Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 808 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +33 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Pauly Antonio
Boz
  • Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Pure Heroine was released 3 days before the eligibility period ended. It barely had time to make noise. It wasn’t THAT critically successful and wasn’t THAT amazing in sales compared to the success Royals and Team has. This isn’t the same situation for Billie….

It did make some noises tho,where have you been that time? Royals was smashing during the submitting/voting period. Anyway, you can’t compared sales in 2019 with 2013 especially when SPS hadn’t been implemented to the chart yet. If streaming and track sales were counted for BB200 back in 2013 then, I can see Pure Heroine performing similar to WWFAWDWG. I just cannot at you acting like Billie gets an exceptional score in critic department and belittle her competitors. Her album gets 81 Metascore based on 19 reviews, heck TUN surpasses it with 86 based on 24 reviews meanwhile Lover has 79 Metascore with 25 reviews and more reviews are coming, probably pushing the score to 80 or even higher.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Does it lack a smash hit? Yes, though YNTCD is shaping up to be a hit.

It’s projected to fall out the top 10 next week (again) and is free-falling on radio.

ReplyCopy URL
    Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh it’s okay to bear animosity towards Taylor Swift, but let’s not pretend that a difference of 2-7 points in MC score is that big of a difference. “way more acclaim” you falsely claim. No it isn’t “way more”, it’s slightly more. The truth is that Lover was well-received, and sold pretty well in today’s album sales climate. Does it lack a smash hit? Yes, though YNTCD is shaping up to be a hit. Does it lack sales or acclaim? Absolutely not. With that being said, I’m not betting on it in AoTY, mainly because of TS’s previous wins. If it was by any artist other than her, I would’ve included the album in my predictions.

I predict Taylor might get a slot for AOTY but I agree for her not winning this for the third time (although her winning also can be a surprise in case no country album makes into the final eight, country committee probably vote Lover especially if she submits SYGB into country field). TUN also has chance but I’m not sure how NARAS will react after her Grammy feud. IGOR and Cuz I Love You will split the votes + it well known that NARAS kinda hate hip-hop/rap in general but anything could happen since This Is America snatching both SOTY/ROTY early this year. I’ve already explained my reason for Billie and for ASIB, the hype is fading so praying circle for Gaga. It is so tricky to predict 2020 Grammy AOTY  but hey hey hey watch out Bruce Springsteen “Western Stars”, it might be our dark horse after all.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

TUN’s AoTY chances are dead and even Ariana stans know that. Billie and ASIB are definitely ahead if nominated.

“Boyfriend” was a bad choice and just killed whatever momentum she had left. She should’ve found a way to extend TUN era with a good single choice after the polarizing “7 Rings” and “Break Up”.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t wait for the Grammy ceremony so that all this boring endless discussion about Taylor/Ariana/Billie can finally be fucking OVER

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t wait for the Grammy ceremony so that all this boring endless discussion about Taylor/Ariana can finally be fucking OVER

We said this last year and look what happened 💀.

ReplyCopy URL
    CarlosEdu21
    Participant
    Topics:

It is so tricky to predict 2020 Grammy AOTY but hey hey hey watch out Bruce Springsteen “Western Stars”, it might be our dark horse after all.

This time a probably dark horse is Norman Fucking Rockwell, depending of Lana’s nominations and, specially, if Lana submit in Alternative categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Um, there’s a significant difference between a 79 and an 86 which is 7 points exactly. A 79 is consisted of positive reviews while an 86 is acclaim. Stans never know when to properly use “critical acclaim”. None of Taylor’s albums have ever gotten raves while critics have actually been kinder to Ariana’s work and TUN has more acclaim than any of Taylor’s album. This is moot cause neither are winning, especially the latter.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

I predict Taylor might get a slot for AOTY but I agree for her not winning this for the third time (although her winning also can be a surprise in case no country album makes into the final eight, country committee probably vote Lover especially if she submits SYGB into country field). TUN also has chance but I’m not sure how NARAS will react after her Grammy feud. IGOR and Cuz I Love You will split the votes + it well known that NARAS kinda hate hip-hop/rap in general but anything could happen since This Is America snatching both SOTY/ROTY early this year. I’ve already explained my reason for Billie and for ASIB, the hype is fading so praying circle for Gaga. It is so tricky to predict 2020 Grammy AOTY but hey hey hey watch out Bruce Springsteen “Western Stars”, it might be our dark horse after all.

I will probably never buy or understand this “ASIB hype died” thing. Its still going to end as the best selling album from this Grammy period, one of the most acclaimed of the year and if Gaga’s biggest competition is going to be Billie and Ariana we know who they are voting for without thinking twice, also if no real country album gets one of the 8 slots, the country votes will mostly go to ASIB instead of Lover which only have 2 country Songs of 18

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  jowgbruno.
    ReplyCopy URL
    kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Um, there’s a significant difference between a 79 and an 86 which is 7 points exactly. A 79 is consisted of positive reviews while an 86 is acclaim. Stans never know when to properly use “critical acclaim”. None of Taylor’s albums have ever gotten raves while critics have actually been kinder to Ariana’s work and TUN has more acclaim than any of Taylor’s album. This is moot cause neither are winning, especially the latter.

Metacritic is stupid because they said TUN is better than Self Titled. They have deaf to think that.

ReplyCopy URL
    kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

I will probably never buy or understand this “ASIB hype died” thing. Its still going to end as the best selling album from this Grammy period, one of the most acclaimed of the year and if Gaga’s biggest competition is going to be Billie and Ariana we know who they are voting for without thinking twice, also if no real country album gets one of the 8 slots, the country votes will mostly go to ASIB instead of Lover which only have 2 country Songs of 18

Hype died same as TUN because no more singles on the radio and nobody talks about except here. Especially with ASIB they got there awards already.

ReplyCopy URL
    kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Too many woman in AOTY. Ariana, Billie, Gaga, Lizzo, Beyonce, Taylor, Lana, and maybe Solange and Maggie all want spots they can’t all make. Who will be left off?

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Hype died same as TUN because no more singles on the radio and nobody talks about except here. Especially with ASIB they got there awards already.

Says the person who believes that HC, the album that died with less then 1 month, it’s going to be nom in the aoty lmfao

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

In the last week of August ASIB was winning a important country award, Billboard made a article about Shallow leaving the charts and how it became the most powerfull Oscar winning song on the Hot 100, you have to be really dumb to think that nobody talks about the album till today

ReplyCopy URL
    kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

OK but winning is in January so it’s even longer time.

And Homecoming is more like “This is America”. It made huge impact and is remembered by every voter. It’s not compared to pop girls who measure by sales. Beyonce is legendary tier so her standards are different. An you bring up Billboard that predict Homecoming so does many critic yet BIllboard doesn’t predict ASIB.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  kenboi99.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  kenboi99.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 808 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.