Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 738 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Darren
Boz
  • Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Not mentioning it after the Oscars. They could’ve done so many things with this and didn’t. This didn’t happen when it came to Bodyguard and Saturday Night Fever.

I don’t really see what the point would be when the movie alone did a good job of giving sales/streams to the would-have-been singles “Always Remember Us This Way” and “I’ll Never Love Again”. No point in oversaturating the market, especially since she’s working on a new album.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Wasn’t “Better” submitted last year, which would make it ineligible this year?

Nope

These were Khalid’s submissions last year:

OTW – ROY, SOY
    Love Lies – ROY, SOY, RB Perf, RB Song, Song/VM, MVid
    This Way – Song/VM
    Floating – ROY, SOY, RB Perf, RB Song
    Eastside – ROY, SOY, Pop DG, MVid
    Trippin’ – ROY, SOY, Rap/Sung
    Ocean – ROY, SOY, Pop DG, MVid
    Youth – Pop DG
    No Pain – RB Song

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Cool. I’m glad it’s eligible. I would love for it to pop up in Pop Solo.

ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

Talk did better on the Pop charts and Better lasted longer on the R&B charts. Talk is more upbeat and feels poppier and I feel they’ll lean that way.

“Talk” is more of an R&B Song. “Better” would fit better in Pop.

Wasn’t “Better” submitted last year, which would make it ineligible this year? If not, I would root for “Better” to be a Pop Solo nominee.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

“Better” did not chart in the top 40 on either urban or urban AC radio. “Talk” was a #1 hit on both formats. Both songs were hits on pop radio. Which is all the more reason they should go with “Talk” in the R&B categories, especially since the nominations review committee for the R&B field prefers urban AC hits.

crobaticaa
    Participant
    Topics:

I would be surpised if Señorita is not nominated for pop duo… I dont see the reason for them to ignore the song if it’s doing so well and have 2 artists that were previously nominated

and like others said I think the song could be nominated in other categories too….it really came out at the right time

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

“Seasons” by Khalid and 6LACK will probably be submitted in Rap Sung or R&B Perf/Song as well.

Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep dreaming!  “Senorita” is NOT a contender to win Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.  It falls under the same category as previous watered-down, generic top 5 trash (see “Girls Like You”).  It’ll get nominated and lose.

Dan Costa
    Participant
    Topics:

omg lol so other than ariana grande, billie eilish, and señorita getting nominated for everything, who else will get nominated in the general field and/or pop field?

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  Dan Costa.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  Dan Costa.
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo will be nominated in several General Field categories. Everyone else is up for grabs.

Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

Truth Hurts is as (if not more) of a meme novelty song than Old Town Road. Old Town Road is getting in both GF categories.

Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real!  “Truth Hurts” is NOT a meme/noveltry song.

Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! “Truth Hurts” is NOT a meme/noveltry song.

Sorry, but Truth Hurts is not a serious, well-written song. It’s a fun, rap/sung meme song, it became popular because it was featured in a movie scene. It falls in line with In My Feelings, Old Town Road, Panda, Black Beatles, Lucid Dreams, and also now Ransom, aka songs that are popular but nobody thinks they are great or Grammy-worthy. It’s no Humble, This is America, All The Stars, Formation. It’s a fun song from 2017. It’s not winning any Grammys and probably won’t get nominated in the GF.

Old Town Road broke so many records, that’s why it should be taken as a threat.

Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Wrong!  “Truth Hurts” is easily getting nominated in ROTY and/or SOTY. It will likely win Best Rap/Sung Performance.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Basically, any song right now can be considered a “meme song.” “Hello” by Adele was also a “meme song.” This is the digital/streaming era. The youngsters will turn anything into a meme, which is not hard to do.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 738 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.