Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 536 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
mcm
Darren
  • Paul Sheehan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue the conversation here.

Aaliyah
    Participant
    Topics:

In regards to a post from the previous thread…

Honey, the only posters who are discrediting Billie Eilish are the delusional fangirls who are pressed that their precious poptart, Ariana Grande, is NOT winning a Grammy this time around. She’ll lose to a 17-year-old who steals dads. Hahahaha!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Billie Eilish will do well come Grammy time, but this idea that she is some unbeatable force on the level of Adele is crazy.

It’s crazy how some posters think she is beatable in categories such as Pop Vocal Album, but she is so unbeatable in the general field. If anything, I think she is a safer bet to win Pop Vocal Album than any of the categories in the general field, sans BNA. And even then, I’m not 100% sold on that just yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Billie is an Adele type, but I think she’s ahead of most of the pack. “Bad Guy” is more in line with past general field winners than any of this year’s other hits aside from those that aren’t eligible (“High Hopes,” “Shallow”). The competition is bleak and she’s the kind of artist they like.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Will the older voters like the “seduce your dad” line in Bad Guy, though? I feel like that could give them major pause. As silly as it is to me personally, that might hurt her in the GF.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Will the older voters like the “seduce your dad” line in Bad Guy, though? I feel like that could give them major pause. As silly as it is to me personally, that might hurt her in the GF.

There are multiple jail-baity and questionable lines throughout the song. But of course, since I’m just a biased Ariana stan and Billie hater, I may be wrong 😉

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

There are multiple jail-baity and questionable lines throughout the song. But of course, since I’m just a biased Ariana stan and Billie hater, I may be wrong 😉

Since Bad Guy has blown up, I’ve always wish that another song off of When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? had the distinction of being Billie’s biggest hit. It’s a good song, but it’s not as great as, say, Listen Before I Go.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

thank u, next is more Grammy Friendly than bad guy. And I think the categories that they go head to head in, Ariana will come out on top (if the race is between the two).

However, if Billie goes with “When the Party’s over” across the board – she might be a threat to sweep.

I wish “Ocean Eyes” was eligible. It’s still Billie’s best work to date.

ReplyCopy URL
    Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

I can see a scenario where “Old Time Road” is only nominated in ROTY and goes on to win that category, but nothing else in the GF. And then SOTY is wide open with several left-field contenders.

I’m confident about “Bad Guy” and “Thank U, Next” getting into both ROTY and SOTY, maybe even “Truth Hurts” as well, but I could see others like “Sunflower,” “Talk,” and “Sucker” only getting into ROTY.

SOTY is nearly impossible to predict! Really weak mainstream contenders this year…

ReplyCopy URL
    Aaliyah
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! When Ariana and Billie go head-to-head against each other, Ariana will NOT come out on top. This is the type of bullshit you stans come up with. Y’all are letting Grande’s win in a non-compeitive year cloud judgment.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

SOTY/ROTY are going to be non-hits this year!

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t have a full 8 for either category, but these are my favorites at the moment:

ROTY
    Bad Guy
    Sunflower
    7 Rings/Thank U, Next
    Talk
    Truth Hurts

SOTY
    Bad Guy
    God’s Country
    Someone You Loved
    Thank U, Next
    This Land
    Truth Hurts

Contrary to many people here, I don’t think “Sucker” is getting in the general field, and I’ve already made my stance on “Old Town Road” clear. I’m aware that as the biggest hit of the year by far, it is absolutely in the realm of possibility (for Record only – it will not get anywhere near Song in a million years), but I’m willing to be proven wrong that the committee will not put it in. 2 years ago, everyone thought I was crazy for not predicting “Humble” to get in SOTY and, well…

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana will win Pop Solo while Billie wins Pop Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana will win Pop Solo while Billie wins Pop Album.

She lost Pop Solo when she won Pop Album last year, so I’m not sure why she’s the one to beat in Solo.

I think either Billie will take both awards, or Billie takes Album while Gaga repeats in Pop Solo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sold on God’s Country crossing to the GF. Shelton is not that liked by country voters, and last year we had two big pop-country crossovers snubbed there.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.