned when it comes to AOTY predictions…..

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Lenny & Simon’s from HDD updated top picks for AOTY:

“WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?” – Billie Eilish
    “thank u, next” – Ariana Grande
    “Free Spirit” – Khalid
    “Lover” – Taylor Swift
    “HOMECOMING” – Beyoncé
    “A Star Is Born” – Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper
    “Hurts 2B Human” – P!nk
    “Cuz I Love You” – Lizzo
    “Heard It In The Past” – Maggie Rogers
    “No. 6 Collaborations Project” – Ed Sheeran
    “IGOR” – Tyler, The Creator
    “Revenge Of The Dreamers III” – Dreamville & J. Cole
    “GIRL” – Maren Morris
    “Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent” – Lewis Capaldi
    “MAP OF THE SOUL : PERSONA” – BTS
    “This Land” – Gary Clark Jr.
    “Desperate Man” – Eric Church
    “Threads” – Sheryl Crow

http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=317612

They have got to let it go with their griping about the “secret committees” (which aren’t a secret). It made sense when they went on about Justin Timberlake and Ed Sheeran – those were royal snubs and super shocking. Taylor Swift did not deserve an AOTY nomination last year and I’m sure she doesn’t deserve one this year either.

And weren’t they trying to put Camila Cabello in the “snub” conversation last year? Enough already.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    6 GOD
    Topics:

What voters made clear last year, is there are artists they like a lot more than Ariana, Camila, Shawn Mendes etc… and they would rather see those artists win over them, however weak the submission may be.

I don’t agree with this at all. Voters could have simply preferred Joanne over the other nominated hits.
    You’re acting like Gaga is now all of a sudden a Grammy darling due to her unexpected win in Pop Solo. Doing well at the Grammys for 1 year is not automatic Grammy darling status. Or we would have to consider Childish Gambino as a Grammy darling now for his wins last year.
    I agree with Boz, ASIB had so much hype last year, that hype is gone.

I think the album might be able to be nominated in AOTY, if the committee wants it to, and if it is, it’s my frontrunner to win. However, that will not translate to the album tracks, which were simply not big hits in addition to the momentum being lost, being shown that undeniable love as you claim.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

That argument makes no sense, specially when Shawn and Ariana have stronger submissions than last year. Just because, for example, Childish Gambino won ROTY last year, doesn’t mean every time he and Gaga are both nominated for the category he’ll win. Voters change their minds, and as much as y’all want to deny it, A Star is Born doesn’t have the legs it had last year, where it was an Oscar contender and had insane amount of promotion and campaigning. And Gaga already won Pop Solo last year, which is going to hurt her a bit this year (specially since neither of the songs she’s competing with this year were hits).

That’s one way to look it. But the other way is that ASIB might’ve actually gotten even bigger this year. Remember Gaga won the Golden Globe, the BAFTA and most importantly the Oscar after the Grammy vote was already done. Shallow went #1 after its sensational performance more than a month after the Grammy ceremony actually, not even the vote.

And as DC95 pointed out, 300M Streams and 157M views on Youtube is more of a “moderate hit” for a non-single. The song is a lot more successful than the random Joanne.

Profile picture
    Sheeow
    Topics:

Lenny & Simon’s from HDD updated top picks for AOTY: “WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?” – Billie Eilish “thank u, next” – Ariana Grande “Free Spirit” – Khalid “Lover” – Taylor Swift “HOMECOMING” – Beyoncé “A Star Is Born” – Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper “Hurts 2B Human” – P!nk “Cuz I Love You” – Lizzo “Heard It In The Past” – Maggie Rogers “No. 6 Collaborations Project” – Ed Sheeran “IGOR” – Tyler, The Creator “Revenge Of The Dreamers III” – Dreamville & J. Cole “GIRL” – Maren Morris “Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent” – Lewis Capaldi “MAP OF THE SOUL : PERSONA” – BTS “This Land” – Gary Clark Jr. “Desperate Man” – Eric Church “Threads” – Sheryl Crow http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=317612

BTS….. yeah he’s on crack!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

the teen vote probably was split between Post, Camila, and Ariana anyways, so I really don’t think it was “the Grammy’s showing their love for Gaga”.

Oh this is my point too, who is Gaga going to share the adult vote with, if her competition is Ariana and Camilla etc again?

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

ASIB had so much hype last year, that hype is gone.

Not sure what metric you are using to quantify this statement when the soundtrack and its songs are still selling and streaming well.

Also not sure why you’re acting like the movie was released 5 years ago.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I do see the point of voters taking a liking to Gaga over Ariana, Billie, or other newer acts simply because she has more of a base than they do (would one count her as a vet?). What I don’t agree with is the notion that Gaga is all of a sudden a Grammy fave. Joanne winning was an anomaly due to an insanely weak category and the ASIB hype lead Gaga to win there. If she was a true favorite of theirs, she would’ve won ROTY and SOTY when ASIB still had somewhat of it’s hype (long past its peak).

You can’t say “Gaga will win Pop Solo again” because of a circumstantial win and then say “Ariana won’t win Pop Album again” for weaker reasons. That’s like saying “Solange unexpectedly won in R&B Performance so if she is nominated there again, she will win because the off-kilter win shows that the voters love her enough to do it again”. I’m not understanding that logic.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 687 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.