Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 687 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Darren
M
  • Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

Here’s what the fans say about the 14 tracks from the Lover album and it looks like this album might improve from reputation:

Mr.S has posted descriptions of the tracks from the album and as we know, he is extremely reliable. These are not my descriptions, I am just reposting what is on ATRL.

1. I Forgot That You Existed is a poppy midtempo, with minimal production but still quite catchy. Lyrics wise, it’s a great opener.

Cruel Summer is a pop song, with elements of electro and retro vibe. Sorry to say it’s overhyped.
    3. The Man is A BOP! It’s still Taylor but elevated, interesting and super catchy production.

I Think He Knows is layered in minimal beats and have a big climax towards the end.

Miss Americana & the Heartbreak Prince can be a track in hopeless fountain kingdom, it sounds like Halsey and Lana mixed together. Swag and ethereal, the piano, the thumping drum, the vocal layering. One of the highlight.

Paper Rings is a fun country pop song, super fast super upbeat, you can hear a lil bit of ME! here so…

Cornelia Street sounds like a dream, so sweet. The song has a great building up to the chorus with retro electro pop sound

I Think He Knows is quite basic. So does Death By a Thousand Cuts. Song is overproduced in some parts.

London Boy is quite cute and fit the album perfectly, some part a bit corny though.

10. Soon You’ll Get Better (feat. Dixie Chicks) is really beautiful, it’s a country ballad song. She sings this beautifully, wow, it reminds me of her debut. This is the Taylor I love.

False God has some beautiful saxophone, a dreamy and romantic production. She tries to pull some sexy vocal here.
    15. Afterglow has amazing production, it sounds spacious, retro, thumping, airy. The electric guitar in the background sounds so good. It’s a midtempo but so catchy. She should make a whole album like this.

It’s Nice To Have a Friend is a cute song, with folk elements. The production is mixed with vocal harmony, ukulele(?), horn, bell.

Daylight shines with beautiful synth aided by gated reverb and some echo, it screams retro sound.

Most of the tracks in Lover was written by Jack Antonoff. I can’t wait how this album will play out tomorrow and I will give my honest music review on Lover album.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Matt90210.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Matt90210.
    Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

I will tell you that if the critics loves the Lover album like Golden Hour, then it will get AOTY. But, time will only tell tomorrow once I post my honest music review on this album. Also, please no posting of bad comments on my music review because it’s my opinion only about this album.

Profile picture
    Sheeow
    Topics:

I will tell you that if the critics loves the Lover album like Golden Hour, then it will get AOTY. But, time will only tell tomorrow once I post my honest music review on this album. Also, please no posting of bad comments on my music review because it’s my opinion only about this album.

Get off this site and go back to Twitter ma’am!

Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

if they already awarded Golden Hour aoty then why would they give it to Lover……

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

Golden Hour sweetie I am so sorry. Im so sorry that an ugly ass bitch like this would even say that, oh my god.

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

Get off this site and go back to Twitter ma’am!

No, I won’t.

Profile picture
    emba
    Topics:

I think Pop Duo/Group is probably the hardest to predict – too many possible nominees who are all strong contenders – if you had to name three most likely to win who would they be?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Here’s what the fans say about the 14 tracks from the Lover album and it looks like this album might improve from reputation:

Mr.S has posted descriptions of the tracks from the album and as we know, he is extremely reliable. These are not my descriptions, I am just reposting what is on ATRL.

1. I Forgot That You Existed is a poppy midtempo, with minimal production but still quite catchy. Lyrics wise, it’s a great opener.

Cruel Summer is a pop song, with elements of electro and retro vibe. Sorry to say it’s overhyped.
    3. The Man is A BOP! It’s still Taylor but elevated, interesting and super catchy production.

I Think He Knows is layered in minimal beats and have a big climax towards the end.

Miss Americana & the Heartbreak Prince can be a track in hopeless fountain kingdom, it sounds like Halsey and Lana mixed together. Swag and ethereal, the piano, the thumping drum, the vocal layering. One of the highlight.

Paper Rings is a fun country pop song, super fast super upbeat, you can hear a lil bit of ME! here so…

Cornelia Street sounds like a dream, so sweet. The song has a great building up to the chorus with retro electro pop sound

I Think He Knows is quite basic. So does Death By a Thousand Cuts. Song is overproduced in some parts.

London Boy is quite cute and fit the album perfectly, some part a bit corny though.

10. Soon You’ll Get Better (feat. Dixie Chicks) is really beautiful, it’s a country ballad song. She sings this beautifully, wow, it reminds me of her debut. This is the Taylor I love.

False God has some beautiful saxophone, a dreamy and romantic production. She tries to pull some sexy vocal here.
    15. Afterglow has amazing production, it sounds spacious, retro, thumping, airy. The electric guitar in the background sounds so good. It’s a midtempo but so catchy. She should make a whole album like this.

It’s Nice To Have a Friend is a cute song, with folk elements. The production is mixed with vocal harmony, ukulele(?), horn, bell.

Daylight shines with beautiful synth aided by gated reverb and some echo, it screams retro sound.

Most of the tracks in Lover was written by Jack Antonoff. I can’t wait how this album will play out tomorrow and I will give my honest music review on Lover album.

Miguel, no one gives a shit. Please keep this in the Taylor thread.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I think Pop Duo/Group is probably the hardest to predict – too many possible nominees who are all strong contenders – if you had to name three most likely to win who would they be?

Gaga/Cooper
    Sheeran/Bieber
    Mendes/Cabello

assuming all those people get nominated

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I’m not convinced that “I Don’t Care” will be nominated in the end.

I do think “Dancing with a Stranger” will be. I think the song has held up well enough for voters to remember it.

Profile picture
    reputationsgrammy
    Topics:

I don’t see Gaga/Bradley getting into Pop Duo w I’ll Never Love Again. He’s in that version for like a hot second, and I don’t think it helps that they already won the category with a (much bigger) song from the movie last year.

I think they’ll give Gaga her oats in Pop Vocal instead, with either Always Remember Us or the solo version of I’ll Never Love Again… whichever is submitted/pushed.

proud delusional swiftie

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Google 2003 Grammy predictions, you’ll find some, Norah wasn’t even mentioned as a top contender at all, only for BNA and some said that was a stretch. Many people were confused at how she managed to win since virtually no one knew who she was. Her album didn’t even reach #1 until A YEAR LATER.

Norah Jones wasn’t even on the level of Norah Jones….

This is a lie. Norah Jones was definitely on the Grammy radar, with exposure from Vh1 and MTV2 + she had strong critical support. She was a slowburner, but hardly an underdog. She was a virtual lock for BNA and ROTY but only surprised in AOTY. Bruce Springsteen had many mentions that year.

Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

This is a lie. Norah Jones was definitely on the Grammy radar, with exposure from Vh1 and MTV2 + she had strong critical support. She was a slowburner, but hardly an underdog. She was a virtual lock for BNA and ROTY but only surprised in AOTY. Bruce Springsteen had many mentions that year.

Yeah I know I got some things wrong but the point still stands, its hard to look at old Grammy achieves from 2003, but the ones that I did find didn’t mention Norah being a big winner, BNA was the only award she was expected to win but even then Avril was the favorite to win. Bruce was expected/favored to win for The Rising with was a song about 9/11 and Dont Know Why was predicted as a “should win” and not a “will win”.

But this is a situation that can very much happen this year…. when an expected winner is expected to win just to lose to an artist that no one expected, especially a new artist. This year is looking like it can be the year it happens again.

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Yeah I know I got some things wrong but the point still stands, its hard to look at old Grammy achieves from 2003, but the ones that I did find didn’t mention Norah being a big winner, BNA was the only award she was expected to win but even then Avril was the favorite to win. Bruce was expected/favored to win for The Rising with was a song about 9/11 and Dont Know Why was predicted as a “should win” and not a “will win”.

But this is a situation that can very much happen this year…. when an expected winner is expected to win just to lose to an artist that no one expected, especially a new artist. This year is looking like it can be the year it happens again.

Avril Lavigne was definitely not the favorite to win. She was predicted to be shut out thanks to the late hype train for Norah Jones. It was definitely supposed to be Bruce’s and Norah’s night. Norah Jones just so happened to overperform, but she was definitely predicted to be a top winner that night.

Paul Grein for example:
    http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=276820&title+GREIN-ON-GRAMMYS

I don’t think Billie Eilish is going to have a Norah Jones night. Not even close. She’s going to falter somewhere, but she will still do well enough.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 687 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.