Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 514 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Darren
dOminiK13_
  • Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

It’s probably going to go between The 1975, Vampire Weekend or The Reconteurs for AOTY. If they get nominated Though I’ve recently been hearing Thank U, Next (the album) a lot to understand the critical success behind it and it makes sense. I take back my words. Thank U, Next is a pretty good album with a lot of deep stuff in a pop record.

I doubt any pop stars besides Gaga have real chances in AOTY.  whatever it is between 1975 X Vampire Weekend, I hope 1975 wins, it probably has the best album of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forevermorelife
    Topics:

I have a strong feeling Billie Eilish will take home several awards at the 2020 Grammys. I suspect she will be a strong contender for AOTY. It will be well deserved.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

Vampire Weekend’s album is boring, long and too country for an album that at all costs runs away from country.

I believe that ASIB for embracing Country and not running away like Vampire Weekend, has a greater appeal with country voters.  (taking into account ACM Honors award, very important country award)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

that’s just my opinion

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

I have a strong feeling Billie Eilish will take home several awards at the 2020 Grammys. I suspect she will be a strong contender for AOTY. It will be well deserved.

wins AOTY with the debut album is very difficult and Billie would still break Taylor’s record.  it’s a huge achievement, I don’t think billie has an album big enough for that, but ok

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jowgbruno
    Topics:

Billie taking aoty means she will do a one-off achievement that may never be surpassed again, not only taking in her debut, which is something that hasn’t happened in many years but also being the youngest person in history to do it, I believe Billie would need to be something like a Barbra Streisand level to do such an achievement that not even artists like Adele, Lorde, Sam Smith, Taylor Swifit and Amy Winehouse were able to.

And let’s be honest, Billie is not much compared to all these artists that I mentioned, she is not a great singer, her lyrics are not bad but they are not amazing like the one’s from the others in their respective debuts and she is not doing anything really new or revolutionary besides having high sales and a very well done album, her big asset is to have the whole album pretty much made it just with her brother but if we take into account small teams, Igor by Tyler has a bigger advantage over Billie’s case

We don’t know how the academy will react to her but seeing so many of the artists who had the chance of being aoty winners in their debut and none of them could, even Amy with Back to Black winning everything (BNA, ROTY and SOTY)

Sorry but why would Billie make it?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

Voters don’t vote for awards thinking “well but if Beyoncé didn’t win, why would I give it to (blank)” or “well but what if NO ONE breaks their record again?!” If they have enough energy to vote for her to get a nom, they can surely vote for her to win.

You can’t say that about all the voters, but I still think Billie would need a bigger and better album to achieve something so big.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jowgbruno
    Topics:

Voters don’t vote for awards thinking “well but if Beyoncé didn’t win, why would I give it to (blank)” or “well but what if NO ONE breaks their record again?!” If they have enough energy to vote for her to get a nom, they can surely vote for her to win.

The thing it is her age and the fact that she is also on her debut will be two of the major things they will think before voting on her to be nom and specially to win

Its Worth voting on a teenager girl which voice it’s not something amazing? Her lyrics that are not bad but neither great. Is she inventing the wheel? Is she changing the history of music with her album to win the aoty being only 17 years old + with other 7 contenders on it?

You know they will think all that before giving their biggest award to a stranger

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jowgbruno
    Topics:

And dont get me wrong

Billie of course got a chance on it if shes nominated, I even think she has a much better shot than other popular names like Ariana, Taylor (right now), Mark, Ed, Khalid and etc

But im not Blind to see that there’s a more difficulty with debut artists, and her case gets more harder with her age fact

many here ended up blinded by Billie’s sales and stability on charts

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by jowgbruno.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

here’s my take on William Eyelash Pirate Baird O’Connell:

Since April, Billie has been shoved down my throat. Wherever I went, her music from the album was playing. At first I didn’t believe she could be nominated or win aoty but im slowly thinking otherwise.

Sis has been STABLE THIS WHOLE YEAR! Of course, sales aren’t automatic indications to win AOTY, but IMHO, WWAFA is still pretty much the only “relevant” release from earlier this year is still being talked about. Every other release has since died down tbh.

I was thoroughly impressed with her album. It was different and weird and just cool tbh. I understand the mixed or negative side that the critics have said but its still her first album and she did this album at 16, sis has time to flourish. The production was stellar from Finneas, the songwriting had its moments, more positive than anything. and the songs deal with issues that many people in their teens have gone through. She’s a relatable girl who released a relatable album and I think that’s why people assume that this has no chance for AOTY. But I feel like this album has qualities that even the old white men grammy voters can relate to as well. Especially the final tracks, those had me CRYING!!

That being said, she did everything that past AOTY winners had done in terms of promotion and attention. she did Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel, Coachella was her first live performance of the new album and was PRAISED by music critics, more praise than the headliners got. She had one of the most memorable Coachella sets and she didn’t even headline. Zach Sang Show, numerous radio shows, etc…

and out of all the AOTY contenders people have named, Billie is still releasing singles/MV’s from the album. She announced All The Good Girls Go To Hell is getting a video. (Even though Xanny and Listen Before I Go deserved)

She’s also signed by Interscope. The same label as multi grammy winners gaga, Eminem, Dre, U2, Madonna. She’s in very good hands here.

She has the critical acclaim, she very much has the sales, she has the image, she has the audience praise. Yes its rare for a debut artist to win aoty, but at first it didn’t feel possible, but now I feel like she has a better chance than most of the contenders, we just need to turn off our Stans minds. She’s no Alanis, Norah, or Lauryn. But if she had THIS MUCH push from her debut album than its very much possible she can take home aoty. obviously no one would push the album to be a contender if people didn’t like it, but people did.

* Jesus Christ this long as hell why didn’t anyone stop me?
    honestly I don’t blame you if didn’t read this whole thing lmao

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by DYNASTY.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by DYNASTY.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

I know

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

The only albums that have kept their momentum since their release is Billie and Ariana’s album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jowgbruno
    Topics:

The only albums that have kept their momentum since their release is Billie and Ariana’s album.

Ariana? Even herself forget about TUN and let it go already

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 514 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.