Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 541 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
mcm
DC95
  • PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Why would Jamila Woods not be eligible for BNA?

Ari Lennox is someone else who could get nominated.

I don’t think Meghan Thee Stallion is happening. Lizzo should be eligible, but who knows with her. Ava Max is definitely not happening, and YBN Cordae would happen before A Boogie With Da Hoodie or DaBaby (if Lil Nas X not happening, then DaBaby is definitely not). YBN Cordae’s buzz is growing by the day.

ReplyCopy URL
    Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Jamila Woods deserves a Best New Artist nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Jamila Woods may be too low-brow and I’m not sure if she’s even eligible.

Jamila Woods has only two albums, does not have more than 30 singles and hasn’t been nominated for any Grammys. She is definitely eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Yola isn’t eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Billy Ray Cyrus is considered a washed-up one-hit wonder by… everybody.

In all fairness, the guy was able to score six other top ten songs.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. “In The Heart Of A Woman”, “Trail Of Tears”, “Under The Hood”, “Burn Down The Trailer Park”, and “The Man” are my favorite songs from him. (smiles)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Yola isn’t eligible.

Why?

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

I want Robyn’s “Honey” to get in AOTY. In a perfect world she would win. She’s severely underrated.

ReplyCopy URL
    ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

Jamila Woods… low-brow???????? She has one of the best reviewed and incredibly well written, sung and produced albums of the year. Also, she only had one album before this. She’s definitely in contention, but doesn’t have a hit to back her up like H.E.R. had last year with Best Part.

Everyone saying Lizzo is for sure eligible, I’m unsure… it’ll depend how much they want to bend the rules.

Lewis Capaldi
    Billie Eilish
    Lil Nas X
    Lizzo
    Megan Thee Stallion
    Maggie Rogers
    ROSALÍA
    Jamila Woods
    (a country or rock artist as an alternate)

Lewis Capaldi, Billie Eilish, Lizzo, Megan Thee Stallion, Maggie Rogers, and Yola are 6 of my early picks for BNA. The last 2 spots I’m not too sure about.

I don’t think Lil Nas X will be nominated, even if “Old Town Road” gets in ROTY. DaBaby and Dean Lewis are possible, so is A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie if he’s eligible. Ava Max is a possibility, but I’m not convinced she gets in with just one hit to her name. Jamila Woods may be too low-brow and I’m not sure if she’s even eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Personally I’m betting on “Someone You Loved” in RoTY & SoTY, if nominated. I just can’t see Bad Guy, TUN, Sucker or OTR winning (even though the latter is more likely than the others).

Honey, there hasn’t been a song that one ROTY/SOTY in a decade that won these awards that wasn’t a top 10 hit.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Jamila Woods… low-brow???????? She has one of the best reviewed and incredibly well written, sung and produced albums of the year. Also, she only had one album before this. She’s definitely in contention, but doesn’t have a hit to back her up like H.E.R. had last year with Best Part.

Everyone saying Lizzo is for sure eligible, I’m unsure… it’ll depend how much they want to bend the rules.

Lewis Capaldi
    Billie Eilish
    Lil Nas X
    Lizzo
    Megan Thee Stallion
    Maggie Rogers
    ROSALÍA
    Jamila Woods
    (a country or rock artist as an alternate)

“Low-brow” was an incorrect word choice on my part. I meant to say something similar to “unknown.”

ReplyCopy URL
    ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, low-brow would be Lil Nas X or Lewis Capaldi… and they could very well get in.

Lewis Capaldi, Billie Eilish, Lizzo, Megan Thee Stallion, Maggie Rogers, and Yola are 6 of my early picks for BNA. The last 2 spots I’m not too sure about.

I don’t think Lil Nas X will be nominated, even if “Old Town Road” gets in ROTY. DaBaby and Dean Lewis are possible, so is A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie if he’s eligible. Ava Max is a possibility, but I’m not convinced she gets in with just one hit to her name. Jamila Woods may be too low-brow and I’m not sure if she’s even eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought so. And yes, she could be too unknown for most voters, but if she gets into the top 20, the committee could pull her through.

“Low-brow” was an incorrect word choice on my part. I meant to say something similar to “unknown.”

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought so. And yes, she could be too unknown for most voters, but if she gets into the top 20, the committee could pull her through.

Maybe. My only concern for her is that the top 20 is clogged up with too many more mainstream artists, even those who have a lower chance of getting nominated, such as Ava Max, Blackpink, Lil Nas X, Morgan Wallen, etc., that she might not even make that threshold. She would have a better chance of getting nominated in the R&B field as genre committees are allowed to choose a few nominees that weren’t top vote-getters in the first round. But BNA is not outside the realm of possibility.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, there hasn’t been a song that one ROTY/SOTY in a decade that won these awards that wasn’t a top 10 hit.

And there wasn’t a non-hit song that won Best Pop Solo Performance since the creation of that category, yet it happened last year.

Either way, by the time the vote happens, Someone You Loved will be a top 10 hit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Why?

I remember someone here explained that she has more than 30 songs. She has 4 albums (Walk Through Fire, The Pines, Phantom Limb and Orphan Offering). 2 of those are with Phantom Limb (band), so she might be over the track limit.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 541 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.