Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 687 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Darren
Boz
  • John_White38
    Participant
    Topics:

The Fame actually made an impact on Pop music. It’s an iconic album, regardless of your opinion on it or Lady Gaga. Fearless obviously sold a lot, but it really didn’t change anything or made that much of a lasting impact on the musical landscape.

That’s kinda true! But Fearless is still a bigger album, it’s Diamond in US and while The Fame is 3x Platinum. Fearless brought back country-pop to charts and also popularized country genre to other countries outside of US. The Fame is more inovative while Fearless is better written as a whole album.

haimclub
    Participant
    Topics:

‘Lover AOTY winner’ lol. Taylor Swift isn’t Adele.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

What we’re not gonna do is act like the last Beyonce nods and Kendricks nods weren’t impactful as well. Both were best sellers and critically acclaimed pieces of arts and lost to the same type of music… this says a lot.

Where did I say that Beyonce and Kendrick nods weren’t impactful?

In the same sentence, I actually said all 3 are the most overdue right now. I don’t base my opinion based on who I stan and I like.

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

fearless opened up the mass market for female singer-songwriters who write in a more intimate, diaristic fashion, she established a “type” and in the long term it became the reason acts like kacey musgraves and billie eilish can get major record deals

haimclub
    Participant
    Topics:

fearless opened up the mass market for female singer-songwriters who write in a more intimate, diaristic fashion, she established a “type” and in the long term it became the reason acts like kacey musgraves and billie eilish can get major record deals

Poor Amy Winehouse

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

The only time Gaga lost that was definitely fair and square is when she lost to Adele. Other than that, no.

The Fame‘s lyrics are too shallow(no pun intended) to win AOTY and Grammy voters like real instrumentation. And not only she was too new to overcome that bias, she was also too scandalous and that’s why Bey and Taylor won GF categories with less impact over her. The Fame Monster was an EP/re-issue and was #4, considering Lady Antebellum won 5 awards including ROTY and SOTY and Eminem was the only Rap nominee with the best-selling album of the bunch. Born This Way had a frontloaded af era and the album itself was uneven. She was never runner-up.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Sis I love you but this is a reach.

haimclub
    Participant
    Topics:

The Fame‘s lyrics are too shallow(no pun intended) to win AOTY and Grammy voters like real instrumentation. And not only she was too new to overcome that bias, she was also too scandalous and that’s why Bey and Taylor won GF categories with less impact over her. The Fame Monster was an EP/re-issue and was #4, considering Lady Antebellum won 5 awards including ROTY and SOTY and Eminem was the only Rap nominee with the best-selling album of the bunch. Born This Way had a frontloaded af era and the album itself was uneven. She was never runner-up.

The runner-up in 2012 was Wasting light by Foo Fighters.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I disagree, but I don’t think this argument of “impact” holds any water. Gaga was more impactful because she kept doing scandalous stuff. Of course she would be more visible than other acts that didn’t rely on the same gimmicks.

Grammy voters saw through that and there’s the reason why Taylor won. She had huge sales with something that wasn’t racy and over-the-top. And the music itself was way more Grammy-friendly.

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

Poor Amy Winehouse

how about alanis morissette

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

Sis I love you but this is a reach.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

im telling you Bey and Ken are prime examples of overdue winners and its 100% not because I like them. You can google Top Grammy Snubs and you’ll see both of them appear on many lists. While Gaga is nowhere to be found, because she was never snubbed… Gaga lost to albums that sold more and had more acclaim and honestly just albums that were better. No one except you thought The Fame/Monster losing were unfair, especially since Fearless and The Suburbs were predicted to be big winners anyway. Gaga wasn’t even second place to either of her loses.

TFM deserved AOTY, this album is totally different from anything else and changed the way people consumed music without him or his iconic clips, the world of streaming would not exist.

And TFM was the best selling album of 2010 6kk

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s kinda true! But Fearless is still a bigger album, it’s Diamond in US and while The Fame is 3x Platinum. Fearless brought back country-pop to charts and also popularized country genre to other countries outside of US. The Fame is more inovative while Fearless is better written as a whole album.

oh please TF is a readable diamond, in 2009 it sold 6kk WW and keeps sales stable to this day.

haimclub
    Participant
    Topics:

And TFM was the best selling album of 2010 6kk

IFPI: Recovery by Eminem confirmed as 2010’s Top Selling Global Album

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/473767/eminems-recovery-is-2010s-best-selling-album-katy-perrys-california-gurls-top

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m surprised that Paul hasn’t come and closed this thread yet considering how long it is.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 687 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.