Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 863 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Matt90210
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

I- …. who’s seething? Huh? Is everyone else’s chances allowed to be questioned besides William’s? The sheer irony of that statement when it’s clearly Taylor Alison Swift that has the girls “seething” is too much!

you’re questioning someone’s chances who’s been literally a front runner before the album even came out. And just became bigger and bigger over time….

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JasonLannister
    Topics:

Get real! Taylor Swift will NOT become the first woman to win 3 Album of the Year Grammy Awards.

Yeah that woman is going to be Adele.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JasonLannister
    Topics:

I do think ASIB has a better chance than all popstars we have now in the running, but still I think other genre is winning this time.
    Talking about this, someone has a list of other possibilities? I keep forgetting people, and critical acclaim albums are always a possibility.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

Billie has more adult appeal than Ariana imo. You can put Billie between rock acts at a festival and she wouldn’t be out of place. I can see her having a Lana Del Rey type of career where she won’t be on the top of the charts all the time but still keeps a relevance and ability to tour the world.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

“High Hopes (Live)” was released as a single this past Friday. There’s our Pop Duo/Group winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

Everybody: debating if Lover could possibly have a shot at getting an AOTY nomination

This Taylor stan: she’s winning without competition

Like chill. Not everyone is a Taylor hater yet we all agree her chances aren’t great this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

has more adult appeal than Ariana imo. You can put Billie between rock acts at a festival and she wouldn’t be out of place. I can see her having a Lana Del Rey type of career where she won’t be on the top of the charts all the time but still keeps a relevance and ability to to

PANIC! at the Disco should pull a Sade and just submit to the solo performance.

The group is pretty much just Brendan Urie at this point.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    brokehomeboy
    Topics:

Chances of Megan getting any noms and in which categories?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Fall lineup for Austin City Limits on PBS:

October 5 – Gary Clark Jr.
    October 12 – Maggie Rogers
    October 19 – Steve Earle & The Dukes: A Tribute to Guy Clark
    October 26 – H.E.R.
    November 2 – Patty Griffin / The Revivalists
    November 9 – Vampire Weekend
    November 16 – Kane Brown / Colter Wall
    November 23 – ACL Presents Americana 18th Annual Honors

Gary Clark Jr.’s episode will air during first-round voting, which is from 9/25 to 10/10.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John_White38
    Topics:

Billie has more adult appeal than Ariana imo. You can put Billie between rock acts at a festival and she wouldn’t be out of place. I can see her having a Lana Del Rey type of career where she won’t be on the top of the charts all the time but still keeps a relevance and ability to tour the world.

No way! Adults don’t care for Billie and most of parents wouldn’t even let their child listen to “Bury A Friend”. Imagine showing “Bury A Friend” or “You Should See Me In A Crown” music videos to your mother or grandparents. Grammy voters are usually older white dudes which would prefer Ariana and Taylor over Billie. Lorde has a similar sound but her music wasn’t that “edgy” and “depressing”.

Billie is so so overrated on this forums!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Adults don’t care for Billie

That explains why her celebrity fans include Julia Roberts, Melissa McCarthy, Paul McCartney, and Dave Grohl, right?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

No way! Adults don’t care for Billie and most of parents wouldn’t even let their child listen to “Bury A Friend”. Imagine showing “Bury A Friend” or “You Should See Me In A Crown” music videos to your mother or grandparents. Grammy voters are usually older white dudes which would prefer Ariana and Taylor over Billie. Lorde has a similar sound but her music wasn’t that “edgy” and “depressing”. Billie is so so overrated on this forums!

Even if they’re white and old, voters are mostly creative people and artists, not soccer moms. Sure there’s a conservative part aswell but you don’t need to convince everybody to vote for you.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

This whole adult thing is so irrelevant. Ariana won last year and her fan base is mostly teenagers and young adults, so I don’t see what holds Billie (whose fan base is also teenagers and young adults) back.

I also don’t see why this would somehow benefit Taylor, aka the woman that had “Hey kids, spelling is fun!” on her lead single.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

“High Hopes (Live)” was released as a single this past Friday. There’s our Pop Duo/Group winner.

I feel like the song has aged a bit though. This feels like a Havana situation.

My bet is still on either Sucker or Señorita.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

I feel like the song has aged a bit though. This feels like a Havana situation. My bet is still on either Sucker or Señorita.

Shawn Mendes or the Jonas Brothers. Who would have thought a few years ago these would be our frontrunners in 2019.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 863 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.