Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Pop Field (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Pop Field (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 427 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
52 mins ago
replies
views
users
Darren
Aaliyah
M
  • Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Yep, he’s a lot like those artists. That’s why he’s nowhere near a lock.

However, IF he manages the nomination, then he could be a threat. AC and Hot AC will probably keep that song around until winter.

I don’t disagree with that, but he’s going to have trouble getting that nomination. I think he’s more likely in SOTY like some of those aforementioned artists, especially since he just has to make the top 20 there vs. the top 5-6 in pop, and since the song will likely keep getting bigger through the fall.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

the new Pop committee may provide us surprises

There is not a review committee for the pop field

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift missed a Pop Solo nod with a bigger song that Lover, and one that was all over radio, and lost Pop Vocal despite outselling everyone nominated combined. It’s clear that voters have moved on, and her track record in the Pop field isn’t even that good to begin with.

Ariana and Billie had bigger eras, more streams, more buzz, bigger singles (#1 singles, exactly)… The only thing Taylor has is better-than-average reviews (that could drop) and great sales, which didn’t help last year. Why exactly is she winning again?

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift lost to Ariana right at a time when the latter is peaking with the #1 song in the country while voters are voting, whereas Taylor Swift’s album is basically old news and not well-received.

Doesn’t mean it’ll happen every time. In fact, the timing, which helped Ariana last year will hurt her this year. I see Taylor and Billie both ahead of her.

I think it’s clearly between Taylor and Billie at this point.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift lost to Ariana right at a time when the latter is peaking with the #1 song in the country while voters are voting, whereas Taylor Swift’s album is basically old news and not well-received.

Doesn’t mean it’ll happen every time. In fact, the timing, which helped Ariana last year will hurt her this year. I see Taylor and Billie both ahead of her.

I think it’s clearly between Taylor and Billie at this point.

You’re well aware that Ariana has a whole soundtrack coming around by November, including the lead single which will surely be a moderate hit. Hell, she could release another album for all we know.

If Lover ends up like Reputation, it’ll be forgotten by December.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Dude, you are obsessed with Ariana.

Taylor is not winning Pop Album and Ariana is definitely ahead of her (but isn’t winning either).

Hell, Ed Sheeran is probably more likely to win than they are (and he’s not winning either!).

ReplyCopy URL
    Alexandra
    Participant
    Topics:

I think its too soon to tell. If Taylor can pull out a strong radio hit, I actually think she will win. Reputation too me was a significant drop in quality and a lot of songs on Lover are quite good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Aaliyah
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, posters thought Reputation would win Best Pop Vocal Album when it first came out. Taylor Swift is NOT an automatic when she releases.

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, posters thought Reputation would win Best Pop Vocal Album when it first came out. Taylor Swift is NOT an automatic when she releases.

reputation isn’t an album that appealed to everyone. Lover however is right up voters ally. It’s an album full of love and beautiful songwriting. This is Taylor’s best album to date. The Grammys would be cesto ignore this masterpiece.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t say that Lover is Taylor’s best album to date, but it’s definitely in the top echelon. I did not expect to be saying that after how bad the two singles for it were.

ReplyCopy URL
    Aaliyah
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Lover is NOT a masterpiece.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alexandra
    Participant
    Topics:

Reputation was not a good album though. It had a few decent songs but the quality just wasnt there. She didn’t deserve to win. Ariana rightfully won. Lover might end up being Taylor’s highest rated album on metacritic. A pop vocal album win isn’t out of the question.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

1. The best-reviewed albums don’t always win, especially in the pop field.

2. Even if that’s what you want to base a hypothetical Taylor win on, Ariana and Billie have higher Metacritic scores.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Lover is NOT a masterpiece.

You’re getting Lover confused with Bionic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re getting Lover confused with Bionic.

Both are trash

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 427 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.