Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 541 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
mcm
DC95
  • Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana’s hype has died for sure. Thank U, Next is my fave pop album released this year but I don’t see her winning anything this year (maybe Pop Solo but Thank U, Next didn’t hold up well, I wouldnt be surprised if they submit 7 rings- it is fresher and a bigger hit)

Ya’ll keep trying to push this narrative. It’s still in the top 20 after 7 months, and is still the biggest album of the year. The Thank U, Next single charted for 28 weeks, which is actually incredible, and 7 Rings is approaching 30 weeks while still being top 30. She released in February, and is still charting very well. It’s fine if you don’t think she’s winning this year, but claiming her hype is dead makes no sense.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Lizzo could very well win Best New Artist, especially considering she’ll get majority of the Rap/R&B votes. Truth Hurts is doing just as well as Bad Guy, so I don’t think Billie is a run away lock.</p>

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana’s hype has died for sure. Thank U, Next is my fave pop album released this year but I don’t see her winning anything this year (maybe Pop Solo but Thank U, Next didn’t hold up well, I wouldnt be surprised if they submit 7 rings- it is fresher and a bigger hit)

Y’all Swifties haven’t been the same since Sweetener won.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Rap Categories…

Rap Performance:
    J. Cole – “Middle Child”
    Meek Mill featuring Drake – “Going Bad”
    Post Malone – “Wow.”
    Cardi B – “Money”
    City Girls – “Act Up”
    Mustard & Migos – “Pure Water”

Rap/Sung Performance:
    Chris Brown featuring Drake – “No Guidance”
    Lizzo – “Truth Hurts”
    DJ Khaled feat. Nipsey Hussle & John Legend – “Higher”
    Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – “Old Town Road”
    Chance the Rapper featuring John Legend – “All Day Long”
    Post Malone featuring Young Thug – “Goodbyes”

Rap Song:
    “A Lot” (21 Savage)
    “Truth Hurts” (Lizzo)
    “Old Town Road” (Lil Nas X)
    “Middle Child” (J. Cole)
    “Going Bad” (Meek Mill/Drake)

Rap Album:
    Chance the Rapper – The Big Day
    Meek Mill – Championships
    21 Savage – i am > i was
    Megan Thee Stallion – Fever
    J. Cole & Dreamville – Revenge of the Dreamers III

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

Ya’ll keep trying to push this narrative. It’s still in the top 20 after 7 months, and is still the biggest album of the year. The Thank U, Next single charted for 28 weeks, which is actually incredible, and 7 Rings is approaching 30 weeks while still being top 30. She released in February, and is still charting very well. It’s fine if you don’t think she’s winning this year, but claiming her hype is dead makes no sense.

Charting for 28 weeks for a 7-week #1 song in 2019 is actually awful. There are countless songs that stayed 40+ weeks on the chart in 2018/19. 7 Rings is doing better but I will be very surprised if Ariana wins this year. Gaga/Billie have better chances than her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Charting for 28 weeks for a 7-week #1 song in 2019 is actually awful. There are countless songs that stayed 40+ weeks on the chart in 2018/19. 7 Rings is doing better but I will be very surprised if Ariana wins this year. Gaga/Billie have better chances than her.

Not true. The average hit song lasts 20-22 weeks on the chart. Anything more than that is actually very great. I think some of y’all forgot that song last 7 weeks at #1 and 15 weeks in the top 10. The only reason is got out so quickly was because she released another single and radio dropped thank u next to promote 7 rings and break up. Y’all said the same stuff about Sweetener and it actually won the Grammy. Thank U Next is fine.

The bitterness the Swifties have for Ariana and her ponytail… Sad.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

Not true. The average hit song lasts 20-22 weeks on the chart. Anything more than that is actually very great. I think some of y’all forgot that song last 7 weeks at #1 and 15 weeks in the top 10. The only reason is got out so quickly was because she released another single and radio dropped thank u next to promote 7 rings and break up. Y’all said the same stuff about Sweetener and it actually won the Grammy. Thank U Next is fine. The bitterness the Swifties have for Ariana and her ponytail… Sad.

I really like Thank U, Next and in my opinion is the best Ariana’s album and I could see it win Best Pop Vocal Album, but Thank U, Next (the song) is really kinds forgotten and 7 Rings is holding up way better so maybe Thank U, Next won’t even be submitted. Also, Billie’s album is performing quite better than Thank U, Next. I was so sure Ariana will win a Grammy in February but Billie’s the current “it” girl and Thank U, Next didn’t hold up as well as we all thought it would (mostly because she didn’t released another single from it, but still). Thank U, Next isn’t Divide or 1989, so don’t be too confident

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Again: some of y’all thought Beautiful Trauma and Reputation were winning based on sales and chart performance. It’ll boil down to how much they like Billie, and artists like her don’t have the best track record in the pop field (Lana has lost both of her album noms, Lorde got snubbed for Melodrama and lost for Pure Heroine, Florence always loses, and even “singer songwriter” gals Meghan Trainor and Alessia Cara both got album snubs). So, while I have Billie in the lead right now, she’s far from a lock.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

The Thank U, Next single charted for 28 weeks, which is actually incredible

This is something only a stan will say lol.

No 28 weeks only on the charts is pretty weak for a multi-week #1 hit, even by this year’s standards.

Without Me released sooner than TUN at 42 weeks and counting.

Shallow released sooner than TUN at 43 weeks and counting

High Hopes released sooner than TUN at 51 weeks and counting

Sunflower at 40 weeks and counting

Happier at 49 and counting

And many other older songs charted much longer. You can say that 7 Rings killed TUN too early, but to say TUN chart run is impressive or incredible is delusional.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope J Cole can finally win a Grammy with Middle Child.

ReplyCopy URL
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope J Cole can finally win a Grammy with Middle Child.

He does not submit his music to the Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

The rap field is looking quite weak from a commercial standpoint. I would not be surprised if it was kept off the televised show like a few years ago. Two rap categories were shown this past year and the year before, so I wouldn’t be a big loss.

Yes, they are going to not air the highest selling genre in America on the Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

A song that spends 20+ weeks at number one, emerging as a unifying phenomenon in an extremely polarizing America, not being the winner of at least Record of the Year suggests that the Grammys really just oughta to shut down altogether.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

He does not submit his music to the Grammys.

Cole submitted KOD last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, gawd!  J. Cole deserves a Grammy with his fine ass.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 541 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.