Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Pop Field (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Pop Field (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 354 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
7 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
M
Xtina
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! “Someone You Loved” is NOT winning Best Pop Solo Performance.

I was one of the few who got Best Pop Solo Performance right last year 😉

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point, I do think “Senorita” has performed well enough to score a nomination in Pop Duo/Group.

I see the nominees being…

“I Don’t Care”- Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber
    “Señorita”- Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello
    “Sucker”- Jonas Brothers
    “Sunflower”- Post Malone & Swae Lee
    “Hey Look Ma I Made It” – Panic! At the Disco

And then I think there will be a non-hit 6th nominee…

Maybe P!nk featuring Chris Stapleton
    Maybe Gaga/Cooper

Or maybe BTS with Halsey

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  24fanatic.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  24fanatic.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, that’s because you’re OBSESSED with Lady Gaga. You’re always 99.9% WRONG.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Totally forgot about that P!nk/Chris Stapleton collab. It could get in.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, that’s because you’re OBSESSED with Lady Gaga. You’re always 99.9% WRONG.

Honey, make up your mind. You’re complaining about me predicting “Someone You Loved” to win (over Gaga), yet you say last year I predicted Joanne because I’m “obsessed” with Gaga.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point, I do think “Senorita” has performed well enough to score a nomination in Pop Duo/Group. I see the nominees being… “I Don’t Care”- Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber “Señorita”- Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello “Sucker”- Jonas Brothers “Sunflower”- Post Malone & Swae Lee “Hey Look Ma I Made It” – Panic! At the Disco And then I think there will be a non-hit 6th nominee… Maybe P!nk featuring Chris Stapleton Maybe Gaga/Cooper Or maybe BTS with Halsey

“BTS with Halsey” the tragicness if it happens

ReplyCopy URL
    Dan Costa
    Participant
    Topics:

MEDIABASE Pop Radio Callouts – Top 5 For Net Positive:

1) Señorita

2) Talk

3) Trampoline

4) I Don’t Care

5) Sucker

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

You Need To Calm Down could be a big contendor for Pop Solo. Lover is already locked in pop vocal album though. I think she should release single #3 (collab) in early August so that she can get a pop duo/group nom. Cause ME! ain’t it.

ReplyCopy URL
    haimclub
    Participant
    Topics:

You Need To Calm Down lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

You Need To Calm Down could be a big contendor for Pop Solo. Lover is already locked in pop vocal album though. I think she should release single #3 (collab) in early August so that she can get a pop duo/group nom. Cause ME! ain’t it.

lmao

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

You Need To Calm Down lol

Even Billboard has said that it’s a SOTY contendor. It has a clear message to it and has some acclaim. After that Delicate snub, they owe it to her. Unless single #3 is solo then I see this song getting into this category at least. It’s message has been PRAISED my so many and I bet LGBTQ+ voters could flock to this song’s message and vote for it. It’s not a slam dunk but it’s possible

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Please. ‘Delicate’ was not snubbed and they certainly don’t owe Swift shit. YNTCD is not an LGBT anthem no matter how hard y’all try to push that narrative. That song has like what? One line about being gay? Lol. If you really think LGBT voters will mass-vote for this song, you are very much mistaken. Taylor is not happening in the GF, again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

Please. ‘Delicate’ was not snubbed and they certainly don’t owe Swift shit. YNTCD is not an LGBT anthem no matter how hard y’all try to push that narrative. That song has like what? One line about be gay? Lol. If you really think LGBT voters will mass-vote for this song, you are very much mistaken. Taylor is not happening in the GF, again.

You have Chance The Rapper on your pfp. PLEASE he literally used a homophobic slur in a track and happily re-released it in 2019. Also it is a gay anthem. Literally Polish politicians are using it to try and legalize marriage there. And it has positive reception from many gay influencers. It went right for the throats of homophobes basically telling them that they’re lifeless crazy people. Born This Way was a cute tune about saying you’re perfect no matter what. YNTCD is one of the most strikingly political songs of the decade by a female pop artist. Also what about not happening in the gf again? Imagine counting out a 10X Grammy winner, it’s like literally one of the biggest rules in music “never count out Taylor Swift.” Delicate was also snubbed, one of the most experimental pop songs of the year, all to get pushed to the side.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

predicting an award right once doesn’t mean that you’re some sort of psychic. Pleeasseee

ReplyCopy URL
    Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

You have Chance The Rapper on your pfp. PLEASE he literally used a homophobic slur in a track and happily re-released it in 2019. Also it is a gay anthem. Literally Polish politicians are using it to try and legalize marriage there. And it has positive reception from many gay influencers. It went right for the throats of homophobes basically telling them that they’re lifeless crazy people. Born This Way was a cute tune about saying you’re perfect no matter what. YNTCD is one of the most strikingly political songs of the decade by a female pop artist. Also what about not happening in the gf again? Imagine counting out a 10X Grammy winner, it’s like literally one of the biggest rules in music “never count out Taylor Swift.” Delicate was also snubbed, one of the most experimental pop songs of the year, all to get pushed to the side.

You wrote all of this… and for what?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 354 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.