Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards: Reactions to winners (and losers) – Part 5

2020 Grammy Awards: Reactions to winners (and losers) – Part 5

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 537 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Babygirl
Darren
  • Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

Lizzo had support from the Pop & R&B spectrum. It made sense to why she won plus her song did had a better performance than bad guy.

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

bad guy makes sense as a ROTY winner. The production was amazing, it sounded fresh/different from the start, it was continually used in movie trailers throughout the year. It’s actually a good ROTY winner imo. SOTY is where it falls flat for me. But it’s clear that people are just voting for their favorite song/artist without consideration for the differences between SOTY and ROTY.

True. So true. But oh well, it could’ve been worse. SOTY has been victim of some not-so-great choices in recent times. I don’t mind “bad guy” though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

What happened is, in the GF the avalanche of old white voters from other genres like American Roots, Country, and all of those genres came into play…

As slate put it nicely: “the image I formed of white boomer Grammy voters chuckling, “aw, she reminds me of my grandkids,” and then checking every box next to [Billie’s] name”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Werk, Anderson. Paak for winning both of his nominations.  He can get it!  YUM!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, that’s the problem.  Those old white voter dudes got to go.  There needs to be a fresh and diverse group of voters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

What happened is, in the GF the avalanche of old white voters from other genres like American Roots, Country, and all of those genres came into play…

As slate put it nicely: “the image I formed of white boomer Grammy voters chuckling, “aw, she reminds me of my grandkids,” and then checking every box next to [Billie’s] name”

Why didn’t the white voters vote for the white friendly Shallow last year though?

I guess they liked more “This is America” then.

Either way both This is America and Bad Guy were the most acclaimed songs of the ROTY & SOTY nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mama
    Topics:

Fun fact: Billie Eilish has now the same amount of Grammys as Mariah Carey and has more GF wins than Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift combined. I am still shocked that Billie lost what appeared to be one of the biggest locks- Pop Solo. Also, I am still surprised she didn’t get into BMV- she would win there too easily.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kanil032
    Topics:

Fun fact: Billie Eilish has now the same amount of Grammys as Mariah Carey and has more GF wins than Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift combined. I am still shocked that Billie lost what appeared to be one of the biggest locks- Pop Solo. Also, I am still surprised she didn’t get into BMV- she would win there too easily.

Honey, Taylor Swift 2 AOTY wins alone outawarded others grammys counts…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

If I was in charge of the Grammys this is what I’d change:

1. Combine Record of the Year and Song of the Year and just call it Record of the Year. Award the artist(s), producer(s) and songwriter(s) with one award instead of splitting, as voters clearly don’t make any distinction between the two.

2. Only invite General Field nominees to perform. Artists who aren’t even nominated in any category being allowed to perform is a wasted slot and a waste of time.

3. Scrap tribute performances altogether, unless the artist whose passed has an extensive Grammy history or outstanding impact on music. Artists like Nipsey Hussle, who had very limited impact on music, need nothing more than a mention on their In Memoriam presentation.

4. Cut down on the number of performances and televise more awards. Like I said previously there are far too many unnecessary performances. It’s an awards show after all.

5. Combined all Duo/Group Performance categories with Solo Performance categories. I’ve never understood why they’ve always been separated.

6. Combine Performance categories with Song categories in every genre. Just like combining ROTY/SOTY, the artist, producer(s) and songwriter(s) would all be awarded with the same award.

7. Get rid or combine the majority of those Classical categories. Not sure why there’s so many – most of them are awarding the same thing. There’s other categories I think should be combined in other genres but I can’t be bothered going into detail.

8. Preferential voting in Album of the Year. With the expansion of the number of nominees, I think it’s time the Grammys follow the Oscars footsteps in the way they vote for Best Picture .

9. Go Host-less. My God Alicia Keys has been AWFUL the last two years. Again they should follow the Oscars footsteps and try without a host. It makes the show run smoother and imo, is a lot more entertaining.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    NASA
    Topics:

Gurl!

Ariana Grande brought the highest peak of audience during her performance at the 2020 GRAMMYs throughout all vehicles of exhibition (TV, streaming and etc).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Oblivion
    Topics:

Did anyone notice that they called and spelled Billie’s album as WHEN WE FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? They forgot the ALL

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Breheney
    Topics:

The claims that voters always vote for the same artist in SOTY and ROTY are false. Over the last decade including this years ceremony, the same artist has won both 6 times so there’s been 4 occasions where they’ve gone to different artists. So it’s more even than you think.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Breheney
    Topics:

Did anyone notice that they called and spelled Billie’s album as WHEN WE FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? They forgot the ALL

So were people on here lol. They were abbreviating it as WWFA, WDWG? instead of WWAFA, WDWG?.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Oblivion
    Topics:

So were people on here lol. They were abbreviating it as WWFA, WDWG? instead of WWAFA, WDWG?.

To be fair most people tend to leave it out for whatever reasons but the Grammys could’ve at least checked twice cause yikes

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Kinda surprised that Gaga still struggles to win in the GF. Shallow was perfect Grammy catnip

On another note, I like the way her and Bey skipped the ceremony, gave no fuck but still won

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 537 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.