Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 738 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Darren
Boz
  • supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

And I also have a feeling she’ll rerecord her entire catalogue then to make sure Scooter profits of it as little as possible. Perhaps the announcement could give her buzz to score more nominations. (This is very wild speculation on my side I know.)

Third post in a row, but you called it. She announced it to Billboard today.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Going out on a limb to predict that Lizzo will not be nominated for Album of the Year so her winning is nearly impossible.

Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real!  Lizzo will be receiving an Album of the Year nomination in November.

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

Here’s what the fans say about the 14 tracks from the Lover album and it looks like this album might improve from reputation:

Mr.S has posted descriptions of the tracks from the album and as we know, he is extremely reliable. These are not my descriptions, I am just reposting what is on ATRL.

1. I Forgot That You Existed is a poppy midtempo, with minimal production but still quite catchy. Lyrics wise, it’s a great opener.

Cruel Summer is a pop song, with elements of electro and retro vibe. Sorry to say it’s overhyped.
    3. The Man is A BOP! It’s still Taylor but elevated, interesting and super catchy production.

I Think He Knows is layered in minimal beats and have a big climax towards the end.

Miss Americana & the Heartbreak Prince can be a track in hopeless fountain kingdom, it sounds like Halsey and Lana mixed together. Swag and ethereal, the piano, the thumping drum, the vocal layering. One of the highlight.

Paper Rings is a fun country pop song, super fast super upbeat, you can hear a lil bit of ME! here so…

Cornelia Street sounds like a dream, so sweet. The song has a great building up to the chorus with retro electro pop sound

I Think He Knows is quite basic. So does Death By a Thousand Cuts. Song is overproduced in some parts.

London Boy is quite cute and fit the album perfectly, some part a bit corny though.

10. Soon You’ll Get Better (feat. Dixie Chicks) is really beautiful, it’s a country ballad song. She sings this beautifully, wow, it reminds me of her debut. This is the Taylor I love.

False God has some beautiful saxophone, a dreamy and romantic production. She tries to pull some sexy vocal here.
    15. Afterglow has amazing production, it sounds spacious, retro, thumping, airy. The electric guitar in the background sounds so good. It’s a midtempo but so catchy. She should make a whole album like this.

It’s Nice To Have a Friend is a cute song, with folk elements. The production is mixed with vocal harmony, ukulele(?), horn, bell.

Daylight shines with beautiful synth aided by gated reverb and some echo, it screams retro sound.

Most of the tracks in Lover was written by Jack Antonoff. I can’t wait how this album will play out tomorrow and I will give my honest music review on Lover album.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Matt90210.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Matt90210.
    Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

I will tell you that if the critics loves the Lover album like Golden Hour, then it will get AOTY. But, time will only tell tomorrow once I post my honest music review on this album. Also, please no posting of bad comments on my music review because it’s my opinion only about this album.

Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

I will tell you that if the critics loves the Lover album like Golden Hour, then it will get AOTY. But, time will only tell tomorrow once I post my honest music review on this album. Also, please no posting of bad comments on my music review because it’s my opinion only about this album.

Get off this site and go back to Twitter ma’am!

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

if they already awarded Golden Hour aoty then why would they give it to Lover……

y'all ugly and smelly

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Golden Hour sweetie I am so sorry. Im so sorry that an ugly ass bitch like this would even say that, oh my god.

y'all ugly and smelly

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

Get off this site and go back to Twitter ma’am!

No, I won’t.

Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Get lost, Taylor Swift fangirl!

emba_91
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Pop Duo/Group is probably the hardest to predict – too many possible nominees who are all strong contenders – if you had to name three most likely to win who would they be?

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Please post the Taylor-related stuff in the Taylor thread.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Here’s what the fans say about the 14 tracks from the Lover album and it looks like this album might improve from reputation:

Mr.S has posted descriptions of the tracks from the album and as we know, he is extremely reliable. These are not my descriptions, I am just reposting what is on ATRL.

1. I Forgot That You Existed is a poppy midtempo, with minimal production but still quite catchy. Lyrics wise, it’s a great opener.

Cruel Summer is a pop song, with elements of electro and retro vibe. Sorry to say it’s overhyped.
    3. The Man is A BOP! It’s still Taylor but elevated, interesting and super catchy production.

I Think He Knows is layered in minimal beats and have a big climax towards the end.

Miss Americana & the Heartbreak Prince can be a track in hopeless fountain kingdom, it sounds like Halsey and Lana mixed together. Swag and ethereal, the piano, the thumping drum, the vocal layering. One of the highlight.

Paper Rings is a fun country pop song, super fast super upbeat, you can hear a lil bit of ME! here so…

Cornelia Street sounds like a dream, so sweet. The song has a great building up to the chorus with retro electro pop sound

I Think He Knows is quite basic. So does Death By a Thousand Cuts. Song is overproduced in some parts.

London Boy is quite cute and fit the album perfectly, some part a bit corny though.

10. Soon You’ll Get Better (feat. Dixie Chicks) is really beautiful, it’s a country ballad song. She sings this beautifully, wow, it reminds me of her debut. This is the Taylor I love.

False God has some beautiful saxophone, a dreamy and romantic production. She tries to pull some sexy vocal here.
    15. Afterglow has amazing production, it sounds spacious, retro, thumping, airy. The electric guitar in the background sounds so good. It’s a midtempo but so catchy. She should make a whole album like this.

It’s Nice To Have a Friend is a cute song, with folk elements. The production is mixed with vocal harmony, ukulele(?), horn, bell.

Daylight shines with beautiful synth aided by gated reverb and some echo, it screams retro sound.

Most of the tracks in Lover was written by Jack Antonoff. I can’t wait how this album will play out tomorrow and I will give my honest music review on Lover album.

Miguel, no one gives a shit. Please keep this in the Taylor thread.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Pop Duo/Group is probably the hardest to predict – too many possible nominees who are all strong contenders – if you had to name three most likely to win who would they be?

Gaga/Cooper
    Sheeran/Bieber
    Mendes/Cabello

assuming all those people get nominated

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not convinced that “I Don’t Care” will be nominated in the end.

I do think “Dancing with a Stranger” will be. I think the song has held up well enough for voters to remember it.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 738 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.