Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 738 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Darren
Boz
  • reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see Gaga/Bradley getting into Pop Duo w I’ll Never Love Again. He’s in that version for like a hot second, and I don’t think it helps that they already won the category with a (much bigger) song from the movie last year.

I think they’ll give Gaga her oats in Pop Vocal instead, with either Always Remember Us or the solo version of I’ll Never Love Again… whichever is submitted/pushed.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Google 2003 Grammy predictions, you’ll find some, Norah wasn’t even mentioned as a top contender at all, only for BNA and some said that was a stretch. Many people were confused at how she managed to win since virtually no one knew who she was. Her album didn’t even reach #1 until A YEAR LATER.

Norah Jones wasn’t even on the level of Norah Jones….

This is a lie. Norah Jones was definitely on the Grammy radar, with exposure from Vh1 and MTV2 + she had strong critical support. She was a slowburner, but hardly an underdog. She was a virtual lock for BNA and ROTY but only surprised in AOTY. Bruce Springsteen had many mentions that year.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

This is a lie. Norah Jones was definitely on the Grammy radar, with exposure from Vh1 and MTV2 + she had strong critical support. She was a slowburner, but hardly an underdog. She was a virtual lock for BNA and ROTY but only surprised in AOTY. Bruce Springsteen had many mentions that year.

Yeah I know I got some things wrong but the point still stands, its hard to look at old Grammy achieves from 2003, but the ones that I did find didn’t mention Norah being a big winner, BNA was the only award she was expected to win but even then Avril was the favorite to win. Bruce was expected/favored to win for The Rising with was a song about 9/11 and Dont Know Why was predicted as a “should win” and not a “will win”.

But this is a situation that can very much happen this year…. when an expected winner is expected to win just to lose to an artist that no one expected, especially a new artist. This year is looking like it can be the year it happens again.

y'all ugly and smelly

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah I know I got some things wrong but the point still stands, its hard to look at old Grammy achieves from 2003, but the ones that I did find didn’t mention Norah being a big winner, BNA was the only award she was expected to win but even then Avril was the favorite to win. Bruce was expected/favored to win for The Rising with was a song about 9/11 and Dont Know Why was predicted as a “should win” and not a “will win”.

But this is a situation that can very much happen this year…. when an expected winner is expected to win just to lose to an artist that no one expected, especially a new artist. This year is looking like it can be the year it happens again.

Avril Lavigne was definitely not the favorite to win. She was predicted to be shut out thanks to the late hype train for Norah Jones. It was definitely supposed to be Bruce’s and Norah’s night. Norah Jones just so happened to overperform, but she was definitely predicted to be a top winner that night.

Paul Grein for example:
    http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=276820&title+GREIN-ON-GRAMMYS

I don’t think Billie Eilish is going to have a Norah Jones night. Not even close. She’s going to falter somewhere, but she will still do well enough.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Avril Lavigne was definitely not the favorite to win. She was predicted to be shut out thanks to the late hype train for Norah Jones. It was definitely supposed to be Bruce’s and Norah’s night. Norah Jones just so happened to overperform, but she was definitely predicted to be a top winner that night. Paul Grein for example: http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=276820&title+GREIN-ON-GRAMMYS 

I was going by this article https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/the-45th-annual-grammy-awards-winner-predictions/ there was another one but I literally can’t find it anymore, but the only GF she was expected to win was BNA any maybe ROTY. She didn’t start getting attention months after the release of Come Away With Me, while Billie had the attention before the album even came out…

I don’t think Billie Eilish is going to have a Norah Jones night. Not even close. She’s going to falter somewhere, but she will still do well enough.

I do, especially since mostly everyone here has been saying things that was said when Norah was nominated… She’s the type of artist that the Grammys love

y'all ugly and smelly

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

Get lost, Taylor Swift fangirl!

Hell no.

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

Miguel, no one gives a shit. Please keep this in the Taylor thread.

Fine go ahead

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

Tomorrow, I don’t want see anything bad on Lover day. Whatever happens whether the album is good or not, it doesn’t matter. What it matters is you enjoy. So, shame on you on all the haters.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Matt90210.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Matt90210.
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Tomorrow, I don’t want see anything bad on Lover day. Whatever happens whether it’s good or not, it doesn’t matter. What it matters is you enjoy her album.

Please shut up

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

Please shut up

No, I won’t…

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

No, I won’t…

Well, time to use that ignore button

daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s quite sad to imagine AOTY going to a last year’s movie soundtrack. Isn’t there anyone fresher?

I’d rather see Billie taking AOTY instead of Gaga.

Aaliyah
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, not to worry.  Even if Lady Gaga is nominated for Album of the Year, she is NOT winning.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

let’s all say something bad on Lover day

y'all ugly and smelly

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s quite sad to imagine AOTY going to a last year’s movie soundtrack. Isn’t there anyone fresher?

I’d rather see Billie taking AOTY instead of Gaga.

I love Billie Eilish’s debut album, but I don’t see her winning AOTY.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 738 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.