Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Pop Field (Part 4)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Pop Field (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 403 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
M
Boz
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Duo is so shitty this year, that I honestly hope either I’ll Never Love Again or Dancing With a Stranger get nominated and win.

I feel those are the only two songs that sound as good as previous winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    airstar54
    Participant
    Topics:

Why should they sound like previous winners? Might as well awards the songs of old again

ReplyCopy URL
    More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

Aren’t yall tired of the same shit winning every year??

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t say sound like, I said sound as good as.

Feel It Still is very different from Shallow. But both are very good songs.

That’s not the case for OTR, Senorita and Sucker for example.

ReplyCopy URL
    nicole94
    Participant
    Topics:

Camila and Shawn kinda ruined senorita with watever they’re doing. When the song first came out I looooved it for a good ~sexy summer bop~ don’t get me wrong it’s not groundbreaking but the production is very very good and shawns voice in it sounds like butter and his lyrics are quite nice in it. There are some good harmonizing/vocal

moments from them together but I think they kinda made themselves and senorita the laughing Stock of the music industry.

jmo

ReplyCopy URL
    ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

I think they kinda made themselves and senorita the laughing Stock of the music industry.

I definitely agree. Senorita was a strong moment for both artists, until their clownery turned the song and their public personas into a joke. I agree Sean serves good vocals as he normally does. But hearing Camila’s annoying whiney voice makes me want to vomit as per usual. I block the tune of her voice out whenever I have to listen to this average song.

ReplyCopy URL
    ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

They should have let Shawn Mendes sing the song himself. But I have to say that the song aligns more with Camila’s style.

Babe, tell me about it. I don’t even care if it’s her style. Just get her voice out of the air waves, please. I would pay money for a Sean solo of Senorita. But speaking of her “style,” it’s also getting on my nerves! I’m tired of her consistent cheap lyricism:

Havana: Half of my heart is in Havana, ooh-na-na (ay, ay). He took me back to East Atlanta, na-na-na
    Senorita: But every touch is ooh la la la, It’s true, la la la
    Liar: Oh no, there I go, startin’ up a fire. Oh no, no (ooh, oh no no).

I know stuttering is very common in music, especially pop music, but Camila is becoming a one trick pony for constantly regurgitating the same songwriting formula. (I know I sound like a hater, but I actually like Camila. She’s cool as a person.).

ReplyCopy URL
    More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

Camila and Shawn kinda ruined senorita with watever they’re doing. When the song first came out I looooved it for a good ~sexy summer bop~ don’t get me wrong it’s not groundbreaking but the production is very very good and shawns voice in it sounds like butter and his lyrics are quite nice in it. There are some good harmonizing/vocal moments from them together but I think they kinda made themselves and senorita the laughing Stock of the music industry. jmo

I was actually rooting for them. But now I just don’t know. They both need to get their shit together, especially Ms. Cabello and this fucking mess of an album rollout.

ReplyCopy URL
    More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

Babe, tell me about it. I don’t even care if it’s her style. Just get her voice out of the air waves, please. I would pay money for a Sean solo of Senorita. But speaking of her “style,” it’s also getting on my nerves! I’m tired of her consistent cheap lyricism: Havana: Half of my heart is in Havana, ooh-na-na (ay, ay). He took me back to East Atlanta, na-na-na Senorita: But every touch is ooh la la la, It’s true, la la la Liar: Oh no, there I go, startin’ up a fire. Oh no, no (ooh, oh no no). I know stuttering is very common in music, especially pop music, but Camila is becoming a one trick pony for constantly regurgitating the same songwriting formula. (I know I sound like a hater, but I actually like Camila. She’s cool as a person.).

Your opinion is subjective. You realize she has a whole album thats sounds nothing like Havana…right? Maybe if you listened to that instead of complaining about ” formulaic songwriting” you’d find something you enjoy Arianator, instead of just listening to the singles. Her voice needs improvement but we aren’t gonna say that the girl “can’t sing” when she clearly can (Unlike someone else who really can’t). And that “One Trick Pony” argument can be spoken about Mr. Mendes aswell. People have been complaining for YEARS about his music being monotonous and lacking versatility. Shawn puts himself in box waaaay more than Camila does. And one last thing, saying that an artist needs to switch things up when they but their heritage( Latin influences) in her music is kinda offensive. I have no problem with her incorporating Latin into her music because she actually comes from that culture (unlike a lot of these other culture vulture Pop tarts). And people wonder why Pop music is so boring now… You don’t want artists to put their personal experiences and heritage in their music…

ReplyCopy URL
    nicole94
    Participant
    Topics:

What I find the most funny is how all her little stans say she gave shawn a number 1 and how it’s all her impact but at the end of the day doesn’t mendes have like 5 solo top tens ? Camilas been flopping with everything since never be the same

aside from senorita. Her new era is a total mess. Anyway I won’t get into that since this is a grammy thread but LOL glad im not the only one that thinks senoirta would’ve sounded better as a solo from shawn or with another female artist

ReplyCopy URL
    nicole94
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Maybe I was too harsh to say the laughing stock of the industry… stan twitter is pressed about them but I see the song still smashing and on its way to a billion streams so… the general public doesn’t seem to care about what they’re doing or even notice lol. And if the worst they’ll do is a little PR relationship probably orchestrated by their labels or whoever then I guess worse is happening in the music industry! yea I try to positive on this site… LOL</p>

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Pop Vocal Album
    Norman Fucking Rockwell! – Lana Del Rey
    thank u, next – Ariana Grande
    WHEN WE FALL ASLEEP WHERE DO? – Billie Eilish
    Happiness Begins – Jonas Brothers
    Lover – Taylor Swift

Best Pop Solo Performance
    bad guy – Billie Eilish
    Always Remember Us This Way – Lady Gaga
    Truth Hurts – Lizzo
    7 rings – Ariana Grande
    [Surprise Nominee]

Best Pop/Group Duo Performance
    I Don’t Care – Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber
    Old Town Road (Remix) – Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus
    Sucker – Jonas Brothers
    Señorita – Camila & Shawn Mendes
    Sunflower – Post Malone & Swae Lee

I think I’m gonna stick with this until then.

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Dancing with a Stranger wasn’t even submitted to Pop/Duo. Based on what, I stumbled upon on Natalie’s twitter replies.

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

Dancing with a Stranger wasn’t even submitted to Pop/Duo. Based on what, I stumbled upon on Natalie’s twitter replies.

What?! Are you serious? Well I guess this buts that argument to rest. Hahah! Sam didn’t even bother submitting DWAS. They clearly don’t give a shit about the Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, it was.
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/8531447/top-10-hits-2019-competing-grammy-nomination-process

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 403 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.