Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 863 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Matt90210
Boz
  • Tretastic
    Participant
    Topics:

So I scrolled thru some of the Grammy categories and put together a best case scenario for Beyonce’s submissions for the 2020 Grammys. Even tho she didnt have a studio album, with two side released she should become a major contender to add some credibility to this year’s Grammy  it’s a pretty weak year in every category  and everything will go either way this year.

Here my predictions:

Spirit- ROY, SOY, Pop Vocal Performance, music vid

The Gift: AOY, Soundtrack Album (there’s 2 not sure which one it will fall in)

Homecoming Live: Music Film, AOY, Urb Comtemp Album

Brown Skinned Girl – R&B perform, R&B Song

Mood 4 eva – Rap/sung Perfomance

Before I Let Go- Traditional R&B perf.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Question – is Normani eligible for BNA? Camila was disqualified because of 5H but I saw hits daily double predict her for BNA so I’m confused

Normani is not eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if “Truth Hurts” could possibly be the SOTY, though? A two-year-old song that finally caught wind and is easily quotable? I think it’s possible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Truth Hurts is possible for Song but it’ll work better in Record because it’s so quotable and memorable. Its not lyrically strong imo to be in song, but neither is Bad Guy so we’ll see….

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Truth Hurts is possible for Song but it’ll work better in Record because it’s so quotable

Wouldn’t that make it more of a SOTY contender?

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Is “Old Town Road” headed towards a Best Music Video nomination? In the last 10 years, only one video that won the VMA for Best Direction (“Make Some Noise” by the Beastie Boys) didn’t get nominated for the Grammy.

ReplyCopy URL
    supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Is “Old Town Road” headed towards a Best Music Video nomination? In the last 10 years, only one video that won the VMA for Best Direction (“Make Some Noise” by the Beastie Boys) didn’t get nominated for the Grammy.

i would think so. it was definitely a Moment when it came out and a lot of people who hated the song really enjoyed the MV. wouldn’t be a surprise to see it there, but i doubt it would win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Carlos Luis Turmero
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t wanna say that Truth Hurts has less chances in SOTY because last year many people didn’t predict All the Stars for that category (myself included) and look what happened.

I think Ariana is gonna put 7 Rings for ROTY and Thank U Next for SOTY, but I agree with most of the people, she should submit TUN for both categories.

Someone You Loved is the dark horse for SOTY, it’s getting higher on the charts at the right time, same case with Señorita and its chances for ROTY.

I’m glad to see various predictions with God’s Country in it, that to me it’s the best country song of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Looks like NFR! is getting rave reviews

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point, I think “Truth Hurts” gets into both Record & Song of the Year. There are only a handful of contenders that I feel would be solid for both categories this year, but that is truly one of THE singles of the year.

“Old Town Road” is probably good for both categories as well. I’m sure most people will not be predicting it in Song, but it is a song that transcended genres (Pop, Country, Hip-Hop), so I don’t see how the Recording Academy could ignore that.

“Bad Guy” is good for Record of the Year, but they MIGHT submit a different song from her album for Song of the Year. Probably not, but we’ll see.

I think people are underestimating “Sucker” from the Jonas Brothers. I think it’ll get into both Record and Song of the Year. #1 hit that played well with Adult Top 40. Ryan Tedder’s name attached helps. I know some people have mentioned Maroon 5 not being nominated in ROTY for similarly sized hits as an argument to why the Jonas Brothers will be snubbed, but I think the scenarios are different. There’s a comeback narrative here that I think will help Jonas.

Ariana Grande COULD get into both, but that is FAR from a sure thing after last year’s snubs. Plus, let’s wait and see if she makes an error in her submissions like she did last year as well. If her people are smart, they will submit “Thank U, Next” to both categories. No chance for any other single/song by her.

Taylor is not a sure thing anymore. If she’s back on the Grammy radar then I would say it’d be a no-brainer that she gets into Record of the Year for “You Need To Calm Down” and Song of the Year for “Lover.” However, I have a feeling that they are done awarding her.

Post Malone & Swae Lee SHOULD get into both Record & Song of the Year for “Sunflower,” but because it was hit so early within the voting period, I’m not confident enough to predict that it will be remembered in such a big way.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  24fanatic.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  24fanatic.
    ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

DWAS – ROTY, SOTY, POP DUO

HDYS? – Pop Solo, wishful thinking tbh

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

there’s still hope for lana

MC score is at 88 now

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Chfrik
    Participant
    Topics:

Katy should submit Small talk for best music video

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Lana is coming strong this year!!!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 863 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.