Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 842 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Pauly Antonio
Boz
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

There wouldn’t be a better year to recognize Lana in AoTY. I think this will be the year considering AoTY isn’t really competitive. I’m pretty sure she’ll make the list and it’ll be up to the committee to nominate her or not.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

These are my picks

1. Almeda by Solange
    2. when the party’s over/bury a friend by Billie Eilish
    3. Old Town Road by Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus
    4. Cellophane by FKA Twigs
    5. Con Altura by Rosalía

First 4 are definitely contenders, I don’t think “Con Altura” is

Lil Dicky could fill the last spot with “Earth.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

This year’s nomination is gonna have predictors shocked.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

First 4 are definitely contenders, I don’t think “Con Altura” is

Lil Dicky could fill the last spot with “Earth.”

IDK, I’m still not convinced Earth is going to be respected. My next bet would be either Preach by John Legend or Tints by Anderson .Paak.

ReplyCopy URL
    supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

These are my picks 1. Almeda by Solange 2. when the party’s over/bury a friend by Billie Eilish 3. Old Town Road by Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus 4. Cellophane by FKA Twigs 5. Con Altura by Rosalía

I was thinking Cellophane and OTR. For some reason, I feel like Billie will be snubbed here. I’m also kind of hoping Earfquake can slide in there.. otherwise I have no idea

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Lana will get in aoty, the twinks will riot if she doesn’t… but I cant help but notice that Billie could get a grammy before Lana, someone to who Billie was heavily compared by since her debut…. a gag! 🙂

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I was thinking Cellophane and OTR. For some reason, I feel like Billie will be snubbed here. I’m also kind of hoping Earfquake can slide in there.. otherwise I have no idea

Earfquake is a fun music video, but they tend to go for more political and artsy ones.

I think Billie is a lock with WTPO. or Bury a Friend. Bad Guy is not getting in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Any ideas on who could be nominated for Best Music Video? Honestly am having trouble coming up with some possibilities.

land of the free by the killers, this land by gary clark jr, or doin time by lana del rey should be brought up here.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Earfquake is a fun music video, but they tend to go for more political and artsy ones. I think Billie is a lock with WTPO. or Bury a Friend. Bad Guy is not getting in.

Agreed. That’s just wishful thinking on my part!

Do you think Lana would be a contender? Fuck it i love you/The greatest and Doin Time are nowhere near her best music videos, but they are still quite beautiful and fit NFR perfectly. I’d love to see a nom but I’m doubtful it will happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Lana will get in aoty, the twinks will riot if she doesn’t… but I cant help but notice that Billie could get a grammy before Lana, someone to who Billie was heavily compared by since her debut…. a gag! 🙂

i really don’t think lana will be nominated in AOTY. the pop field is already too big, and i really think the album is extremely ahead of say ariana or gaga. if she sells a decent amount of copies, i wouldn’t keep her out of the discuss at all.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  mcm.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

i really don’t think lana will be nominated in AOTY. the pop field is already too big, and i really think the album is extremely ahead of say ariana or gaga. if she sells a decent amount of copies, i wouldn’t keep her out of the discuss at all.

its projected to be a low seller but a high critic score…following the same path as Brandi, Kacey, Janelle, and Lorde. She’s gonna have alt voters on her side just like Billie

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

If Lana is allowed to compete in Alternative she’ll win a Grammy for sure.

I don’t understand why Beck is allowed there yet Lana isn’t. If anything Lana fits alternative way more than Beck.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

its projected to be a low seller but a high critic score…following the same path as Brandi, Kacey, Janelle, and Lorde. She’s gonna have alt voters on her side just like Billie

wouldn’t those alternative voters go for Billie Eilish, someone who has more success commercially with a number one album and song? Also there are other alternative and rock acts with much more critical and commercial success like Father of the Bride, A Brief Inquiry of Online Relationships, This Land, and ofc the new Billie record. Lana getting a nom wouldn’t be easy at all, but for sure it wouldn’t out of reach.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizo reaching number one over bad guy and señorita this weekend helps her chances. If she continues she could walk away with a general field Grammy.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

wouldn’t those alternative voters go for Billie Eilish, someone who has more success commercially with a number one album and song? Also there are other alternative and rock acts with much more critical and commercial success like Father of the Bride, A Brief Inquiry of Online Relationships, This Land, and ofc the new Billie record. Lana getting a nom wouldn’t be easy at all, but for sure it wouldn’t out of reach.

Maybe some voters could split, but NFR is more ALTERNATIVE and shes not stranger to the Grammys, but they’d still put it in pop, especially if LFL and Paradise was in pop.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 842 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.