Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards: Reactions to winners (and losers) – Part 5

2020 Grammy Awards: Reactions to winners (and losers) – Part 5

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 537 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Babygirl
Darren
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Girl stop pretending you care about racism and black artists. Last year you were mad when your precious Gaga lost ROTY & SOTY against “This is America”.

SOTY yes I thought Shallow deserved and it does, but guess what, not only I was fine with This Is America winning ROTY, but I was also hoping BP wins AOTY. So the lineup I wished for would’ve been diverse enough.

Stop with your delusion. To give all 4 major artists to white artists when two of the three biggest stars of the year are black is blatantly unfair.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Honestly, what I’m mostly upset about is ROTY.

It was just very disrespectful to give it Bad Guy on top of all the other awards. They needed to share the wealth. OTR whether you like it or hate it made history. It’s just the biggest song in history. And while it’s not a great song in my opinion, neither is Bad Guy. So at least give it to the one that made history.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Honestly, what I’m mostly upset about is ROTY.

It was just very disrespectful to give it Bad Guy on top of all the other awards. They needed to share the wealth. OTR whether you like it or hate it made history. It’s just the biggest song in history. And while it’s not a great song in my opinion, neither is Bad Guy. So at least give it to the one that made history.

They’re not the Billboard Awards. They aren’t obligated to give it to the biggest hit. If they thought “Bad Guy” was the better song then it should have won the Grammy. Besides, Lil Nas X won two awards. I don’t remember you ranting like this when “Despacito” went home empty handed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Not a peep from the “interim” Grammy president last night lmao. Neil Portnow never missed a chance to run his damn mouth during a telecast. #Dugangate2020.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Breheney
    Topics:

I will never get the people complaining about OTR losing. It was a meme/novelty song from the start.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

They’re not the Billboard Awards. They aren’t obligated to give it to the biggest hit. If they thought “Bad Guy” was the better song then it should have won the Grammy. Besides, Lil Nas X won two awards. I don’t remember you ranting like this when “Despacito” went home empty handed.

Despacito didn’t as much of an impact as OTR, it tied Mariah’s already existing record. Also the song is in spanish. So it’s understandable why it lost and I never thought it was going to win, nor should it win. And a POC won that award anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Oblivion
    Topics:

I love Billie and bad guy is literally my 2nd most played song of 2019 but bad guy is a ”meme song” too.

I still don’t get why she didn’t win BPSP lmao. Makes zero sense

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

I suppose you lost big time betting on white when This is America won last year and Bruno Mars won the year before in the general field.

Were they both white too?

Go cry racism some place else where it is truly deserved. Like the White House and how blacks are screwed by this administration. And youR voice can actually make a difference. But I don’t think you really care too much about racism at all. All you care about is Ariana and Lizzo losing the Grammys top awards, as if anything other than blacks winning the top awards is racism. Are you related to Kanye, also known as Trump lover?

whew chile, the meltdown over nothing 💀

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Not a peep from the “interim” Grammy president last night lmao. Neil Portnow never missed a chance to run his mouth during a telecast. #Dugangate2020.

I was reading in an article last week that Dugan had never planned to speak during the telecast, so there was likely not time to squeeze Mason in. Mason spoke at the premiere ceremony.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Oblivion
    Topics:

A Star Is Born would NOT have won AOTY if nominated. In fact, I kinda believe it didn’t make The Top 20 because voters thought that was already rewarded last year

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I love Billie and bad guy is literally my 2nd most played song of 2019 but bad guy is a ”meme song” too. I still don’t get why she didn’t win BPSP lmao. Makes zero sense

I don’t get it too but Lizzo’s not that bad. I for one am happy about the Billie and Finneas sweep. Third artist in history. Norah Jones should release a good song so she’d be the fourth.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

It’s sad that 3/8’s of the AOTY category were considered afterthoughts on the show. I know Bon Iver didn’t bother attending, but for ALL those performance slots last night, Lana and Vampire Weekend should have had those too. It made it seem like the real top five contenders were Lizzo, Billie, Ariana, H.E.R., and Lil Nas X, which isn’t the case either with two of those five losing entirely and VW winning Alternative Album. Sad seeing so many irrelevant performances, a tribute to an arrogant and biased producer, and a sorry broadcast as a whole this year.

Yeah I almost turned off my TV last night when I saw that even that producer was getting a tribute. The award show was so bad, hopefully the new producer can do it better next year.

Lana and Vampire Weekend deserved to perform for sure.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

A Star Is Born would NOT have won AOTY if nominated. In fact, I kinda believe it didn’t make The Top 20 because voters thought that was already rewarded last year

So an album track from the album apparently made the cut and ranked higher than Bring My Flowers Now, but the album which is bigger didn’t?

Nice logic.

It clearly made the cut, and the top 5 most likely. Whether it would’ve won or not is a different question.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

bad guy makes sense as a ROTY winner. The production was amazing, it sounded fresh/different from the start, it was continually used in movie trailers throughout the year. It’s actually a good ROTY winner imo.

SOTY is where it falls flat for me. But it’s clear that people are just voting for their favorite song/artist without consideration for the differences between SOTY and ROTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

The “meme” argument is so fucking dumb honestly. Guess what, literally every hit nowadays is turned into a meme because we live in a meme culture. OTR was no more of a meme song than Bad Guy or Truth Hurts but go off

And what’s wrong with being a “novelty” song ? Bad Guy is “fresh and original” but suddenly the novelty argument is used against OTR, yikes 💀

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Seven.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Seven.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 537 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.