Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 514 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Darren
dOminiK13_
  • Profile picture
    KBeckett789
    Topics:

IGOR would be awesome, honestly in my top 3 albums for this year, but if people are having qualms about Billie/Ari relating to the older crowd when it comes to votes, then no way does this extremely talented black gay rapper have a chance unfortunately.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

I don’t think Billy and Ari are winning, or is it Gaga or someone like IGOR, Vampire Weekend or 1975

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

It is possible Lana sends “Norman Fucking Rockwell!” for Best Alternative Album and not Best Pop Vocal Album?

Post Malone could enter his album in Best Country Album if he thought it had a better chance of winning there. The Grammys get the final say over what genre an album is considered. Lana has routinely been considered pop by them and that is unlikely to change this time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sheeow
    Topics:

Judging from what Lana has already released on NFR, THIS IS GONNA BE THE ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    J.Sol
    Topics:

Just thought I’d let you know I won’t be a voting member this season, so I doubt I will have access to the entry lists. With hope someone else will come along who can help out, or maybe Tom or Paul can use their connections.

Sorry about the news; I don’t think I really helped discussion on here but I know some of you liked to have the information. If it changes for future years, I will let you know.

Thanks again for all the info you’ve shared with us over the years!
    Hopefully the artists you think deserve to win are recognized in next year’s Grammy ceremony!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jowgbruno
    Topics:

Post Malone could enter his album in Best Country Album if he thought it had a better chance of winning there. The Grammys get the final say over what genre an album is considered. Lana has routinely been considered pop by them and that is unlikely to change this time.

The country voters seem to be quite picky, would they seriously take post submitting there? Although after Xtina in Rap this year I wouldn’t be so surprised

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

The country voters seem to be quite picky, would they seriously take post submitting there?

No they wouldn’t and that’s the point.

It doesn’t matter what genre an artist submits their album/song in, the screening committees will move it if they don’t think it’s the right genre. XXXTentacion’s label submitted his album to Alternative and it was moved to Rap. Post Malone submitted his album to Rap and it was moved to Pop.

So, in other words, it doesn’t matter if Lana Del Rey attempts to submit her album in Alternative to have a better shot at competing; if they don’t think it’s an alternative album it won’t be there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

XXXTentacion should have been Urban Contemporary. Same with Post Malone. They should not have been on opposite sides of the spectrum. But I can’t say that I am surprised at the Grammy screening committees. Race almost always plays a major part in where something is submitted.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Their full album won’t be out until after deadline, but expect either “Redesigning Women” or “Crowded Table” by The Highwomen (Brandi Carlile, Natalie Hemby, Maren Morris, and Amanda Shires) to be nominated for Best Country Duo/Group Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

Go here to check out Tanya Tucker’s rendition of Miranda Lambert’s “The House That Built Me” which will be on Tanya’s new album named While I’m Livin’. (smiles)

God bless you and Tanya and Miranda always!!!

Holly (a fan of Miss T since 1991)

P.S. Is August 23rd here yet? (smiles)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

Just came here to say that Rihanna better drop something quick and save this wasteland of music releases this year.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

It’s probably going to go between The 1975, Vampire Weekend or The Reconteurs for AOTY. If they get nominated

Though I’ve recently been hearing Thank U, Next (the album) a lot to understand the critical success behind it and it makes sense. I take back my words. Thank U, Next is a pretty good album with a lot of deep stuff in a pop record.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by MG.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

Am I the only who’s not buying the Vampire Weekend hype? I’m sure they’ll get into the rock field, but they just lost hype throughout the year.

I don’t buy the hype, but I don’t buy the hype for The 1975 even more. It’s an acclaimed album sure but there’s a ton of acclaimed albums with more buzz, and The 1975 have only been nominated for their album artwork. The rock field is certainly possible for them, but AOTY is definitely not happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

Am I the only who’s not buying the Vampire Weekend hype? I’m sure they’ll get into the rock field, but they just lost hype throughout the year.

I think the reason why is because it’s different then their last few albums. It’s got that pop/ dance influences. It’s kinda a crossover album. Almost like Golden Hour was last year, sounding different than kaceys other albums too. both albums got good reviews from the critics. Vampire Weekend debuted at 1# so there’s that “commercial” success behind it. It’s an okay album too I guess.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 514 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.