Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 514 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
ELIAS
Darren
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

Here’s what I got to say: IMO Thank U, Next is wining SOTY. I mean do voters really care how many weeks a song charted. I mean This is America charted and then dipped, yet Childish Gambino sweeped the award show with that song, including ROTY/SOTY. I really believe it’s a moment. Ariana definitely created a moment for herself. Again a prerequisite for winning ROTY or SOTY has to be a chart topper (#1-5), but it really doesn’t matter how long, it’s generally a moment in music history. ROTY: Old Town Road, Bad Guy, Thank U, Next/7rings (Hopefully Old Town Road) SOTY: Thank U, Next, Sunflower, Without Me, or This Land (Hopefully Thank U, Next

TUN is not winning anything. The voters will rather vote for Old Town Road than that song.

By the way, there’s no denying OTR will be in both SoTY and RoTY at this point. The song just became so undeniable. We’re talking about a possible 20 week #1 mega hit.

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

TUN is not winning anything. The voters will rather vote for Old Town Road than that song. By the way, there’s no denying OTR will be in both SoTY and RoTY at this point. The song just became so undeniable. We’re talking about a possible 20 week #1 mega hit.

I agree that Old Town Road is an undeniable hit, but it’s not a SOTY winner. What substance is there? Honestly. It’s just a silly song. Although if it was up to me, he is the frontrunner for ROTY.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  ELIAS.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  ELIAS.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree that Old Town Road is an undeniable hit, but it’s not a SOTY winner. What substance is there? Honestly. It’s just a silly song. Although if it was up to me, he is the frontrunner for ROTY.

As if the voters care about the lyrics in the SoTY category. They don’t. If the line-up is that weak it’ll win.

ReplyCopy URL
    MG
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana and Thank U, Next hasn’t lost their momentum. That’s ridiculous.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Marlon G.
    ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

i am > i was have chances to compete in AOTY ??

ReplyCopy URL
    MG
    Participant
    Topics:

Why are people talking about Bad Guys seducing dad lyric when some of you guys are predicting a song that contains the lyrics…

“ Ridin’ on a tractor
    Lean all in my bladder
    Cheated on my baby
    You can go and ask her
    My life is a movie
    Bull ridin’ and boobies
    Cowboy hat from Gucci
    Wrangler on my booty”

…to win?

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

No one said OTR was winning SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    MG
    Participant
    Topics:

Wasn’t talking about Song Of The Year in particularly.

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

As if the voters care about the lyrics in the SoTY category. They don’t. If the line-up is that weak it’ll win.

Come again?

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Come again?

Read it in the context of what I said. I said if its only competition is “Thank U Next” and “Bad Guy”, “Old Town Road” will win lol. The other two songs are too lightweight and forgettable.

Right now I’m betting on “Someone You Loved” as I said many times before. But if Someone You Loved isn’t nominated, and all the songs nominated are the likes of lightweight pop songs (Sucker, Bad Guy, TUN etc..) then yes OTR will win.

ReplyCopy URL
    CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

Old Town Road will win at least 1 Grammy. Mark my words!

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

Wasn’t talking about Song Of The Year in particularly.

If you talk about lyrics then you’re talking about SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Old Town Road is not winning against thank u next or bad guy. I agree that voters don’t seem to differentiate between Song and Record, but that’s usually because the songs that win Record are well written to begin with.

I know some of y’all are still hurt that Shallow lost SOTY to This is America, but the truth is both songs are decently written given their genre (I also think there were better songs to pick aside from those two: Bood Up, The Joke, All the Stars, and In My Blood are far better lyrically). Voters have split Record and Song before, and as much as they might like Old Town Road, they’ll give it to Billie talking about seducing dads and Ariana talking about her exes before they give it to a song about horses and boobs. Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

Old Town Road is not winning against thank u next or bad guy. I agree that voters don’t seem to differentiate between Song and Record, but that’s usually because the songs that win Record are well written to begin with. I know some of y’all are still hurt that Shallow lost SOTY to This is America, but the truth is both songs are decently written given their genre (I also think there were better songs to pick aside from those two: Bood Up, The Joke, All the Stars, and In My Blood are far better lyrically). Voters have split Record and Song before, and as much as they might like Old Town Road, they’ll give it to Billie talking about seducing dads and Ariana talking about her exes before they give it to a song about horses and boobs. Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves here.

You are so so exaggerating! 1 line in a song won’t have any effect on voters whatsoever. Old Town Road is a phenomenon, record-breaking mega-smash hit. It broke stereotypes and blended 2 genres and it will for sure get more votes than Thank U, Next which is already “old news”.

Old Town Road mentions “boobies” once, Bad Guy mentions “seducing dads” once, it’s not a song about those things and the Grammy voters are not going to care if one lyric or one verse in a song is kinda inappropriate. That’s What I Like is literally a song about sex and girls and money while 24k Magic is about the luxurious life and money, they have no lyrical depth and Bruno won SOTY and ROTY.

Last year This Is America won, a year before that 24k Magic and That’s What I Like. Old Town Road has a pretty big chance of winning if we look at the recent winners and if we add 20 weeks at #1 next to that, I don’t think we should underestimate it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 514 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.