Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 738 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Darren
Boz
  • ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, I don’t remember it ever being officially credited as a Disclosure feature artist and not the production team. I’d be really surprised if the Grammys felt the need to do that. It would be like bad guy getting Pop Duo and Group because of Finneas.

It’s not a remix. The song was produced by them and it was originally credited as Khalid featuring Disclosure.

The reason I bring up the fact that it could possibly be placed in Pop Duo/Group instead of Pop Solo is because the Grammys have occasionally nominated artists who weren’t officially billed for their contributions (Nile Rodgers on “Get Lucky,” Drake & Swae Lee on “Sicko Mode,” Jack Johnson on “Gone Going” by the Black Eyed Peas, etc.).

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think it would happen; just throwing out the possibility.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

“A Star Is Born” by LadyGaga & Bradley Cooper is now eligible for 3x Platinum in the US.

The album is now the 4th album of 2019 to surpass 1 million units sold, within the US this year.

Billboard Hot 100: #1(+1) bad guy, billie [20 weeks]. *new peak*

news in the game.

James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but when songs are nominated for a Grammy, but lose the award to another song, can the songs that don’t win be submitted again later on? I am wondering this because of Tanya Tucker putting her own spin this year on the song that Miranda Lambert did first named “The House That Built Me”. It was nominated in early 2011 for Best Country Song, but it did not come out the winner. Can it be submitted again?

God bless you and Miranda and Miss T always!!!

Holly (a fan of Tanya since 1991)

P.S. Tanya’s copy of the song is from her new album named While I’m Livin” which hits the stores this Friday. (smiles)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but when songs are nominated for a Grammy, but lose the award to another song, can the songs that don’t win be submitted again later on? I am wondering this because of Tanya Tucker putting her own spin this year on the song that Miranda Lambert did first named “The House That Built Me”. It was nominated in early 2011 for Best Country Song, but it did not come out the winner. Can it be submitted again?

Not for Best Country Song, which is a songwriting award.

Tanya Tucker’s version can be nominated for Best Country Solo Performance.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie revealed in her V magazine interview that she’s working on an MV for Ilomilo.

She’s really bout to keep herself relevant all throughout this year and next year….

*V Magazine

y'all ugly and smelly

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Bruce Springsteen documentary Western Stars will be released theatrically this fall. Likely a contender for Best Music Film next year. He is in the running this year with the Springsteen On Broadway Netflix special.
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8527699/warner-bros-release-bruce-springsteen-documentary-western-stars

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Lover sounds like Kids Bop album so I dont think the “mature audience” argument would work this time around loll…and Taylor wouldn’t be hurting Gaga at all, in fact it looks like Gaga is hurting herself

Just for curiosity how is Gaga hurting herself

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Señorita is hiting #1 eventually

Its definetly going to be a contender on pop duo, the song is smashing, people Love it and have 2 of this year Grammy nominated artists

It’s going to be the GLY from this year

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  jowgbruno.
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie’s #1 and cover V magazine on the end of this month were perfectly in sync with the moment, if there was any doubt she would be aoty nominated before I believe it is now over

I don’t see anyone else with this perfect momentum right now, Just maybe ASIB’s victory on ACM award for their contribution to country music, in the next 2 days will help in a similar way either

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Just for curiosity how is Gaga hurting herself

Not mentioning it after the Oscars. They could’ve done so many things with this and didn’t. This didn’t happen when it came to Bodyguard and Saturday Night Fever.

y'all ugly and smelly

James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Not for Best Country Song, which is a songwriting award.

Tanya Tucker’s version can be nominated for Best Country Solo Performance.

Thank you. (smiles)

God bless you and Miss T always!!!

Holly

P.S. “Need You Now” was the Grammy winner over “The House That Built Me”.

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

6 GOD
    Participant
    Topics:

Señorita is hiting #1 eventually Its definetly going to be a contender on pop duo, the song is smashing, people Love it and have 2 of this year Grammy nominated artists It’s going to be the GLY from this year

It’s performing exceptionally well on radio callouts. All demographics are loving the song. I think it’s not only going to be a contender for a win in Pop Duo, but also in ROTY. It’s far more appealing (and about to be more successful) than Bad Guy.

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Not mentioning it after the Oscars. They could’ve done so many things with this and didn’t. This didn’t happen when it came to Bodyguard and Saturday Night Fever.

Very true, not promoting a new single was Something very stupid on Gaga’s Team

The good thing it’s, even though the album didnt have other oficial singles on the US, some of the tracks hold up very well

And since we are in a very weak year without a powerfull nom 100% certain of victory, that’s Lucky

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

“Talk” is more of an R&B Song. “Better” would fit better in Pop.

Wasn’t “Better” submitted last year, which would make it ineligible this year? If not, I would root for “Better” to be a Pop Solo nominee.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 738 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.