Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Pop Field (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Pop Field (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 354 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
8 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
M
Xtina
  • Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Had Sam & Normani performed DWAS @BBMA, it could’ve gone #1.

Doubt it.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Is I’ll Never Love Again definitely getting submitted to Duo/Group instead of putting the solo version in Pop Solo?

Pop solo Always remember us this way is a better shot

ReplyCopy URL
    na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

Doubt it.

You doubt everything, but I will say i don’t know if it would’ve dethrone old town road. That’s a reach. But Dwas had enough points to peak at #2 with a bbmas performance. Especially considering how drastic love lies shot up the charts last year with a bbmas performance. Dwas won’t miss a nomination. The Grammys love to reward slow ballad moderate hits. Senorita will definitely get in to because they like to nominate huge songs so it won’t look like they completely overlooked them. But it won’t win. Old town road is guaranteed to go to rap/sung. They’d be front runners there and OTW has been categorized as hip hop at just about every other award show so it would be weird if they got nominated in pop duo. I don’t care getting nominated depends on how the voters feel about this era for Ed. The Grammys already have been so so about him and Justin so it’ll be interesting. It’s a little odd to think of the Jonas Brothers as grammy winners but sucker seems like the closest bet at a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

Also I feel like Post Malone moving sunflower to rap/sung would be the best decision for him. He’d so win (even though it’s obviously more pop leaning, the Grammys would accept the submission)

ReplyCopy URL
    pawlee620
    Participant
    Topics:

Same! I was like girl this is THE year for duos

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Also I feel like Post Malone moving sunflower to rap/sung would be the best decision for him. He’d so win (even though it’s obviously more pop leaning, the Grammys would accept the submission)

There’s no rapping in that song.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s no rapping in that song.

hotline bling

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

hotline bling

Fair point, but Drake has never had his album submitted to pop, Post Malone has. They view Drake as a rapper, they view Post as a pop star.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

It definitely belongs in Pop Duo/Group Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m generally excited for the pop Field this year. Last year there was only Sweetner and Shallow, and the rest was boring in those categories. This year there’s Ariana, Billie and Gaga.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

The most difficult category this year will be Best Pop Duo/GP. It could go in any direction.

For Best Pop Solo I’m predicting Someone You Loved to win (even if Gaga is nominated)

For Best Pop Vocal Album, I think Billie will win, because her album has ballads and it’s really good but Bad Guy is not.

Ariana better capitalize on Best Pop Duo/GP with her new single (if it’s good) because I can see her going home empty-handed.

Someone You Loved is simply not losing to Thank U Next. The older voters will almost certainly prefer the former and it’ll be fresher in their minds than TUN which left the charts months ago already.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! “Someone You Loved” is NOT winning Best Pop Solo Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Considering they’ve moved actual rap records to the pop field, they’re not going to let a pop song compete in Rap/Sung Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

Wouldn’t even be surprised if pop duo group was a bunch of bullshit again this year! I mean the Backstreet Boys… Christina and Demi… what a joke

ReplyCopy URL
    Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

Lana’s new album Norman Fucking Rockwell is coming out August 30th! Let’s get it!!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 354 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.