Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards: Reactions to winners (and losers) – Part 6

2020 Grammy Awards: Reactions to winners (and losers) – Part 6

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 278 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
Darren
PoweR
Babygirl
  • Profile picture
    asuka
    Topics:

Whew I was perched to see you fume after you dragged Billie nonstop for months.

And I will continue to drag her. Say no to payola.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Random but I’m tired of Bruno getting dragged for winning, though I would’ve preferred Kendrick, 24k Magic is a fantastic album tbh. I stan Lorde but her stans need to get over it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JustGuy89
    Topics:

Random but I’m tired of Bruno getting dragged for winning, though I would’ve preferred Kendrick, 24k Magic is a fantastic album tbh. I stan Lorde but her stans need to get over it.

this gif is everything

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    asuka
    Topics:

Oop spill for once. Bruno TALENT.

Pure Heroine was better anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

I’m talking about Christopher Cross and Norah Jones.

Jesse Harris wrote “Don’t Know Why,” so Norah Jones isn’t considered in the group of General Field Grammy sweepers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

They didn’t get last year right when Dirty Computer exists

Dirty Computer and Golden Hour both deserved. It was really a win/win (for me ) but her album was the least competitive.

I’m just happy it didn’t go to Drake with his least appealing album imo but he wasn’t gonna win anyway he got blocked by the Rap Panel in Rap Album.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by deshunfenty.

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

I’m so glad J. Cole was able to win his first Grammy. My last minute predictions were Nipsey for Best Rap Performance & Best Rap/Sung Performance, “a lot” for Best Rap Song and Tyler for Best Rap Album. So, everything went well.

Now it’s time to get Nas a Grammy. I have a feeling his first Grammy will be Best R&B Performance or something.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

I’ll try to keep it positive, though I will say that I don’t think I’ll ever understand the appeal of “Bad Guy”, nor what could’ve possessed the entire voting body to make such a bland, forgettable song their go-to choice for not only ROTY but SOTY (when God knows, there were better alternatives). The only saving grace was Lizzo’s Pop Solo Performance win (how Billie’s barely-audible, mumbling “vocals” — and by vocals, I’m being very generous — in “Bad Guy” could even be considered a frontrunner much less be nominated in this category, will forever elude me).

Happy that Sara Bareilles won her first Grammy (finally!) and Peter Kater scored a very deserving second win for Best New Age Album (been a fan of his work for many years).

Even though the majority of the performances on the telecast (as is usually the norm at the Grammys) were overly self-indulgent and could’ve benefitted from trimming for much-needed time, I did enjoy the tributes to Prince and Nipsey, and found Demi Lovato and Camila Cabello’s performances most moving. The lighting crew also did an all-around excellent job.

And kudos to Alicia Keys for acing it as host for the second year in a row.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

PJ Morton is slowly becoming the male Lalah Hathaway

In 2 years he will have more Grammys than his bandmate Adam Levine lol

And yet he couldn’t bring one home for Jazmine. I’m SICK.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Honestly I knew Billie had AOTY on lock the second they nominated her album for Best Engineering. I predicted a sweep but I kinda felt she’d falter in SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

She should’ve faltered in SOTY and ROTY. AOTY and BNA were deserved.

But what pisses me off to this day is the sweep. Lizzo or OTR should’ve won something. But whatever.. Voters will probably wait another 10 years to allow a black person to win ROTY/SOTY after Gambino (who was the first to do so since Beyoncé in 2010), and probably never AOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

It was kinda wishful thinking imagining Lizzo would win AOTY and I was like hell, if Beyonce, Kendrick, etc couldn’t do it ion think they’ll do it with a new black artist.

But it could’ve been possible but Billie had the bigger support from the technical side (producers,engineers,mixers)+ regular genre voters.

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

Funny how people in here are trying to build a narrative of Billie being a safe choice.
    Billie is NOT a safe choice at all. She’s weird, she looks weird, her singing is quite different from what we see in the bussiness, so do not act like if a girl drinking a dark liquid and crying it in a morbid video is a safe choice because it is not.

3 new artists were undeniable last year

a fat black woman
    a gay black man
    a white young girl

guess who won in the general field?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

3 new artists were undeniable last year

a fat black woman
    a gay black man
    a white young girl

guess who won in the general field?

The one who had the biggest year and the most acclaim. Lol.

The race-baiting (a phrase I almost never use) is tiring.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 278 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.