Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 872 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +35 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Matt90210
Boz
  • chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

Personally, I don’t think any of these fan-obsessed women (Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish) are winning Album of the Year. Out of the 3, I would say Billie has the widest appeal, but she’s brand new.

I feel like a veteran or indie rock act will be winning this year. Bruce or Gary or Vampire Weekend, etc. No way will the Recording Academy give Taylor a 3rd Album of the Year trophy when Bruce Springsteen (who is in contention) hasn’t won a first yet. Also, watch out for Sheryl Crow’s final album of duets… if for no other reason then all the industry support she will have from the various genres of artists featured on her album (roots/Americana, hip-hop, pop, country, rock).

I agree that if Bruce gets nominated, he’ll win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s William *Eyelish

Damn I didn’t know a 17 year old can make someone seethe so much…

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Springsteen would be a huge threat to win, if he gets nominated. But are they going to nominate him?

He’s had an amazing year, but David Bowie had a combination of commercial success, resounding critical acclaim, an overdue narrative (having only won one Grammy in his lifetime for a music video), and sympathy for his death, and they still passed over him. Lionel Richie had a massively successful collaborative country crossover album (which checks almost every Grammy box) and they passed over him.

It seems like the days of them giving AOTY nominations to veteran acts for them to easily win as quasi-lifetime achievement awards (Robert Plant, U2, Ray Charles, Steely Dan) are over.

ReplyCopy URL
    John_White38
    Participant
    Topics:

After the BB article, Lover might not be far off for a nod at least. I feel like they’ll only add it so the Academy doesn’t get death threats from the swifites again like when they didn’t nominate Rep. But Taylor being included with Paul Simon, Stevie, And Frank looks so out of place and no one will take is seriously. *talking about AOTY.

Nobody thinks Taylor will win AOTY. She

ReplyCopy URL
    reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

Damn I didn’t know a 17 year old can make someone seethe so much…

I- …. who’s seething? Huh? Is everyone else’s chances allowed to be questioned besides William’s? The sheer irony of that statement when it’s clearly Taylor Alison Swift that has the girls “seething” is too much!

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

ReplyCopy URL
    Saket fedex
    Participant
    Topics:

Nobody thinks Taylor will win AOTY. She

You all told same thing about 1989 too.  You guys only know to hate.  Respect music please. It’s not about inclusion in the list of legends like Stevie Wonder but it’s about album made in that eligibility period,  if the album is good it deserves otherwise not.  And lover is a lyrical masterpiece and it deserves nomination.  For win we have to wait till Lana Del Rey album drops…..

Saket Fedex

ReplyCopy URL
    Saket fedex
    Participant
    Topics:

Moreover we still lacks a women in that list of 3 AOTYs.  Taylor will be the first to win 3 album of the year awards…

Stop hating artists….

Saket Fedex

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I- …. who’s seething? Huh? Is everyone else’s chances allowed to be questioned besides William’s? The sheer irony of that statement when it’s clearly Taylor Alison Swift that has the girls “seething” is too much!

you’re questioning someone’s chances who’s been literally a front runner before the album even came out. And just became bigger and bigger over time….

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Taylor Swift will NOT become the first woman to win 3 Album of the Year Grammy Awards.

Yeah that woman is going to be Adele.

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

I do think ASIB has a better chance than all popstars we have now in the running, but still I think other genre is winning this time.
    Talking about this, someone has a list of other possibilities? I keep forgetting people, and critical acclaim albums are always a possibility.

ReplyCopy URL
    Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie has more adult appeal than Ariana imo. You can put Billie between rock acts at a festival and she wouldn’t be out of place. I can see her having a Lana Del Rey type of career where she won’t be on the top of the charts all the time but still keeps a relevance and ability to tour the world.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

“High Hopes (Live)” was released as a single this past Friday. There’s our Pop Duo/Group winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Everybody: debating if Lover could possibly have a shot at getting an AOTY nomination

This Taylor stan: she’s winning without competition

Like chill. Not everyone is a Taylor hater yet we all agree her chances aren’t great this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

has more adult appeal than Ariana imo. You can put Billie between rock acts at a festival and she wouldn’t be out of place. I can see her having a Lana Del Rey type of career where she won’t be on the top of the charts all the time but still keeps a relevance and ability to to

PANIC! at the Disco should pull a Sade and just submit to the solo performance.

The group is pretty much just Brendan Urie at this point.

ReplyCopy URL
    brokehomeboy
    Participant
    Topics:

Chances of Megan getting any noms and in which categories?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 872 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.