Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Pop Field (Part 4)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Pop Field (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 403 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
M
Boz
  • OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

We’ll find out, come November.. it’s not like they’ll lose sleep, Sam doesn’t even like receiving awards in the first place, long as their career stays in tact while being one of the most successful gay artists of our generation.

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

And most of these reasons are invalid

I’d love to hear your reasoning behind that considering all of those songs except I’ll Never Love Again are bigger than Dancing with a Stranger, and Lady Gaga has proven she can be nominated and even win with non hits, Sam Smith has failed to he nominated for all their hits except Stay with Me.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d love to hear your reasoning behind that considering all of those songs except I’ll Never Love Again are bigger than Dancing with a Stranger, and Lady Gaga has proven she can be nominated and even win with non hits, Sam Smith has failed to he nominated for all their hits except Stay with Me.

Like I said, Gaga deserves her nominations, and some of these don’t… like High Hopes and Happier, hits from last year, from band groups that barely has one nod, Live Performances should really have their category btw

DWAS has been nothing but an organic hit all year, over 1b streams in all streaming platforms, 5ooM on Spotify, 460M on youtube.. been a radio stable all year (Still Top 5 in AC radio and top 20 in Overall Radio) still in top 50 in billboard and hasn’t left since it’s release, not to mention over 6M sold WW, all this done without any sort of live performances

Again.. NO REASON but if they do get snubbed than its a damn shame.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  OneAndOnly.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  OneAndOnly.

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll Never Love Again is a great song. But whether its quality and moderate success alone can get a nom in a competitive category? I’m doubtful.

Sure it has 200M+ streams and around 200M views but Gaga won this televised category last year with a song from the same album so I don’t know if they’ll nominate her again.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t understand why some people insist High Hopes won’t get in just because it’s live. It’s like some of you forgot that All of Me, Fragile, Halo, and Havana were all nominated for live versions, and Happy, Hey Soul Sister, Set Fire to the Rain, and This Love all WON with live recordings. The same principle applies to the stripped version of Happier.

ReplyCopy URL
    lukeaanthony
    Participant
    Topics:

hmmm I don’t the the 1975 being nominated in a “pop” category

ReplyCopy URL
    Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t understand why some people insist High Hopes won’t get in just because it’s live. It’s like some of you forgot that All of Me, Fragile, Halo, and Havana were all nominated for live versions, and Happy, Hey Soul Sister, Set Fire to the Rain, and This Love all WON with live recordings. The same principle applies to the stripped version of Happier.

Kinda don’t see it because they have consistently ignored P!ATD.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

Kinda don’t see it because they have consistently ignored P!ATD.

The only other hit Panic has had that was close to being High Hopes big is I Write Sins Not Tragedies 13 years ago, I don’t think it being ignored hurts them now. High Hopes is too big to ignore, it’s a lock along with Sucker and Señorita.

ReplyCopy URL
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie isn’t winning both Pop Perf and Pop Album. She’s more likely to take the award for ‘bad guy’ (ugh). Lizzo isn’t winning Pop Perf.

See no reason why Ariana wouldn’t take the Album.

Billie Eilish is not winning for WHISPERING on a song, so stop with the stan bullshit; it is nowhere near being the biggest hit either, which is what they usually give the award to in pop, so it has to be stan bullshit that has people saying that is the frontrunner.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

If the biggest hit wins, it’ll be 7 Rings not Truth Hurts, at least as of now. That can change if Truth Hurts stays longer than 8 weeks at #1.

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Truth Hurts might be at #1 for a little while longer.

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana is missing AOTY and you’ve seen it here first.

Ariana will not miss AOTy. However he won’t win as it is filler.

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Omg it’ll be weird if she did miss again ( not saying she is ) she would be robbed tbh .

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

My winners predictions:

Pop Solo: Billie Eilish

Pop Album: Billie Eilish

Pop Duo/Group: Post Malone & Swae Lee

I think Billie Eilish is taking both of her pop categories. She’s arguably had a bigger moment than Ariana this year. I would’ve said they would split, but the chances of Ariana winning in the category she was more likely to win, Pop Solo, was screwed by her submission. I would’ve predicted differently if TUN song was submitted.

If Post loses, it would be his Dark Horse moment and he is definitely the next Katy Perry. My second choice for that category is The Jonas Brothers, then Sean Mendes and Camilla Cabayo.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 403 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.