Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 687 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
DYNASTY
Darren
M
  • Profile picture
    jowgbruno
    Topics:

People, Beyonce hasn’t won AOTY simply because Self-Titled and Lemonade are nothing without the visual stuff. Also this songwriting thing just make she looks fake af. She didn’t write a thing, the songs by themselves are no big deal, and in the end of the day she tries to push a narrative of a personal album, bullshit.

Exactly, imagine doing a album about feminism, Racism and Something so personal as a broked marriage but most of the Songs were made by White dudes

One cannot but only feels that there’s Something very wrong there

Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

The fact that Lemonade had over 50 writers was shocking. Beyonce was barely involved in the creation of the album.

It didn’t have 50 writers. Those credits included co-writer, co-producers, and sampling credits.
    If she didn’t include these she would have to go through that Katy went through with dark horse recently.

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    6 GOD
    Topics:

Exactly, imagine doing a album about feminism, Racism and Something so personal as a broked marriage but most of the Songs were made by White dudes

One cannot but only feels that there’s Something very wrong there

If you actually look at Lemonade’s writers, you would see that a large majority of the white men are from samples. More than half of the actual writers on the album are POC.

Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

People, Beyonce hasn’t won AOTY simply because Self-Titled and Lemonade are nothing without the visual stuff. Also this songwriting thing just make she looks fake af. She didn’t write a thing, the songs by themselves are no big deal, and in the end of the day she tries to push a narrative of a personal album, bullshit.

Lemonade has the 2nd highest scoring album in 2016 on MC and #1 on AOTY.org. If you read the reviews, none of them mentioned anything about the visual aspect… ST and Lemonade very much worked album wise.

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

The fact that Lemonade had over 50 writers was shocking. Beyonce was barely involved in the creation of the album.

I never got this drag (and I’m not surprised that it’s from an Aaliyah stan). More than half of the credited writers (the “white men” that Swifties and Little Monstrosities love to use) are from samples. Even if the sample is used for a short part of the song, it’s still credited. That’s why people like Katy Perry are losing their cases because they don’t credit. 50 people did not actually write Lemonade. That’s like saying “Ariana needed 10 people to write a terrible song like 7 rings!” when it is heavily sampled. 10 people did not actually write 7 rings.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Why are some posters acting like Beyoncé goes around screaming “I write and produce my own songs” in every interview. She’s not Nicki Minaj.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

If half the song is already written due to the sample, and u still need 5 writers for the non sampled half, how is that any better lmao.

Because Beyoncé credits anyone who is even breathing in the same room…

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

Get real! Lady Gaga deserved to lose Album of the Year all 3 times. The Fame, The Fame Monster, and Born This Way are NOT very good. She only got nominated due to her over-the-top costumes and gimmicks.

Gaga is David Bowie of our generation, shut up.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

So how did Adele and Taylor win twice if Grammy’s are not Billboards????

Because having hit albums and hit singles helps, but it’s not the end-all-be-all.

Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

Has ASIB won a CMA Awards is a good sign about how country voters can embrace the album or won’t it matter???

Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

Has ASIB won a CMA Awards is a good sign about how country voters can embrace the album or won’t it matter???

Why did I think that was Katy in the pfp and not Adele omggg.

but the countries voters will embrace it anyway most likely

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

Is this a joke? Gaga can really send all the gays into orbit of imagination with a mere “f” tweet. I bet it was a misclick or a typo lmao

gays want a new successful dance album Lolll

Profile picture
    Chfrik
    Topics:

Billie live performances are awful and tragic so far

It’s becoming very meme-ish

Don’t know how that can harm her Grammy odds

But considering Taylor is a Grammy darling and doesn’t have a good performances history either, makes me think that they don’t care about that

Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

Why did I think that was Katy in the pfp and not Adele omggg. but the countries voters will embrace it anyway most likely

everyone is finding Adele look like Katy lol

if Taylor can’t get a nomination, I believe Gaga will get 60% of the pop votes, even with Ari and Billie, with the help of the country where she must even win AOTY

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 687 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.