Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Pop Field (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Pop Field (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 344 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
Darren
M
Xtina
  • Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

(Bold is a lock, regular is expected, Italic is possible but not likely) Best Pop Vocal Album when we fall asleep where do we go thank u, next Lover Happiness Begins A Star Is Born Norman Fu*king Rockwell Best Pop Solo thank u, next when the party’s over Always Remember Us This Way Someone You Loved Without Me Lover (yes I’m assuming she submits this) If I Can’t Have You Juice Best Pop Duo/Group Sucker Senorita Sunflower Dancing With A Stranger Hey Look Ma I Made It I Don’t Care ME! Boyfriend I put in a lot that likely won’t be nominated but this is a crowded field. ME!, Boyfriend, and I Don’t Care are not getting in but I’m just making my predictions safer.

ASIB is going to Soundtrack not Pop Vocal.

ReplyCopy URL
    caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

Updated predictions as of Lover’s release:

Best Pop Vocal Album

• Billie Eilish
    • Ariana Grande
    • Jonas Brothers
    • Lana Del Rey
    • Taylor Swift

Alternates: Backstreet Boys, Sara Bareilles, Carly Rae Jepsen (the new Pop committee may provide us surprises, so I won’t rule her out), P!nk (I’m uncertain of her this year)

obvious reminder that Robyn and Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper do not belong here

Best Pop Solo Performance

• Billie Eilish – TBD
    • Ariana Grande – TBD, most likely thank u, next
    • Lady Gaga – TBD
    • Shawn Mendes – If I Can’t Have You
    • Taylor Swift – TBD, most likely Lover

someone could make questionable decisions and send the wrong songs like Ariana & Christina last year so I just mentioned the artists.

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

• Jonas Brothers
    • Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello
    • Post Malone, Swae Lee
    • Sam Smith, Normani
    • Ed Sheeran, TBD
    ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully Shawn Mendes will be out of Pop Solo.

I think Lewis Capaldi will rightfully take that spot. Also Without Me may be too big to ignore.

I feel there will definitely be a snub in Pop Solo. I have 6 likely nominees but one of them won’t make it: Billie, Ariana, Gaga, Taylor, Lewis and Halsey.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, this will be the second year in a row that Taylor Swift loses Best Pop Vocal Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully Shawn Mendes will be out of Pop Solo. I think Lewis Capaldi will rightfully take that spot. Also Without Me may be too big to ignore. I feel there will definitely be a snub in Pop Solo. I have 6 likely nominees but one of them won’t make it: Billie, Ariana, Gaga, Taylor, Lewis and Halsey.

Halsey is old news. She ain’t gettin’ in and I wouldn’t count it as a snub as the song is very forgetable.

ReplyCopy URL
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is in an interesting spot right now, if she debuts a new single at the VMA’s she could very well send that on the other hand we got Lover which may go two ways: country or pop, it could very well go to pop. But it’s depending where she submits or what she submits.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Lady Gaga is NOT getting a Best Pop Solo Performance nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is in an interesting spot right now, if she debuts a new single at the VMA’s she could very well send that on the other hand we got Lover which may go two ways: country or pop, it could very well go to pop. But it’s depending where she submits or what she submits.

Lover will probably peak next week anyway. It’s doing very well on Spotify right now and the VMA performance will only help it even more.

She will probably submit Lover which will be a strong submission.

Ariana definitely SHOULD NOT submit 7 Rings. This category is becoming pretty competitive. Not even sure Gaga can make it with an old song. It’ll be an overperformance if she makes it.

I can totally see 7 Rings being shut out if submitted here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I Don’t Care [is] not getting in

Writing it off way too soon. It’s one of the bigger hits in the running in that category, from a hit album, by two recent Grammy winners including a recent GF winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

After finishing listening to “Lover”, I’m changing my #1 from WWAFAWDWG to Lover, for Best Pop Vocal Album.

I genuinely believe it’s a lot better than Reputation. Let’s not forget that the fact she didn’t have a #1 doesn’t really matter. She won AoTY before with an album that didn’t have a #1 song, let alone a genre category. What matters more is the sound and the quality of the album. It’s definitely the traditional TS sound that the voters loved back then.

I expect her to win Pop Album, Best Country Duo/Group Performance and Best Country Song.

She can also win SoTY with “Lover” if it peaks high this week and gets a nod. Because let’s be real, RoTY and SoTY are incredibly weak this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Taylor Swift’s Lover is NOT winning Best Pop Vocal Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe Billie still has a higher up than Taylor and most of the predicted nominees in the pop field.

*obviously not talking about sales which Billie has also accumulated tons of

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe Billie still has a higher up than Taylor and most of the predicted nominees in the pop field.

Billie will win if her competition is weak. She has the edge over Ariana because Ariana’s album feels old right now as the last single she pushed from the album was released in January. I think she really made a huge mistake by not releasing another single from “TUN”. Even if it doesn’t hit #1 it’s fine. It’s not like Boyfriend did anyway.

But Taylor’s swift album is doing very well commercially, critically, and is a much better album than Reputation.

So as of right now, I have Lewis Capaldi winning Best Pop Solo Performance (Someone You Loved is about to hit the TOP10), and Taylor Swift winning Pop Vocal Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie’s album is also a critical and commercial hit, and has had more longevity than Lover likely will, so what is your point?

The same can be said about Ariana, for that matter.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dan Costa
    Participant
    Topics:

i don’t see Someone You Loved winning anything lol but you do you.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 344 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.