Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 738 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Darren
Boz
  • Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The last few pages have been off on a ridiculous tangent and if I didn’t know, it would’ve seemed like this was a “Why did X lose this and X win this” type of thread. Mess.

I feel like if songwriting were the end all, be all then people like Mariah Carey, India.arie, Alicia Keys would’ve been AOTY winners. Ironically, for all of her overpraised songwriting, Taylor Swift has also never won SOTY (she lost to Single Ladies of all things lol. Blank Space was praised for the lyrics and lost to a basic love/wedding song). This also applies to rappers since someone as universally raved as Kendrick Lamar hasn’t won the GF categories. So their losses boil down to more than “songwriting”.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Expect something from Gaga. She tweeted “F” on twitter.

Is this a joke?

Gaga can really send all the gays into orbit of imagination with a mere “f” tweet. I bet it was a misclick or a typo lmao

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Is this a joke? Gaga can really send all the gays into orbit of imagination with a mere “f” tweet. I bet it was a misclick or a typo lmao

BloodPop liked the tweet.

ally is shaking

y'all ugly and smelly

Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you think that if Beyonce was more of a songwriter she might have won an AOTY, I feel like thats where she is really lacking. Taylor and Adele have the songwriting aspect. It could also be a genre issue since 1989 and 25 were “safe choices”. I dont want to say the Grammys are racist lol but I see why some people think that. Curious to hear your take.

Honey, no! Beyoncé’s lack of songwriting isn’t the reason why she loses AOTY. Old white voter dudes from Idaho and Iowa are NOT going to vote for Beyoncé due to the color of her skin. Race plays an important role in determining winners. The Grammys need a different voting system and a different set of voters.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé won SOTY, so I really don’t think this race bias applies to her to that extent. She’s too big, obviously there are a lot of voters voting against her because she’s a powerful black woman, but she proved that she can win.

She didn’t win AOTY for IASF because Fearless was more successful in the US and, let’s be honest, it was a better album.

She didn’t win AOTY for Self-Titled because she didn’t promote it and the album had no huge hits, only DIL was a minor one(I always knew it wouldn’t touch the GF). The fact that Sam Smith had his debut in the same year also didn’t help because he’s the type of artist Grammys always like to shower with trophies. There was a vote split between all the mainstream contenders, specially Bey and Sam, leading to Beck winning. Blame it on the comittee AND on Beyoncé refusing to promote the album. Had it won, it would be thanks solely to the release strategy, which happened more than one whole year before. I always knew it was vulnerable and there’s a huge possibility Sam was the runner-up because we all know how much Grammy voters love sweeps and he won ROTY, SOTY and BNA.

Lemonade didn’t win because Adele is unbeatable and again, she had no hits, although she promoted the album well enough this time.

So the only shady loss was Self-Titled, exactly the album she refused to promote. It was only natural that she lost because of that, and because it was too old when it was nominated. 1989 was even more old but it had multiple hits, multiple live performances, etc, it was alive during the whole year. 25 had a huge #1 hit and HUUUUUUUUUGE sales. So it’s not really comparable.

Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol this is basically ATRL now.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Nicki Minaj would like to talk. She’s wondering why she couldn’t get an AoTY nod based on that.

She’s black and a rapper. Of course being outrageous is more of a downside for her than it was for Gaga, a white and blonde popstar.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

The runner-up in 2012 was Wasting light by Foo Fighters.

Obviously, and if Adele wasn’t such a lock, they would have won. That’s why the comittee nominated 4 Pop Album nominees, to make sure that Adele would have no outside competition and would be a consensus choice. If she had lost, it would’ve been to the outlier.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey The Fame is almost Diamond eligible in US if it’s not already, it sold more than 15M pure copies WW and changed music Forever Lets not pretend here

1) After 11 years, unlike Fearless

2) LMAO

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

On my second listen to Lover album, I rate it 8.5/10 despite the album being too long a bit. As of now, the Metacrtic score still remains at 80 with 12 music reviews from the critics and the user rating score is at 9.3/10 and it looks crazy numbers from the users.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  Matt90210.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  Matt90210.
    Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s black and a rapper. Of course being outrageous is more of a downside for her than it was for Gaga, a white and blonde popstar.

Lady Gaga started doing it in a more cassual climate tho. Nicki did it when it was already starting to be the norm. The big difference was that Gaga knows when she had to be respectful, she will bleed to dead at a MTV show but she would never have done an an exorcism at the Grammy’s.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

BloodPop liked the tweet. ally is shaking

Yesterday rumors popped up of Gaga doing a surprise drop in september, which I didn’t believe. But now the ‘f’ right after it. We’ll see if she continues this on Twitter. If she releases an other album in Q4, the success of it will def have an impact on her chances for AOTY this year.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Expect something from Gaga. She tweeted “F” on twitter.

What if she tweets “r” today, “i” tomorrow, “d” the next day etc until it spells out “Friday” and she releases the lead single next Friday 🧐.

Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

What if she tweets “r” today, “i” tomorrow, “d” the next day etc until it spells out “Friday” and she releases the lead single next Friday 🧐.

NOOOOOOOO! She’s a clown if she releases before the eligibility period is over!

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

NOOOOOOOO! She’s a clown if she releases before the eligibility period is over!

Not really if it’s only a song.

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 738 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.