Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 697 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +41 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Darren
Boz
  • Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

Please

Stop

With

The

Rep

Snub

Thing

It’s ridiculous

Okay

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

So far, the Metacritic score for Lover is 80 with 10 reviews, so there are 18 or 19 left. Even in the weak year in pop music, I feel like that she will win AOTY for the third time to avenge from last year’s reputation snub.

you’re ridiculous

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie can split votes with Ariana in AOTY and Ariana had 2 hits with #1 too.

billie is the singer-songwriter ingenue, ariana is the critically acclaimed pop blockbuster, they don’t necessarily attract the same votes

cheyenne lee
    Participant
    Topics:

I honestly think they’ll snub Lover in the general field but that Taylor will win for Best Pop Vocal Album seeing as though it’ll most likely end up as being the best selling album of the year, as well as one of its best reviewed pop albums.

PS: the album is pretty good.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know why Swifties want her to get another AOTY nom and possible win. So she can be hated more than ever? It seems short-sighted imo.

The Grammy’s understand that it’ll hurt their image if she wins a third time, especially with this album.

I feel like TS shouldn’t win AoTY again until underawarded artists like Beyoncé, Gaga and Kendrick get their due first.

cheyenne lee
    Participant
    Topics:

With that being said, if the sales for Lover are extraordinary and if the critical acclaim continues/ is raised (Metacritic of at least an 86), I can see it edging out Ariana from the general field (I say this as one of Ariana’s biggest fans). If that happens, Ariana will probably end up winning Best Pop Vocal Album again and Billie will win AOTY (leaving Lover as a snubbed nomination)

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Or Billie just wins Pop Album? Ariana just repeats? Reputation was also the best selling album of the category and lost.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling the Grammy’s will try to be inclusive this year.

TS may get a GF nod, but the committee will be strategic. They’ll give her the nod in SoTY most likely, not AoTY.

With that being, I see her being really competitive in Pop Album against Billie. Ariana might’ve just slipped to #3 in my odds. The freshness of “Lover” helps her in this case as Reputation was hurt by being old news and overshadowed by newer releases like sweetener.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

With that being said, if the sales for Lover are extraordinary and if the critical acclaim continues/ is raised (Metacritic of at least an 86), I can see it edging out Ariana from the general field (I say this as one of Ariana’s biggest fans). If that happens, Ariana will probably end up winning Best Pop Vocal Album again and Billie will win AOTY (leaving Lover as a snubbed nomination)

Taylor Swift might get AOTY and she could pull a Bruno Mars situation like last year when he won AOTY for this mediocre 24k Magic album against Kendrick and Lorde. Talent always wins.

JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

Doesn’t matter if Swift gets in AOTY, she’s not winning anyway, so there’s no issue in letting her in. The Grammys will get a performance of a song she chooses and they won’t be hated by the children because of a snub.

Taylor Wikoff
    Participant
    Topics:

As much people here hate her and want to see her and other strong women fail in any way so they can feel like they’ve accomplished something with their lives, Taylor just became a factor this Grammy cycle. Lover is a very good album and is looking to have some of the best reviews of her career. Did she kill any possible early momentum with questionable single choices? Yes, but the album is still getting great reviews and if she plays her cards right and releases a strong single that catches on, she could very well get into AOTY.

It’s a weak field with only 3-5 albums that look like they’re particularly likely to get in with the rest of the spaces being free-for-alls. So far it has an 80 on metacritic, IGOR and WWAFAWDWG both have an 81 for comparison. The argument that she’s not acclaimed enough while albums like those are deeply beloved by critics is bogus since it’s a difference by 1 point. Face it, the album is on par in terms of acclaim with many other contenders despite the weak singles. A difference in 1 or 2 points isn’t significant and you’re delusional if you think it is and it will sell extremely well.

MrOceanBlueEyes
    Participant
    Topics:

FAVORITED

Ain’t happening they can’t afford Taylor winning a 3rd time so soon especially as M pointed out Gaga nor Kendrick have won, Beyonce has a win in the GF,

ROTY seems unlikely unless in these two weeks Lover (the song) blows or has a stable top 10 hit. That being said SOTY seems a more safe bet for her especially because if they want to reward her in the GF next year that could be it, Maybe we could include the pop categories and the country field if she submits Soon You’ll Get Better

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

Ain’t happening they can’t afford Taylor winning a 3rd time so soon especially as M pointed out Gaga nor Kendrick have won, Beyonce has a win in the GF,

ROTY seems unlikely unless in these two weeks Lover blows or has a stable top 10 hit. That being said SOTY seems a more safe bet for her especially because if they want to reward her in the GF next year that could be it, Maybe we could include the pop categories and the country field if she submits Soon You’ll Get Better

Lover will be favored to win AOTY, but we have to wait for the official AOTY nominees by November. As I said, there is a real chance that Taylor could pull a Bruno Mars upset win like last year.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Or Billie just wins Pop Album? Ariana just repeats? Reputation was also the best selling album of the category and lost.

Exactly. I don’t see how Taylor Swift became a factor when both Billie and Ariana have more buzz, more succesful eras, and more acclaim. Taylor will sell well as she always does and evaporate out of the public conversation. It also doesn’t help that she has no narrative whatsoever – this is just another Beautiful Trauma.

The only place I could see her getting in the GF is SOTY, and even there, they might skip over (better) songs.

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, you are an idiot! Taylor Swift does NOT have any chance of winning. The blue-ribbon committee will block Loser just like they did Craputation to ensure that the heffer won’t win a third time in AOTY. I don’t know what part of that you don’t understand.

No, you’re wrong. Are you dumb?

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 697 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.