Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Pop Field (Part 4)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Pop Field (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 398 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Cameron
M
More Than a W..
  • Profile picture
    nicole94
    Topics:

i Doubt Gaga is getting in. It just feels tired at this point. She had her year… she can wait for LG6. I could see Capaldi getting in the GF but missing pop solo. Kind of like mendes last year. I feel like pop loves their super poppy energy songs while the GF loves their ballads

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

Honey, I saw this coming too knowing Beyoncé’s greedy ass. But, the great thing is that The Lion King: The Gift does NOT have a chance in hell of getting a Best Pop Vocal Album nomination. Let us all rejoice! 🙂

Period. Liberation should’ve been nominated in Best World Music Album… such a snub 😭😭😭

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sheeow
    Topics:

you must be dumb if you don’t see a difference

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

you must be dumb if you don’t see a difference

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

I think Gaga only Submitted whatever was on her FYC unless HDD says anything extra.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sheeow
    Topics:

lmfao, home boy can’t come up with arguments so he keeps using gifs. sorry that internet is too much for you

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Yeah I’m gonna assume those are Gaga’s submissions until proven otherwise.

I can understand why she isn’t in Song Written In Visual Media since she was competing with the same soundtrack there last year.

But why not Pop Solo/Pop Duo? No way the screening committee rejected them. Shallow from the soundtrack was allowed to compete. And The Gift which is a soundtrack is apparently allowed to compete in Pop as well.

The only possible reason is that Interscope intentionally withheld those submissions and that would be really shady.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

lmfao, home boy can’t come up with arguments so he keeps using gifs. sorry that internet is too much for you

Because whats there to argue about, that Beyonce is black? She’s African American, her ancestors are African, she is very much in touch with her African culture… so how can she steal a culture that is HERS..?

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

The only possible reason is that Interscope intentionally withheld those submissions and that would be really shady.

They probably didn’t submit Pop Solo so Billie can get her chance and I thought since The Gift didn’t have songs in the movie (besides Spirit) that its allowed to compete in genre noms and not Compilation Album right…??

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

They probably didn’t submit Pop Solo so Billie can get her chance and I thought since The Gift didn’t have songs in the movie (besides Spirit) that its allowed to compete in genre noms and not Compilation Album right…??

Yeah considering Gaga and Billie are from the same label. That’s probably why. They’re full force behind Billie this year. That’d still suck though, because Lewis will probably be able to get all the older vote for himself without splitting with Gaga, and now I see him as even more likely to win.

The Gift being allowed is expected. Pop requirements are lenient. Even ASIB could’ve been competing in Pop as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Best Pop Solo will probably be back to mainly hits this year. I think “Truth Hurts” is competitive.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

I think Gaga only Submitted whatever was on her FYC unless HDD says anything extra.

Highly doubt that. It’s probably not to load the ad which already had too much information so there was no need to included below the line categories, the voters will see its name after checking it in the big ones. (Compilation Soundtrack is obviously in the poster since it’s her best chance to win a Grammy next year and basically a lock now)

Chromatica and Fetch the Bolt Cutters AOTYs yeah

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Yeah I’m gonna assume those are Gaga’s submissions until proven otherwise.

I can understand why she isn’t in Song Written In Visual Media since she was competing with the same soundtrack there last year.

But why not Pop Solo/Pop Duo? No way the screening committee rejected them. Shallow from the soundtrack was allowed to compete. And The Gift which is a soundtrack is apparently allowed to compete in Pop as well.

The Gift is NOT a Soundtrack. So it competing for a genre award is justified.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

If Panini and Hotline Bling can be submitted in Rap/sung performance, why can’t Truth Hurts? In fact Hotline Bling won Rap/sung performance and Rap song and it has even less rap than Truth Hurts lol

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 398 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.