Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 536 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
mcm
Darren
  • Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do you guys think are candidates for Producer of the Year nominations? I would keep an eye on Benny Blanco (he has the residual success of “Eastside,” which is ineligible this year, in his favor), Mark Ronson (who did extensive promo for his song with Miley Cyrus, recently dropped an album, and had his profile boosted by his recent Oscar win), and Finneas (Billie Eilish’s brother who is obviously having a great year).

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Besides from those, I think Louis Bell has had an amazing year. It’d be a shame for him to miss.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do you guys think are candidates for Producer of the Year nominations? I would keep an eye on Benny Blanco (he has the residual success of “Eastside,” which is ineligible this year, in his favor), Mark Ronson (who did extensive promo for his song with Miley Cyrus, recently dropped an album, and had his profile boosted by his recent Oscar win), and Finneas (Billie Eilish’s brother who is obviously having a great year).

i said my top 5 in a few pages back!! I also said Ronson, Finneas, Max Martin, Joel Little/Jack Antonoff (if Lover does well) and I’m not sure on my fifth

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

“Thinking Out Loud,” “Need You Now,” and “Stay With Me” all peaked at #2 on the Hot 100 and won Song of the Year. “Bad Guy” is also on the brink of having the most weeks at #2 ever. It is a very big hit. It could go very well down as one of those songs that people assume went #1, but that will depend on its lasting power in the media. So, no. “Bad Guy” not being a #1 hit doesn’t disqualify its chances.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t wait until the end of the year to see where this discussion goes if/when “Old Town Road” is snubbed in the top categories. It’s like everyone here is assuming it MUST be nominated because it’s the biggest hit of the year.

And where the discussion goes if it is indeed nominated. You are also acting as if it being “bad” or a “novelty hit” disqualifies it as a contender for the marquee categories. It doesn’t.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

“Thinking Out Loud,” “Need You Now,” and “Stay With Me” all peaked at #2 on the Hot 100 and won Song of the Year. “Bad Guy” is also on the brink of having the most weeks at #2 ever. It is a very big hit. It could very well down as one of those songs that people assume went #1, but that will depend on its last power in the media. So, no. “Bad Guy” not being a #1 hit doesn’t disqualify its chances.

It’s like You’re Still the One in regards to the #2 thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

“Old Town Road” is much more than a novelty hit. It’s a record-breaking one that neither Billie, Ariana nor any other contender has. And it also blocked them multiple weeks on the charts. That should tell you about its massive popularity.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

The Grammys don’t care about record breaking hits In terms of choosing its winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

The Grammys don’t care about record breaking hits In terms of choosing its winners.

Says who? People here always complain about the Grammys checking off popular names or songs.

And none of these contenders are good or exhibits intricate songwriting. Most of these songs are bubblegum songs that wouldn’t be considered in a stronger year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

OTR, TikTok’s national anthem, is not winning anything in the GF.

Thank You, Next is really as much of a meme song as Old Town Road. Slightly more serious maybe, but at the same time also less succesful.

ReplyCopy URL
    CarlosEdu21
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope that Jack Antonoff be nominated, the songs that he produced in Lover and Norman Fucking Rockwell! seem great.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank You, Next is really as much of a meme song as Old Town Road. Slightly more serious maybe, but at the same time also less succesful.

Precisely.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

Says who? People here always complain about the Grammys checking off popular names or songs.

And none of these contenders are good or exhibits intricate songwriting. Most of these songs are bubblegum songs that wouldn’t be considered in a stronger year.

When was the last time a massive record breaking hit song won in the General Category at the Grammys. Some may say Uptown Funk, but the difference is that Uptown Funk is actually good. There are great songs released this year that aren’t particularly in mainstream radio, Critically acclaimed material, you just need to find and listen to it.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Marlon Gonz.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Here’s what I got to say: IMO Thank U, Next is wining SOTY.

Honey, you must be on some hard-core drugs. “Thank U, Next” is NOT even a lock for a Song of the Year nomination, yet alone a win. You Arianators tell yourselves anything.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

When was the last time a massive record breaking hit won in the General Category at the Grammys. There are great songs released this year that aren’t particularly in mainstream radio, Critically acclaimed material, you just need to find and listen to it.

Since OTR just surpassed a 23-year old record, it’s hard to pinpoint a recent example of a “record-breaking” song. But there are plenty examples of huge hits winning in the marquee categories, and it only takes a Google/Wiki search to find them.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.