Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 687 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
DYNASTY
Darren
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

Avril Lavigne was definitely not the favorite to win. She was predicted to be shut out thanks to the late hype train for Norah Jones. It was definitely supposed to be Bruce’s and Norah’s night. Norah Jones just so happened to overperform, but she was definitely predicted to be a top winner that night. Paul Grein for example: http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=276820&title+GREIN-ON-GRAMMYS 

I was going by this article https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/the-45th-annual-grammy-awards-winner-predictions/ there was another one but I literally can’t find it anymore, but the only GF she was expected to win was BNA any maybe ROTY. She didn’t start getting attention months after the release of Come Away With Me, while Billie had the attention before the album even came out…

I don’t think Billie Eilish is going to have a Norah Jones night. Not even close. She’s going to falter somewhere, but she will still do well enough.

I do, especially since mostly everyone here has been saying things that was said when Norah was nominated… She’s the type of artist that the Grammys love

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

Get lost, Taylor Swift fangirl!

Hell no.

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

Miguel, no one gives a shit. Please keep this in the Taylor thread.

Fine go ahead

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

Tomorrow, I don’t want see anything bad on Lover day. Whatever happens whether the album is good or not, it doesn’t matter. What it matters is you enjoy. So, shame on you on all the haters.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Matt90210.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Matt90210.
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Tomorrow, I don’t want see anything bad on Lover day. Whatever happens whether it’s good or not, it doesn’t matter. What it matters is you enjoy her album.

Please shut up

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

Please shut up

No, I won’t…

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

No, I won’t…

Well, time to use that ignore button

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    daniellbp
    Topics:

It’s quite sad to imagine AOTY going to a last year’s movie soundtrack. Isn’t there anyone fresher?

I’d rather see Billie taking AOTY instead of Gaga.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Daniel Lopes.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Daniel Lopes.
    Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

let’s all say something bad on Lover day

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

It’s quite sad to imagine AOTY going to a last year’s movie soundtrack. Isn’t there anyone fresher?

I’d rather see Billie taking AOTY instead of Gaga.

I love Billie Eilish’s debut album, but I don’t see her winning AOTY.

Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

I love Billie Eilish’s debut album, but I don’t see her winning AOTY.

i wonder why

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

The funny thing about the variety editors top song list is the fact that none of the 4 singles that Taylor has released so far didn’t make it. Which makes me question why Taylor would release Me as her first single. To say Lover could/can’t get an AOTY Nomination is kind of too early to tell if it can or can’t . Based on the singles that Taylor has released it has not been good sign for Lover. The material that “could” (and I emphasize that) get Taylor a GF Nomination is You Need To Calm Down for SOTY, especially the boost it’s going to get because of the VMAs. But that’s a stretch and has a chance it will not happen. I’ll take a listen to lover and see… so far an AOTY win is not going to happen considering there has been outstanding records released this year which have met the high standards or more that Golden Hour met last year, and Golden Hour was an outstanding album.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by MG.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by MG.
    Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

The funny thing about the variety editors top song list is the fact that none of the 4 singles that Taylor has released so far didn’t make it. Which makes me question why Taylor would release Me as her first single. To say Lover could/can’t get an AOTY Nomination is kind of too early to tell if it can or can’t . Based on the singles that Taylor has released it has not been good sign for Lover. The material that “could” (and I emphasize that) get Taylor a GF Nomination is You Need To Calm Down for SOTY, especially the boost it’s going to get because of the VMAs. But that’s a stretch and has a chance it will not happen. I’ll take a listen to lover and see… so far an AOTY win is not going to happen considering there has been outstanding records released this year which have met the high standards or more that Golden Hour met last year, and Golden Hour was an outstanding album.

We’ll see about that soon.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

No. Jay-Z’s label Roc Nation will be co-producing the Halftime show, and picking the performer. It’s obvious it will be a Roc Nation artist. Rihanna is likely as she will probably have a new era and album out by February.

Rihanna has already said she won’t do the Halftime show because of the whole Colin Kaepernick thing.

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

Lol. The song lover was able to make it in variety editors top song list for Lover album

From Chris Willman, an editor of variety
    Today’s top 10:
    1. I Think He Knows
    2. Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince
    3. False God
    4. Paper Rings
    5. Cruel Summer
    6. The Man
    7. Lover
    8. Cornelia Street
    9. Soon You’ll Get Better
    10. Afterglow

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 687 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.