Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 864 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Matt90210
Boz
  • Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

^ Delusional!

The 62nd Grammys is going to be a sequel to 2010 Grammys where Taylor Swift will win AOTY for the third time after fearless and 1989 won AOTY in 2010 and 2016.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

The 62nd Grammys Awards will probably be the 2013 and 2015 Grammys combined tbh. Alternative seems to be the highlight genre next year.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Marlon Gonz.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Marlon Gonz.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

The 62nd Grammys is going to be a sequel to 2010 Grammys where Taylor Swift will win AOTY for the third time after fearless and 1989 won AOTY in 2010 and 2016.

ReplyCopy URL
    ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not talking about VMA wins correlating with the Grammys, I’m talking about general buzz and popularity which does often relate to the Grammys. To pretend Ariana or ASIB have any buzz right now is just ignoring the music scene. The VMAs are a good gauge for that. I think they both are contenders at the Grammys, but by no means are they the frontrunners. Lizzo, Billie and Taylor are on the voters minds as the artists of this year.

The VMAs do not correlate to the Grammys at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

After the VMAs…

Jonas Brother vs. Camila/Shawn for Pop Duo or Group and I’d go with Jonas Brothers based on the energetic performance and staying power of the song.

Billie vs. Lizzo for BNA and I’d say Lizzo is in the lead even though losing here.

Taylor was always going to win here just for going, but it certainly is helping her cause now that the album is a critical and commercial success too.

Ariana’s buzz is dying, but the Best Artist award is a sign she’s still a contender.

Missy should get in Rap Performance / Song with Throw it Back now.

Rosalía is someone to watch at the Grammy’s… people LOVE her.

Lil Nas X is looking like a bit of a non-contender at the Grammy’s. He should have won more than one award here and that one felt like it was barely his.

Miley and Normani were really good, but the songs are still just OK.

Shallow not winning song shows ASIB buzz is dying.

How is Shallow supposed to beat a song that spent nineteen weeks at number one for best song? And the VMAs mean absolute shit, but Lizzo is easily winning Best New Artist if she is eligible. She plays instruments, raps, sings, writes, puts on great performances and puts out hits. She has absolutely no competition there.

ReplyCopy URL
    NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana’s buzz is ok and it’s not gone. She still has a whole new soundtrack album to come.

If this bitch promotes ‘Angel’ as she should, then it would boost not only her chances, but also Lana’s.

#NFRforAOTY

ReplyCopy URL
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo, Billie and Taylor are on the voters minds as the artists of this year.

First round voting is 25 Sep – 10 Oct and for some categories there is a review committee phase before the final nominations announcement on 20 Nov. There are a lot of things that can change between now and then.

One thing we won’t see happening.

There aren’t going to be 4 x white pop female nominees in AOTY (perhaps not even 3 and perhaps no more than 3-4 females in total), so we won’t see Ariana, Billie, Taylor and Gaga all nominated.

TOOL are getting some great reviews from reviewers that have heard the album (release coming on Friday). Does anyone have estimates of expected sales?

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

You all said the same thing about 1989 for AOTY but see what happened…

1989 always been a favorite to win, lover doesn’t even get a nomination in AOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

Even if Lover gets an Album of the Year nomination, which I think it could but ultimately probably won’t, it wouldn’t even beat the other pop albums in contention from Ariana Grande and especially Billie Eilish, let alone other nonpop contenders.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is already coming to taking AOTY and Best Pop vocal Album come January. Period.

shut up

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

. Shallow not winning song shows ASIB buzz is dying.

Gaga has a lot of fans, and they voted a lot, but it’s much easier to give the prize to someone at the awards.

Also, MTV hasn’t had a good relationship with Gaga in years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is already coming to taking AOTY and Best Pop vocal Album come January. Period.

keep dreaming. Don’t forget to tap my shoulder when you wake up

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

ReplyCopy URL
    Chfrik
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t buy that “it’s much easier to give the prize to someone at the award”

Ariana didn’t show up and still Won 6 awards including a main one.

Little monsters just didn’t voted enough.

ReplyCopy URL
    John_White38
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t buy that “it’s much easier to give the prize to someone at the award” Ariana didn’t show up and still Won 6 awards including a main one. Little monsters just didn’t voted enough.

Ariana won 3 awards, Billie, Ariana and Taylor were the the top winner with 3 awards each.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Lil Nas X will probably be nominated for BNA now.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 864 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.