Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 514 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
ELIAS
Darren
  • Show Me The Receipts!
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana will win Pop Solo while Billie wins Pop Album.

That would be the best scenario.

One wins for singing, the other wins for whispering.

My name is NOT Susan.

ReplyCopy URL
    reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

If Billie goes with When The Party’s Over that would be so stunning. THAT song is a moment. But I can’t see her team taking that risk, they’ll probably only submit it for Music Video.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

From Billboard:

Voting members of the Recording Academy and registered media companies have been busy in recent weeks entering the recordings they would like to see honored at the 62nd annual Grammy Awards. The final deadline for all submissions is this Friday (Aug. 2) at 6 p.m. PT.

Wasn’t the deadline on August 30th?

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Link?

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m going to assume that was just a typo or something. No way they push forward deadline forward a whole 2 months.

ReplyCopy URL
    Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep dreaming! “Old Town Road” is NOT winning ROTY. There’s a few other top 5 hits to choose from.

Such as…?

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Submissions deadline ≠ eligibility period

Recordings from earlier this year and last year had to be submitted a month or two ago.

ReplyCopy URL
    Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

Lewis Capaldi also gives me such James Arthur vibes. Obviously, “Someone You Loved” could very well benefit from there being 8 slots, but the song will need to get bigger in the U.S. for me to be convinced.

Not buying “God’s Country” or even “Speechless” by Dan + Shay getting into the GF either. Neither are big enough or critically acclaimed.

I expect more left-field contenders to arise from the rock, alt, and R&B fields for SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana will release a new single before the deadline 💀🤦🏼‍♂️

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I think we should all predict OTR to get into the GF. Our prediction scores might go up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Not buying “God’s Country” or even “Speechless” by Dan + Shay getting into the GF either. Neither are big enough or critically acclaimed.

Both of those songs are huge, actually. “God’s Country” has been a mainstay in the top 20 with little signs of slowing down despite the fact that it’s already peaked on radio. “Speechless” has enjoyed a very long life on the charts despite never peaking particularly high and crossed over at all the pop formats. They are easily the two biggest country hits this year.

And I think “God’s Country” will get in SOTY on the strength of its lyrics, although its success certainly does not hurt its chances. I’m not predicting “Speechless” to get in outside of the country field.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

And I think “God’s Country” will get in SOTY on the strength of its lyrics

It’s literally about farming.

I honestly think it might be a better fit in Record. The intensity of the production and Shelton’s delivery are what seems to stand out, IMO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, each year the biggest country hits of the year are considered on this forum for ROTY/SOTY. I think those two songs are not particularly good or strong enough to warrant a nomination.

The lyrics of “God’s Country” are pretty par for the course in country, no? Of course that appeals to large swaths of the country, but I’m doubtful it’s what the BRP will go for in this era.

ReplyCopy URL
    Show Me The Receipts!
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep dreaming! “Old Town Road” is NOT winning ROTY. There’s a few other top 5 hits to choose from.

IDK about that Gucci…OTR is THE record of the year. It’s dominated the charts for months and broke the Billboard record. There’s a narrative behind its success.

Lil’ Nas X & Billy Ray stand a pretty good chance of winning in a weak field.

My name is NOT Susan.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 514 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.