Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 536 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
mcm
Darren
  • Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hooe J Cole takes Rap Song. He’s overdue.

Next to Ta1300 by Denzel Curry, KOD was the biggest snub jn the rap categories last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana is not winning anything this year! Especially not in the general field!

Under what standards? Don’t say shit when you have nothing to back it up with. Bad guy will be heavenly criticized for its lyrics. You can’t say jack shit that will look good for voters when voting for an underage girl taking about seducing fathers (I mean yay for Billie, but why tf are they making this difficult for them. Old Town Road is just an average fun trap-infused country song. Ariana might only have competition from Post and Halsey, but really I don’t know who else would change her to the same level. Is Lizzo qualified with Truth Hurts?

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Lizzo qualified with Truth Hurts?

yes she is

and this Billie lyric really bothered yall that much omg.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

J. Cole could win performance.

He could truly, but for a mainstream artist, maybe 21 Savage. Personally if I had to choose What’s Good would be my personal pick. Cole’s flow is alright, it’s not like a Bubblin or Humble like momentum, but if he were win a Grammy, imo I think he would win Rap Song, not Rap Performance.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

yes she is and this Billie lyric really bothered yall that much omg.

Put this in perspective: would you award a said 17 year who has a fan base of teenagers to win an SONGWRITING AWARD  seducing fathers? Okay, I would understand the production for ROTY, but it’s quite experimental for a top 10 song. But really? Do we another incident that promotes the sexuality of minors, especially after the allegations from Michael Jackson and R Kelly? It might drive the point across, but it’s not the best way to do so. Again I would be happy for Billie for winning a Grammy, but honestly I would give a lot of flack to the Recording Academy.</p>

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

yes she is

and this Billie lyric really bothered yall that much omg.

That’s literally what most people listen when they hear Bad Guy.

And it’s just not the dad line. There are many questionable/off-putting lines in there.

And before some of y’all get smart: yes, I’m fully aware that 17 year old girls may be sexually active. That doesn’t make it any less jail-baity or uncomfortable, specially with all the double entendres.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Is “Promises” by Calvin Harris, ft. Sam Smith eligible this year?

I'm not perfect, but I keep trying.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s in the fucking chorus! It’s not just some one off lyrics: it’s repeated. And my opinion is with the demographics. Those saying it’s not a big deal, what if the tide was reversed? What if a creepy celebrity pédicule started rapping about seducing their friends sons or daughters? Y’all would have a field day with that! But when a minor promotes sexual assault, I would be okay with it at all. Didn’t Aaliyah put out a song “Age is just a number” ?

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Is “Promises” by Calvin Harris, ft. Sam Smith eligible this year?

It was during last Year eligiblity period. Either way I don’t think it would get into Dance Recording.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s in the fucking chorus! It’s not just some one off lyrics: it’s repeated. And my opinion is with the demographics. Those saying it’s not a big deal, what if the tide was reversed? What if a creepy celebrity pédicule started rapping about seducing their friends sons or daughters? Y’all would have a field day with that! But when a minor promotes sexual assault, I would be okay with it at all. Didn’t Aaliyah put out a song “Age is just a number” ?

ma’am it’s not that deep

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

ma’am it’s not that deep

Bro, then why does it deserve to win, if in your opinion, is not too deep? honey it’s a song lyric for interpretation. Fact of the matter, she was underage when she wrote the song. It’s gross and pathetic to award Bad Guy for a songwriting award, despite how it derives the point across.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyways, a song I feel like isn’t brought up enough is “Love It If We Made It” by The 1975. It’s probably up there for one of best songs of last year. Y’all should give it a listen.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Bro, then why does it deserve to win, if in your opinion, is not too deep? honey it’s a song lyric for interpretation. Fact of the matter, she was underage when she wrote the song. It’s gross and pathetic to award Bad Guy for a songwriting award, despite how it derives the point across.

i don’t give a shit if the song wins or not lol. But still it’s not that deep. For all we know it could’ve been a Finneas lyric.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

i don’t give a shit if the song wins or not lol. But still it’s not that deep. For all we know it could’ve been a Finneas lyric.

Doesn’t matter who wrote the lyric, she’s the one who consented to sing the song and add that to her album. So saying that it doesn’t matter is the most stupidest thing. And if you don’t care if the song wins, why are you defending the song ?

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope J Cole can finally win a Grammy with Middle Child.

I actually think he will. Rap performance is wide open for him.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.